What Blogging Platform Are You Using?

@ARIES1973 (9441)
Legaspi, Philippines
Blogger or WordPress? These are the two biggest blogging platform online. Both have their own pros and cons. Until this time, arguments exist as to which blogging platform is better. When I was just starting in blogging, I was using Blogger. It was easy to set up and you can start right away. However, I wanted to learn WordPress because I am preparing for the time that I may be assigned in managing the website of our office (government). I have learned that Wordpress is the acceptable platform for government websites. I was able to set up my site after purchasing a domain and hosting package. It was difficult at first considering that I am not an IT, but with the help of my Facebook friends, and with some online videos as a guide, I have successfully set up my site and started writing. How about you my friends, what blogging platform do you prefer to use?
myLot I tried 'regular' blogging, but just couldn't seem to find a 'comfort zone'.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Thank you for dropping by. What do you mean you couldn't find a comfort zone?
@ARIES1973 I am more used to interaction from people. Just writing and posting it and maybe someone coming along and reading it/leaving a comment just didn't work for me.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@JolietJake Well, probably at first, we can experience like being alone. But finding the right strategy and blogging tools, we could be able to set up a forum so we can interact with each other.
@Tracy04 (10696)
I don't really blog. I don't know what to write
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Tracy04 - Actually, blogging is just like an online diary. We can write the things that do for the day. Well, anyway we can also write regarding any topic here in myLot. Thank you for dropping by.
@Tracy04 (10696)
@ARIES1973 did you able to earn from blogging like mylot does?
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Tracy04 I need to start all over again. My first attempt was unsuccessful. That was several years ago. The reason I had to stop because I found a better option. So I set aside blogging. When I decided to come back, I realized that there were previous tasks necessary for blogging that I was doing wrong. So I deleted all my previous accounts and started again. I hope I can make it this time.
@AkoPinay (10721)
I use Blogger and Wordpress.com (not .org). Blogger is easy to use (no need to install plugins) but Wordpress.com is more SECURE and mobile-friendly.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@AkoPinay Yes, I know about bitlanders. I remember previously, they were paying through bitcoins. As for me, I want to get the best strategy for blogging that is why I am continuously searching to help me improve .
@AkoPinay (10721)
@ARIES1973 I learned more from bitLanders because our articles are reviewed/rated.
Adding Photosand Videoson bitLanders Blog Posts A blogcan appear to be interesting and appealing when accompanied with videos, pictures or graphics that support and enhance the essence of the entire blog for readers to fully visualize, grasp and understan
@AkoPinay (10721)
@ARIES1973 I learned a lot from this pinoy blogger
Photo Credit: louisluwe.com I should have published this blog during my glory days here in Bitlanders a long time ago. LOL! Well, its not really that long time in the past because as far as I remember I left this site around October of 2015 to focus on my
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
I have been using wordpress but however I am very unsuccessful when it comes to blogging
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
I can't say that I am already successful but I won't stop until I find the right strategy. Thank you for dropping by.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Nawsheen Actually, I have made some considerable amount from other sies that I have. But those are not related to writing or blogging. I am earning from other activities, such as task-based jobs and call reviewing. But I really want to learn the skill of blogging because I believe that this is one f the best ways to have passive income.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
@ARIES1973 I completely agree with you. My friend started a blog where is currently sharing about her recipes and she is doing quite well. I think that the subject matter also counts
I don't know any of those. I only know how to join online writing sites like this. I write only when my work is already done.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Thank you for dropping by. I love to learn new things and blogging is one thing that I want to explore. I am learning and discovering new knowledge and skills, and that is something that I am happy about.
@ARIES1973 Good for you, because maybe you are tech savvy. I am not, that's why I am just in writing sites.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Just trying hard to be a tech-savvy . I graduated way back before the computer technology becomes popular.
@franxav (3636)
I chose blogger as it promised me some earning, not that I've earned any money. I also used wordpress for some time.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@franxav - Yes, Blogger is good because it is easy to use. Is the earning okay?
@shivamani10 (9941)
• Hyderabad, India
Sorry.l I do not have any site. I am totally dependent on other sites. Of course, I never gave a serious thought to it.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
That is okay. Writing for other sites is also a good thing to do. You can earn from this activity and at the same time a good way to spend time. Thank you for dropping by!
