Almost Fatal Accident

@nanette64 (10915)
Fairfield, Texas
My daughter; who I raised correctly, has lost her fricking mind. 47-years old and not ONE brain cell is apparently working. I've mentioned in previous posts that she has had 3 accidents on her Harley Davidson motorcycle and came out fairly unscathed. I chewed her out over those incidents and told her she was lucky to still be alive. Her husband of 1 year (who I disapprove of) and her have been doing a lot of drinking. I have found out that she is even drinking on her lunch breaks at work, not to mention on the weekends, she starts at 10 am. Well Friday was the company outing that lasted from 11:30 am until 8 pm with alcohol present. Since her motorcycle has been in the shop since the last incident, she was driving her 2014 Chevy Silverado. Her husband who showed up at 8 to accompany her to a bar was on his motorcycle. When he saw the drunken condition she was in, he told her to take a cab and go home. Did she listen? Hell no. Within 10 minutes of leaving the party, she smashed into a cement abutment under a bridge. She tried to say a car cut her off and she had to swerve to miss it. Well NO. Since her husband was following her in the truck, he said she was just so drunk that she passed out behind the wheel. He wound up laying the bike down to avoid the accident and he wound up with 5 broken ribs, a bruised lung and a screwed up leg. He was rushed to the hospital and he's still there today. My daughter???? Not one bruise. She was still taken to the hospital and given a CT Scan and x-rays. She was released Saturday afternoon. The truck is completely totaled. Why the police didn't get a BAL from the hospital showing she was completely drunk is beyond me because she should have been arrested and charged with a DUI (DWI). So now he is out of work, his bike is screwed, the truck is ruined, she has no way to get to her job. The insurance will pay off the truck (under lease) but because her credit is in the toilet and she filed a Chapter 11 not long ago, she won't be able to get another vehicle unless she pays cash; which she doesn't have. IF she would have gone home when he told her too, this wouldn't have happened. My daughter definitely has an alcohol problem and I hope this was a wake-up call. She could have killed somebody or herself.
I suppose the police did not request a test because no other vehicles were in the accident. Your daughter should take this as a last warning.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
That's what I'm thinking (police) @LadyDuck . I hope she does (warning) because the next one could be the last.
@nanette64 When we are young, too many times we play with our life.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@LadyDuck I know but dang, you'd think at 47, she wouldn't.
Some people never learn - and she sounds like one of them...but he should have taken the keys away form not just tell her to take a cab. They both seem to be a little short on brain power.
@CaseyRoss9966 you made a good decision...I don't drink ...You don't have to drink to enjoy life.
@CaseyRoss9966 That student is, to say it frankly, stupid! I went to college to study and learn
@Marty1 So did I. College cost way too much to not go for the learning.
@silvermist (13457)
What I am thinking is, suppose she hits some body and kills them,while drunk? Quite a heartache you are going through as her mother.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
It terrifies me that this is what is going to happen @silvermist .
@silvermist (13457)
@nanette64 You can only wish she comes to her senses.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@silvermist Maybe I need to spank her 47-year-old butt!!
Maybe it's a good thing your daughter won't be able to get another vehicle and hopefully this will be the wake-up call she needs to get help.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope so @Marilynda1225 because I sure don't want to get "that call".
@nanette64 You will get that call....so be prepared for it.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill I know and it makes me sad that she won't listen to her Momma!!!
We can do the best parenting, and it seems that those things we have taught them fly right out the window. I am glad on one lost their life in this accident. I, too, hope this is a wake-up call for her, but the sad part is, it is her decision to change her ways, and so many just don't.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
She's been told by her daughter, me, my sister; that if she goes to jail, nobody is going to bail her out @Corbin5 . Bull-headed kid!!
@nanette64 Sounds like a good plan to me. Enabling any adult child just perpetuates the wrongs they commit.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Exactly.
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope this accident will be a wake up call before she kills her self or someone else.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @RubyHawk because apparently my telling her to knock it off ain't working.
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@nanette64 I'm afraid telling children doesn't always work. They usually have to find out for themselves.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@RubyHawk That's the saddest part.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's good that she survived the accident, and I'm sorry to hear about her husband. I hope he recovers soon. The first step is to stop drinking (and all the toxic people who tempt her to drink in the first place). Unfortunately, age doesn't equal to maturity. I know that for a fact from my family. And I am sure you raised her properly. Once they are adults though, we no longer have control over the situation.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
She's lucky she didn't die or kill someone else @thehousewife . I told her I was going to make the 3-state trip up to her place and kick her a**.
@nanette64 I hope this was her wake-up call (and her last accident). Just when I thought that when kids grow to be adults we parents won't have to worry anymore. But it looks like the worries never stop.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
@thehousewife Yeah, no kidding on the worrying part.
I hope its a wake up call but probably wont be. Sadly.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I know, and as a mother, it breaks my heart @Courtlynn .
@nanette64 oh im sure
How awful!!!! She had to learn her lesson the hard way. I hope she shapes up soon.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @DianneN because any future outcome will not be good.
@nanette64 I hear you!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am sorry to hear this but after the last discussion you were talking about the no fear factor, I was worried about her too. I know this is putting you through hell right now worrying.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@LoriAMoore (11590)
Oh my word, your daughter must be insane! Hurting herself and now others. Can you get her into a rehab or program?
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I've tried to talk her into it @LoriAMoore but whether she'll listen, I don't know.
@FayeHazel (6774)
I am concerned for your daughter, too. :( It sounds like new husband is not a good influence. Sometimes there are exhibits at fairs here. Smashed up cars usually where a fatality has happened. It is sobering. Maybe she needs to see something like that.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope her looking at her own demolished F-150 will do the job @FayeHazel .
@Tracy04 (6508)
She needs to stop drink. May God bless and touch her heart.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope this is the incident that changes things @Tracy04 .
They were both very lucky. I hope she learns a lesson this time.
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @Kandae11 . Maybe next time she'll kill someone. Nothing like spending time in prison for Vehicular Manslaughter.
What a terrible situation. She would definitely have been charged here - even people who realise they have drunk too much and are sleeping it off in the car are still charged. They are still deemed to be drunk in charge of a vehicle. I hope your daughter pulls herself together.
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope this is the rock bottom she needs to wake up. =(
@nanette64 (10915)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @LovingMyBabies because the next incident could be deadly.
wow!did she learn anything from this?
I hope this will be a wake up call. I hope she has to take the bus to work without getting a new car or truck for awhile.
@Nawsheen (22431)
• Mauritius
I remember about the last accident you shared with us. Unfortunately she has still not learnt a lesson. I hope that she realizes that whatever she is doing is really bad.