Courtney gave me an idea.

I hope she does not take this the wrong way. But I think the idea is going to make me happy. We were talking about gifts and I mentioned the Dollar tree. Well, I find that some people will be at the house for Christmas. I don't want them to go without a gift. I am going to budget $15 for each house. I am going to the dollar tree to find stuff for a basket of goods. Cleaning supplies and other name brand items. I will do it up nice with a bow and bag. That makes me feel good knowing that they will get a gift. I am not going to sit down and think about the price anymore. It's like she says the thought that counts. My loved ones are already set for gifts. I need to buy my brother clothes and after that, it's a done deal. Thanks friend for your help.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh nice you got that great idea from Courtney Sharon. It is good to budget for each house yes.
That is what I am going to do instead of gifting to the entire family.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sharon6345 Yes you can do that instead..its hard enough for you Sharon as it is.
@TiarasOceanView yes I know and I plan to do a major cut back since I am on hard times. Kay included.
I agree, the thought is what counts. Anything we get we should be grateful for.
Lol i had to comment here.. girl wait til Christmas when you see the box.. im dying waiting
@Courtlynn Lol, I'm sure the waiting is killing you! And I'm sure I'm going to beat y'all for doing too much!
@LovingMyBabies lol i told my mom that the other day, was like shes going to beat us for going over the top you guys deserve it
Who me? Never. Glad you decided to not worry so much
OH yes, you, my dear friend and I am so glad to see my gifts piling up. But I refuse to stress this year. You helped me so much more than you could imagine. Thanks for that even my mom likes it.
@sharon6345 aw you're welcome.
@Courtlynn Thanks very much for making me smile. I was talking to my mom and we both feel the same way. I will leave it for now. I am happy for a little while. thanks again.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It really is the thought that counts.
@Tina30219 (23179)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is a great idea. My mom and her boyfriend are hard to buy for because they have everything they could ever want. I think it will be a gift card to their favorite restaurant and a bottle of cologne for each of them.
That is good too since you know what they like.
@Tina30219 (23179)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yes that is a wonderful idea. If you know the person is a coffee drinker get a couple mugs, creamers and a coffee. If they like candles do a candle gift bag. Kids, do toys. I thought at one time you were making baskets and selling them. My family has agreed to NOT do gifts anymore because the stress it puts on each family buying for the children and then the family members. For the elderly people, most not kin, I bake cookies and give them out.
@silvermist (14869)
Mylot is a good place to come across good ideas by reading discussions of all the different members.
@sugartoes (31302)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's sweet of you to do, me if I had it I'd give everyone a nice gift card & a box of cookies or something like that & that's the best way to do that one.
I might try that cookie thing with a good sale.
Great that Courtney gave you this idea.
I think so as well. I will save a lot of money and make a nice gift.
@skydream (819)
• Agate, Colorado
Dollar tree for christmas is such a good idea! I do that every year and anytime someone asks what I want i tell them to go there. They have snowglobes, wrestling cards, even phone chargers that work and decorations, it's the perfect place to go to for gift shopping for holidays! I'm glad you're not going to think about the price anymore, any gift is great
That will save me a lot this year. Thank you very much.
That is what I always did for my friends and family it is the thought that counts.
Thanks I feel so good with that now. I will just shop the house with one basket.