@Bluedoll (17074)
Yes each has an advantage and disadvantage. It depends on what your blog is about I suppose. It's interesting to see what people write about. Not all are commercialized. I've tried both.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi @Bluedoll! As of now, I temporarily set aside my own blog to give more focus on Bitlanders and I am enjoying the site. Bitlanders is also using wordpress platform. It is a good avenue to learn things related to blogging.
@Bluedoll (17074)
@ARIES1973 Your profile link brought me to bitlander's but not your site. I'm not sure if you meant it to do that or not? Never heard of the site until now. Seems interesting! Things? What things?
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Bluedoll Yes, sis we are allowed to place any site on our profile. I am changing the profile link every now and then.
For blogging I use blogger and love it. It is easy to go into and easy to correct mistakes. I had Worpress once for a web and did not like it and had something else and did not visit my web much. When I do blog I send it to different places so I prefer that.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Blogger and WordPress are both good platforms. Our preferences may vary depending on our needs. With Blogger, we can edit the them that we chose to have as long as we have enough knowledge of HTML. Thank you for dropping by.
@ARIES1973 You are welcome. Since I dropped by where are the milk and cookies? It is a joke since you thanked me for dropping by. I love blogger and it is very easy to use.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Hannihar I'm sorry, I wasn't notified by this comment or perhaps I overlooked it.
@Neiltarquin (1111)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I'm new with this online job thing so most of what they could offer is too foreign for me. Willing to learn though. If someone could point to sites like postloop or mylot, it would be very much appreciated.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi @Neiltarquin Being in myLot is probably one of the best ways to start. You will learn a lot of things from here. Just drop in your question so that anybody can give you a light on the matter. If you have a question about blogging, then probably you can ask a specific question. I'm sure you won't regret once you learned about the different sites, strategies and other necessary things related to online working. The benefits are great. Have a wonderful day!
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@ARIES1973 do you any recommendations of sites that your using? What I have right now is PostLoop and myLot. As of now I'm focusing on Ptp sites.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@Neiltarquin You can try HubPages. One of the oldest sites and they are paying well. As for me, I am focusing on developing my own blog. I am a member of this site but I am not active at this time.
I used to blog before but now I don't due to lack of time..But as far as I concerned I prefer blogger platform as compared to WordPress..
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Yes, Blogger is a good platform. Choosing a good blogging platform depends on our preferences. One of the reasons why I stopped when I first started was due to lack of time. When I found a good online work, I decided to concentrate on it first so that I would be able to earn some amount.
@vsai2008 (7632)
I use blogger, I find it simpler
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Yes, Blogger is much easier to use. Both platforms are good. We just have to choose which one suits us. Thank you for dropping by.
@vsai2008 (7632)
@lovebuglena (2901)
I actually have both Wordpress and Blogger but I don't post there a lot these days...
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@lovebuglena How long did you set up your blog? Were you able to earn from it?
@jobelbojel (4716)
I have created my WP and Blogger accountd but never published anything. But I joined revenue sites and used WP.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@jobelbojel - Thanks for dropping by. I also joined some revenue sites but all of them were gone. I lost several hundreds of dollars on some and gain from others. I am concentrating in blogging as of the moment.
I am using Blogger. The reason your government websites might be based on WordPress is that Wordpress is not just a blogging platform. It's actually a CMS platform and that means there are a lot more features in it than blogging.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi @thehousewife! Yes, Wordpress is an open-source content management system (CRM) based on PHP and MySQL. It's good to know that you are using blogger. I am still using it with my other sites. But, since I wanted to enhance my knowledge, I decided to learn WordPress which I find very helpful. I am currently submitting a proposal for part time website management work in one of the offices here in our place and hopeful that I could get the contract. Thank you for dropping by.
@thelme55 (11427)
I am using Blogger but I have tried writing on a WordPress platform which was used by Blogjob.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@thelme55 - I heard about blogjob but I haven't tried it. Yes, There are several writing sites that use WP as their platform. Thank you for dropping by.
@thelme55 (11427)
@ARIES1973 you are very welcome.
@Kahl39 (1062)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I have both but I am still trying to sort things out.