Hope all my lotters are having a great day! Smile during the day today!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
What are your plans for today? I have a slight change of plans today. Susan, my case manager, was supposed to take me to my cardiologist today with being there at1:45 pm. Susan has an emergency so won't be able to get me to the Dr. on time. So she asked me to get in touch with my Uncle Bill, and he said he would take me. Susan will see me later in the afternoon as she used to do my meds and sort them into different boxes in the medicine organized into morning and night meds. She, my sister and psychiatrist thought I wasn't taking them or not taking them right and that is how i wound up in the hospital, Susan did them every week about 4 or 5 weeks, and i am now doing them with her supervision and doing them well. She said soon I will be able to do them myself each week without her coming once a week. I took my sleeping med last night and slept from 7 pm or before and I slept until 3 am straight through and woke up then. I put Marty hamster in his ball an hour and at 4 am went back to bed until 7 am, So I am feeling rested now. I will take the medicine tonight. I will be going to bed later tonight than normal. I am going to stay up until 8 or 9 pm spending most of that time reading. I will be on my lot of course until I go to the doctor and after when I get home or after Susan if she comes close to the time I get home! I a planning my meals in advance now and decided I am having a baked potato and a salad for dinner and some corn on the cob that I will steam in my microwave steamer. Then Oreo cheesecake i bought from Burger King when my sister took me to Burger King and Arby's to get some sandwiches for me to get this week and freeze some for another time. I got six sandwiches in all and large order of cheese sticks. The Oreo cheesecake is going to be a good dessert. That is all for me. What do you plan to do today? Do you ever have a change of plans like I have with my driver to the doctor? What is for dinner today? Everybody remember to smile it is good for the health! Citation: Picture by Pixabay
Thanks my friend and, have a great day. I am going to make some BBQ pork chops later.
OOh, Those BBQ porch chops sound great! I don't cook with most meats except ground beef. I am not experienced enough to cook other meats! With the exception of those frozen Steak Umms. I hope you have a delicious meal tonight! I have my meal of baked potato and salad and oreo cheesecake which was divine!
@Marty1 Thank you my friend and, it's not hard to cook them really, just want to cook them slow. So, they are tender.
@TRBRocks420 I might buy some one day and have my home helper cook them as she cooks for me and makes delicious food!
Today I've been busy with Freedom's Cry, trying to get it taken care of so it can be published soon.
Good for you! Are you editing or proofreading it? I thought you were done writing it? Good luck with finishing it soon. Hope you get a lot of sales when the book is published! i am sure it will be a short time before it is published and it will become a best seller the first week it is published!
@Marty1 Now that is a nice thought. No, not editing or proofing, though I'm doing both of those as I'm having to revise the end of the book a little bit so I call it re-work because it's not really anything else. I've needed to make some necessary revisions to it. I'm also catching some typos I missed before, so in a huge way that's good it happened. I'll probably give it a good read through when I finish the revisions to make certain there aren't any other typos lurking among the pages.
@just4him I like editing something I wrote! I am trying to write a book but lost a long thing i wrote last year on the computer. I have never been able to duplicate what I wrote what I thought was pretty good again, but am going to keep trying!
@Nawsheen (22431)
• Mauritius
I had a good day today. I spent it at work with my colleagues and I had a nice dinner too. I will Mylot for some time and then I will go to bed
It certainly is late where you live. It is only 1 in the afternoon here! Happy you had such a good day today!
@Nawsheen (22431)
• Mauritius
@Marty1 Yes it is nearly 10 pm over here. lol
@Nawsheen That time is late for me at least! But may stay up to 9 pm tonight! I am getting wild in my middle ages!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm going to do paperwork at work and then head into my friend's preschool to sub for awhile. After that, I have a kid client, and then music practice! I guess you could say it's going to be a busy day here.
Those kids are so lucky as u are s good with kids. Hope you have a great day and enjoy music practice as i know that is your passion! are you playing anywhere soon or just a practice to keep your skills sharp? Hope all goes well today!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Marty1 We have a gig this weekend. The band leader calls it "rehearsal" because he's from a theater background. I prefer the word "practice."
@TheHorse I am happy you have a gig soon! You love it so much! Yes, rehearsal sounds like theater too much. I, too, prefer the word practice!! I never heard or read about anybody who called music practice a rehearsal
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, We occasionally have a change of plans. And it's aggravating to say the least. Sounds like you're getting enough sleep. What did your cardiologist say about your test. Hope it was good news.
As a matter of fact, my heart is not quite perfect but very close to it. Still, have high blood pressure, and only had one of my two meds increased in dose! The other med is to stay the same! So, it was a good visit, and I don't have to go back until January six months!
@RubyHawk (15017)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 That's good news. I'm so glad to hear it. Just continue to take good care of yourself.
@RubyHawk I am trying to take better care of myself. I am working on it!
No plans for today. Change of plans are common for me although I'm not really bothered by it. Not sure what is for dinner later but I have an awarding ceremony to attend to tonight so I guess it will be a fancy one.
Are you being served dinner at the awarding ceremony? I hope it is good as I always hear people joke about how awful the foods served are for those dinners? I hope you have a great time besides the food at the ceremony? (that is if the food is bad!)
@Marty1 yup. It will be held in a hotel that we frequently visit and the food is really good. I particularly like their dessert bar. After the awarding ceremony, it will be a night of booze, more booze, and some more booze!
