The Seasons Of Happiness

I see advertisements about Christmas in July. Do we really like the holiday that much that we'll fake it a few months early? Or do we really just like to shop and its a great catch phrase for a sale? Either way, there seems to be so much of it. It got me to thinking about Christmas-the real one. It got me to thinking about the happiness that I've felt over the years for giving and receiving certain gifts. One year, Santa left a note for our son to get ready and go for a car ride with us as his last gift was waiting for him at a farm not too far from where we lived. We drove there, of course we had made arrangements, and his puppy was waiting for him with a bow around her neck. Our son was over-joyed with happiness. He remembers everything about that day and how wonderful he felt when he held Nayla for the first time. What season brings you the most happiness?
I do like giving gifts around Christmas time. And there is just something in the air. Unless you go to a shopping mall after Thanksgiving. Then its just horrible. Lol.
I like enjoying each season as it comes, even a cool and wet summer like we seem to be having this year.
Christmas brings me hap piness Nov doesasI have abirthday thpen I am happy most moths asI mayot a lot
I have many rich and fond memories of Christmas over the years. My birthday month is July, in fact my birthday is on the 20th. I was sick and hospitalized on my birthday when I was a child and have never liked birthdays since then.
Is Nayla the puppy in the photo? What a lovely dog and the face of your son shows how happy he was. I do not like to anticipate holidays, vacations, the beach, the icking in summer and Christmas in winter.
Yes that is a picture of our beloved Princess Nayla Marie.......the people who were in on the little Christmas morning surprise took the picture, they were so excited!
@Juliaacv She looked so cute, impossible not to love her.
@LadyDuck Our son kept the ribbon that was around her neck and a couple of years later he made that part of his contribution to our time capsule-which we do every 10 years.
@sueznewz2 (9332)
• Alicante, Spain
I love Christmas... I've tried to think of what season brings me the most happiness...but I can’t make a decision... I love them all... ps love photo...
I'm a Christmas person also, and Thanksgiving, and so many other holidays........ Thanks, he was pretty happy that year, he didn't want to go anywhere after he got the pup, he wanted to stay home with Dad and I and the pup. And we felt so lucky, because we knew soon enough he'd be dashing off here or there in the years that followed.
@sueznewz2 (9332)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv I'm sure... One year my Dad bought home a puppy... and I used to take it out to the playing fields and on long walks...wherever I went he came with me... it became my costant companion... and Ive had dogs on and off ever since...
@sueznewz2 And that was his constant companion for the next 10 years. And now as an adult out on his own he has his own beloved dog, Ellie.
Aww. Thats cute. Great idea. I dont know.. I love halloween- seeing the little kids dressed up and happy.. and sometimes getting candy myself. Love thanksgiving cause we do dinner then put up the tree and decorate. And i love christmas.. cuz of giving. And happy faces. And christmas movies. But i also like recieving and havent really in 5 years, so kinda gets me down now. As we all deserve gifts
Yes, we all love to get something special from someone. For me its all about the good times in general, the gathering, the meals, the fun and great times we share. And that can happen at any time of the year.
@Juliaacv yes it can.
I bet that was such a special surprise to him.
We knew it was, but after that school year when he brought his journal home, and we read thru it time and time again he mentioned Nayla and what a wonderful Christmas surprise she was. And they were best friends for a decade.
• Lakewood, Colorado
This is your son in the pic with the puppy Julia? This is indeed a very precious memory.
Yes, that's our son and Nayla on Christmas morning back in the late 90's.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@mandala100 (25012)
@Juliaacv That's so very early my friend to think about a Christmas in July. Anyway as long as you have peace and happiness in your heart and mind then everyday is Christmas Day.
That's true.
@mandala100 (25012)
@Juliaacv Alright and I'll see you later my friend.
@salonga (27969)
Christmas brings a lot of happiness to me, also birthday celebrations and summer vacations.
Enjoying the big festive meal, after all of the hours of planning and preparation, is what I love about Christmas, and Thanksgiving also. We were always the ones in the family that hosted the big meal events, so we've lots of rich memories.
@salonga (27969)
@Juliaacv Oh dear, yes I know, I know that wonderful feeling for sure.
@valmnz (12623)
• New Zealand
We did a similar thing, though our son had stopped believing in Santa. We drove to a farm to pick up his present on Christmas Eve, a wee eight week old golden Labrador puppy.
That is what this dog was a yellow lab mix.
What a great picture! Nothing beats a boy and his dog Christmas is the season that brings me the most happiness plus it's my birthday QVC had some wonderful deals this weekend with their Christmas in July sales so I bought my new tree with free shipping and 6 easy payments.
That's a good deal, buying it now really pays off. I agree.......a boy and his dog, go together like peanut butter and jelly.
@BloggerDi (418)
I think it's way too early to start thinking about Christmas. But I love the story about your son's surprise puppy! It's never the wrong time of year to enjoy sweet memories. I don't have one season that is necessarily happier for me than any other, as far as favorite holidays. I enjoy them all equally I think. But I do prefer warm weather more than cold.
Thank you, Nayla was a special part of our family. The story of how she came to us is unique. I dislike driving in the winter months when its slippery out, but I like the cold weather-you just have to know how to dress for it.
I love Christmas time, but I like to start celebrating after Thanksgiving, not in July lol.
I don't start celebrating it until December.
What a sweet memory. I love Christmas and everything about it. It always makes me feel so happy and there are just so many wonderful memories of Christmases past.
We're so blessed to have such wonderful memories, not everyone does, and I am glad that I haven't missed out on that as I'm sure that you are also.
@Platespinner (18095)
On one hand I do think it's way too early to think about Christmas, but since I'm working on a Christmasy sampler quilt I could well be accused of hypocrisy.
Projects like that need to be done early so that they can be completed and you can actually partake and enjoy in the many special seasonal activities during the month of December.
I think that I like the Spring season the best. It is way too early to think about Christmas.
I agree, way to early! I like to enjoy each season for what it is, no need to rush thru our lives. Our son was so happy with that gift, and almost 3 years later, when he researched a puppy to get for himself, as an adult, it was near Christmas time. My husband drove him down to pick up the pup, and pay for it, and they came back to our place, and he asked me to take his picture sitting on the floor with the puppy in front of the tree like the picture we took when he was a little boy and got Nayla. It was so sweet.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Season that brings me happiness is when watching 8-16 hours Korean drama
I'm one of those people who thinks the week before Christmas is time enough to start thinking about it. I do enjoy it when it gets here. That was a lovely present for your son.