My day of fun turned into more frustration

A lot has been going on lately. My job has me at my wits end and I can't take anymore.. so I found another job and put in my notice.. I actually gave 3 weeks notice because I don't start my new job until the 31st. But I still have to put up with the misery for my last 2 weeks, and it's been hard and stressful. I'm worn out, exhausted, burned out... you name it! I told my husband a few days ago that I just need a day of fun to get my mind off things for a bit. My youngest had to go down to the city today for a birthday party at the baseball stadium, so hubby and I figured we'd go to the mall right next door to the stadium and have some fun. We would have some lunch and do a little shopping.. Of course I forgot that I don't usually handle the mall very well, especially this particular mall which is over crowded and usually filled with the wrong element of people. Lunch was nice, we tried a diner in the mall that I've always wanted to go to but never have. We ran into my daughter who had spent last night at a friend's house and then apparently they went to the mall together so my daughter ended up just coming home with us after. But as I tried to do some shopping I just got frustrated. I'm over weight and have a hard time finding things that look nice on me. I prefer to shop clearance racks to save money but it's extra hard finding nice items this way.. and the clearance racks at the stores are so jumbled and chaotic.. add that to the crowd, the kids running wild, watching a teenager get thrown out of the mall.. I ended up even more stressed than I was when I got there. So we came home and watched Moana on Netflix.. Next weekend we're thinking of going to the Outlet mall. It's cheaper, it's a strip mall so less crowded, and it's pretty far out so you don't get too much of the wrong type of crowd there. How was your Sunday?
That sounded like you had to handle a lot. Sunday was fine for me. Nothing extraordinary happened.
That can be nice!
@katsmeow1213 it is nice!
Its been a great sunday so far so it shouold continue being really fantastic
Great!
Sorry to didn't have a good day. Congrats on the new job. That is great.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to being done with my current job!
So sorry you are so stressed out. I spent my Sunday at the beach with my grandson, son, and hubby. Then we went out to dinner. It was the most beautiful day ever.
Hubby is taking me out to dinner again tonight, but won't tell me where. He says it's somewhere new. Hopefully it will be a nice night.
@katsmeow1213 Enjoy! My husband is as nice as yours. He called our favorite Italian restaurant yesterday and picked up all kinds of goodies. Tonight, we had rack of lamb. Lol!
@DianneN Oh yum! Our dinner turned out nice. We went to a local pub we'd never been to before. Serving sizes were huge and prices were reasonable, and the food was good! I'd definitely go back!
Oh gosh, I hope you got in some relaxing time after that! It is frustrating when you go somewhere TO have fun and it turns out to be something else. The mall is especially nuts during summer!
Yeah, well this mall is always nuts, and we know that! We never should have gone there knowing we were stressed to begin with.
@katsmeow1213 So are you going to hit up the outlets this weekend?
@much2say That is our plan! Hopefully it's nice on Sunday for us.
@Tracy04 (10275)
My Sunday was good. It is Monday afternoon here now
And now it's Wednesday.. I've been busy this week so haven't had time to check on Mylot much.
@Tracy04 (10275)
@katsmeow1213 nah never too late to response one discussion. As long as you earn something
@spaceseed (2931)
All the very best for your new job. These days the fun of doing job is going away. earlier we had atleast some time in a day to be calleds as ours but now trend of long working hourse is taking all the fun from life.
I only work 40 hours a week, but I don't like where I work anymore, so that makes me exhausted and stressed when I get home.
I'm sorry your day wasn't great, I know the feeling. We had a disappointing day as well.
Sorry to hear that.
@sugartoes (31302)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow you were all out of sorts to deal with all that to get through hope you can get through the rest of the time your at your old job till you start you NEW one & everything gets better soon for you.
Yeah.. soon as I'm done at my current job I think things will get better.
My Sunday started off at 7am seeing my boyfriend off to work and then I spent the day working on my new business that I am trying to get off the ground! My boyfriend finished work at 6pm then we spent a few hours visiting his son before coming home. Not a bad day, but not the best really working on a weekend.
Oh boy. Sorry your day wasn't as good as you had hoped.