Meth Head In The Parking Lot

Today I went to the Publix grocery store to pick up medication for Tony and this is a really nice area so you don`t see any bums, The Oxford Publix is a nice area but bums still hang around because of the mall across the street but this one is out sorta to itself. When I came out to get in the car, this woman walked away from the truck next to our car, now Tony has a handicap hang tag and we were in a handicap parking space up close to the front door, she looked lost. She said " Excuse me can I ask a favor?" We turned and listened, she said " me and my family are homeless and living in that truck over there and we need $14 to get a motel room for the night, we are right there in that truck, come and see for yourself." Without Tony speaking a word I did not hesitate to say " Sorry I cannot help you." Wanna know why? She had sores all up and down her arms, raw. Her face had some healing sores, some scar and some still open. A meth addict. How do I know what meth heads look like? We have several nephews that are cops. And they are often bumming people and its the same line " they are homeless or ran out of gas" What made this one more dangerous is she is trying to get people down to this truck, not good. I drove up to the front door and told the girl at customer service, she was concerned about her going to the cars of people and not just sitting by the door asking. She called security and a couple of the older employees went outside. This meth is horrible, what a waste of life, she was beautiful but now that this has a hold of her she will look like 100 years old in no time. Ever have any drug addicts bum you?
• Richfield, Utah
I've had homeless people ask me for smokes once or twice, I just look at them and say, do I look like a person who has smokes? I don't smoke.....
You are right, it's not a good thing that she tried to ask people to go to her truck. I hope the customer service took care of them.
Oh I am sure they did, they look down on that on their lot.
Never had any experiences like that. And I would never fall for that trick either. You have to keep your heard on straight and not fall for those things.
Oh I do, I am no fool.
@andriaperry When I say "you" that doesn't mean you specifically - it's a general statement.
Oh goodness. Glad you didn't go to the truck. No i havent, that i know of
Lord No! As soon as she shut up I said no I cant help and motioned for Tony to get in the car.
@Tracy04 (10795)
Have seen a lot, but never encounter them. Hopefully not. It's scary.
Good that you havent. yes it is scary
@Tracy04 (10795)
Luckily we don't see them in our area. I'm not sure how I'd deal with it. I would find it very confronting for starters but I wouldn't be giving them money.