Spicy Vegetable Soup! My first batch!

My first cup of soup...yay!
I promise it tasted better than it looks. I wanted something healthy to bring for lunch at work, after about 6 months of dietig and eating mainly salads, i am a littlr sick of them! (I still like them though - am I crazy or what?!) I also had some green peppers and zucchinis that needed to get used stat. It turned out good. At first the broth was a little bit bland so I dumped in more cumin and cayenne. Now it definitely has a zing. He he. I cant say Ive ever made home made veggie soup. So this was a first...and a success! This is whats in there: -vegan broth boullion (low sodium) -chopped green peppers -2 chopped zucchinis -1 can of corn -6 chopped roma tomatoes -a million stalks of celery (well about 8) -a bag of chopped carrots -2 onions -lime juice, cumin, cayenne and some chopped cilantro on top! I think that is it, super simple and loaded with veggies. I do think next time Ill add in black beans for protein. Do you ever make your own home made soup?
I like different kinds of soups. In fact the soups play a main role in our meal. Here we will have the soup almost everyday. As it is hot here, having the soup will make us feel better and healthier.
Nice. I do agree some soups are heathy. Whats your favorite kind to eat?
@maezee I especially like hot and sour soup, Borscht and so on.
@youless ooh u have never had those!
@mandala100 (22984)
@maezee Yes most of the time my friend. Your soup loook so very tasty.
Thanks!its good!do you ever make soup?
@mandala100 (22984)
@maezee Yes I do my friend.
@mandala100 is there a kind you could suggest to me?
@salonga (27833)
Yes, I do make soups at home especially during rainy days like these.
Nice. What types do you make?
@salonga (27833)
@maezee I do various noodle soup, not the instant noodles but I make my own with vegetables.
@salonga sounds amazing!
That actually sounds pretty good! and I'm not a fan of vegetable soup. Sopa de Lima. That's lime soup from Mexico. It is kind of a chicken soup with some vegetables in it and lime juice. You could probably add some extra spice to it to jazz it up to your preference. I love lime soup!
Hey I will check it out! Thanks! Since I dont eat meat veggie soup is literally the only type I eat. Haha. Lime juice and spice together sounds amazing!!
@maezee When they first offered us "lime soup" at a restaurant in Cozumel I was scared. It was soooo good. It is a chicken soup but you can make it without the chicken and just do the veggies. The lime juice really makes it so bright and fresh. The serve it with some tortilla strips in it similar to tortilla soup.
@NJChicaa yes. Thanks! I will check it out.
@Lucky15 (33307)
having a nice soup during rainy weather is what i always do. always have that beef soup :)
Yes! Do you put any veggies in there?
@Lucky15 (33307)
@maezee we do. cabbage and potatoes :)
@Neiltarquin (1120)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
Wow... I'll try that. Sounds yummy. I'll try this. I sometimes try to experiment, some are edible. Some are a guide to learn from.
Haha. I have made a bad batch many years ago that was bland and horrible. So that scared me off for a while. I like this one though!
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@maezee good thing you revisited the receipe and fine tuned it. Now that I have a good look on the veggie soup you've made. It looks like a local veggie soup that I like back home. It's called "laswa" meaning mixed veggies. It's A Filipino dish.
@Nawsheen (22906)
• Mauritius
I never buy soup. I always make mine from scratch. Some soups that I have made include vegetable soup, chicken soup, corn soup
Yes. Thats awesome! Ill probably be sick of soup in a week but I love knowing I have enough lunch food for about a week or two!
@Nawsheen (22906)
• Mauritius
@maezee Yes you are right. Even I can't have soup on a daily basis. However soup has lots of health benefits.
@Tracy04 (10007)
It was delicious
Did you make some recently too?
@Tracy04 (10007)
@maezee for my last week's gastric you mean? Yeah. Similar like this. Just lesser ingredients. Last week my soup only have potato and coriander.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I do and put all sorts of things in my soups. That soup looks very tasty Maezee. You are Vegan huh?
Nice. I am not vegan but vegetarian! They only had vegan boullion cubes however. What kind of soups do you like to make? Do you have a favorite?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@maezee What is the difference..vegan is what no dairy? And vegetarian is no meat? I make chicken noodle and beef soup and all kinds of spices and stuff in there. Boring I guess.
Haven't tried making my own soup. Looks like this is worth the try though.
Yes! For sure is.
Sounds pretty good I had spicy tacos and, yes I often make chicken noodle soup, stew or Chili homemade.
Yum! Those sound good. Hope youre having a good afternoon.
@maezee Thanks it's been a good one.
@MoonMaa (244)
Yes, I have make soups all the time. One of my favorites is split pea soup.
Split pea soup! That sounds complicated but delicious!
It sounds good. I make soup but usually when the weather is cool outside.
Yes. I am crazy, it was 90 degrees when I cooked it. I do think Ill stick to more summery dishes going forward haha!
Your soup does look good I have made veggie soup but not recently. My usual homemade soups are lentil or split pea
Ooh thise both sound really amazing!
@Freelanzer (5955)
I make a lot of homemade veggie or bean soups . Sometimes I make enough to freeze and use later
Thats a great idea! I froze some as well. Do you think it tastes funny or different after its been frozen and unfrozen?
@tzwrites (3011)
I make soup almost every day. Glad your soup turned out tasty.
Nice! What kind of soups do you make?
@spaceseed (2932)
I will give a try
You should :)
@Prshnth (738)
• Bangalore, India
that doesn't look tastier but i might try it some time
It is very tasty in my opinion. Looks can be deceiving!
That's a lot of vegetables right there, good for you there. I've focused myself with some fruits as snacks.
Thats a great idea for snacks. I am also trying to lose a little bit of weight so everything I make has to be healthy and loaded with veggies!
@prashu228 (18607)
Yes I like to have soup , but only once a week. I like hot and sour chicken soup
That seems to be a popular one. Do you make it from scratch?