Why The Fright

@stbrians (15854)
Kakamega, Kenya
Am invited to give a motivational talk to a big university in my country today. I never slept and am shivering in my shoes. What will I tell them? Will they listen to me. Am having some fright. Where does it come from? Pixabay
Normal fear kust rewmember you were thought of as being worth thy to give this speech. now start wrtng what ytiyu w ant ttio say remember they all wear underwear see that and give your s[eech
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I love that one about wearing underwear. Nowadays people do not wear them things anymore. There is nothing under those skirts he he
@Tracy04 (10821)
Don't worry. You are not alone. Some expert says that it was part of human being feelings. If you don't feel afraid, means you are not human.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Oh Tracy, you put it so well
@Tracy04 (10821)
@stbrians Enough practice and enough sleep will helps the fright lower down. Fighting! I know you can do it!
@Shiva49 (13838)
Hope it went well. Stage fear is real for almost all but over time it is not an issue - siva
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Yeah! It comes naturally. When you overcome it is when you perform so well_
You will do ok believe in yourself.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I have made the speech and in four hours time, I will be on stage
@Nawsheen (22988)
• Mauritius
It happens to me too very often. I don't like to speak in front of a crowd. Just gather your confidence and I am sure that everything will go well
• South Africa
It be difficult to believe but most famous motivational speakers have at one time (or still) feel exactly what you are feeling right now! One trick is to pretend to give your speech to only one person who is eager to hear your words and will not judge you. I want to hear your speech - am sure it will be good! Another trick is one that actors and actresses use, believe it or not a number of actors/actress are quite shy so what they do - they act 'as if' - how would I behave IF I were that person. So go on stage acting AS IF you are the greatest highest paid motivational speaker walk the walk and talk the talk. Make it happen - you know you can!
Oh be confident. I'm sure they will listen to you.