@allen0187 Oh dear hope you are not too drunk after the ceremony! I think you will have a great meal if they have good food! Hope you eat lots of that food and enjoy it It will also help you not get drunk as fast with all that booze!
• Beijing, China
I had a bad day.ill seriously I went to the hospital and bought a lot of medicine. I wish you happy all the time, my friend
I am so sorry. I hope it starts to get better soon! I hope that medicine you bought starts to work soon
• Beijing, China
@Marty1 yeah,it will,thank you my friend,have a good time
@cancergirl I will have a good time as you suggested! Going to walk to the pharmacy to get some meds I need next week!
No idea what dinner is.
I Hope you ended up with a great dinner last night What did you eat for dinner yesterday? Did, you sleep well last night as you weren't sure because of your boyfriend visiting?? Hope you both had a refreshing sleep!
@Marty1 he probably slept better than me lol. I was up off and on. Hot. Had wendys last night
@Courtlynn Sorry he slept better, but maybe you will sleep better tonight. Wendy's is one of my favorite restaurants!
@Tracy04 (6508)
I agree! Smile is good for health!
Very true my friend! i try to smile daily even if i am depressed or sad! i want all my friends to smile! It helps so much
@Tracy04 (6508)
@Marty1 smile.... Though your heart is aching.... And I really forgot who sang that
@Tracy04 At least you knew the song in the first place. I never heard that song, so I can't tell you who sang it! It is a true statement. I read somewhere that when depressed or have an aching heart you can trick your self to feel better n smiling even if you don't feel like it and that will cause some happiness if you do it enough!
You seem very well organized. I have been working on an order all day, and just had time to pop in here for a few hours until bed.
I am not that organized as my cleaning service would attest to as they have to organize my room when they come every two weeks! And a few other rooms! LOL! i spent some time on here last night before bed also! But didn't stay on that long as I was sleeping a little after 9 pm last night! I slept through the night until my first alarm at 4 am! Hope you had a great sleep last night
@Marty1 Not really, the dog was barking too much.
@Kandae11 oh dear, I hope the dog doesn't bark as much tonight. I hope you sleep well tonight!
You know me.I am always smiling.
That is super you can smile all the time! Hope things stay that way, and you never stop smiling!
@Marty1 this is what keeps me going.
@amadeo good idea! It is great to be able to smile and really is good for the health. Keep smiling!
• Lakewood, Colorado
You are doing great Jennifer that you got rested so well. Good to hear this. Sorry Susan had an emergency but good your Uncle will take you. Not doing much today, already been out with paperwork very early. See you
Susan came over about 15 minutes after i got home! Yes it was sad she had an emergency, but she is proud i called my uncle and that I saw the doctor all by myself! She is proud of how well i am doing and how independent i am becoming! i feel so happy since she formed me that!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Marty1 Oh wow you are great to do so see the doctor all by yourself!!
@TiarasOceanView Thanks! I am so happy I was able to go into see the doctor myself! Susan is impressed with how much more independent I am becoming! She says I am doing very well lately. She said it a few times!
Dinner sounds good. Love potatoes. Haven't had corn on the cob in years.
I try to buy corn on the cob every time I go shopping in the summer! The store I buy it has them usually ten for 5 dollars.I usually just buy five as more than that I can not finish them before they spoil. I did buy 10n once with my sister who decided to buy (she w=thoguth she was buying, but i made her let me pay for them, so she got five for my nephew who loves them!
@Marty1 .....I quit buying it around here. Unless you go to the farmer's market all you get is cow feed. They are less than nothing.
Soon you will get the hang of doing those pills all by yourself. You really did get a good nights sleep, and the idea of taking the medicine later seems like a good one!!! Hugs and love to you and Marty!!!
Susan told me today she is impressed with how well I am doing and how independent i am becoming Soon i will be doing my meds by myself! She just wants me to have more confidence in myself doing them! I did pretty well and remembered to put an extra pill in as my dosage was doubled at the heart doctor before she came over! Marty and i send you and Molly tons of love and hugs!
We had the post office workers over, after Jay got home. They always order a pizza, so we had pizza, corn tortillas with salsa, and I drank some lemonade with my supper. The meeting was fun, because we didn't discuss those awful problems from their place of work! lol
Sounds yummy! I agree it was better than problems at work! I always read you shouldn't bring your work problems home with you! And so goes the same with your work in general! Glad you had such good food Sounds yummy! I love corn tortillas, but I use them with Cheese whiz as I am not the biggest fan of salsa but adore cheese whiz and any type of cheese! i had iced tea with my supper but have a huge container of lemonade to make as my sister got it for me from Sam's Club!
@bunnybon7 (30040)
• Holiday, Florida
hope you enjoy your meal and don't get too full like i did. i feel rather sick right now after a cheeseburger and fries daughter fixed. i ate way too much . it was too good.
Sorry, you feel so full. Sometimes those cheeseburgers and french fries are irresistible. I hope you don't feel like that still today. i can't make a decent hamburger as they fall apart in the pan so don't have that often.I did make fries last Friday along with chicken nuggets I didn't make them right though as I estimated time as both had such different time and temperature in the oven. Will make them right them next time.
It's fortunate that your uncle was available to take you. It sounds as if you are getting very organised.
Thank you for saying I am getting organized!!. I actually am trying to organize my house, and have a lot of things to toss in the trash to take out today! I am not quite organized yet!
@Jackalyn (4962)
• Oxford, England
You are exactly right to say smiling is good for you even if your plans change. Mine are low key as I am at home today and hoping to have it to myself. It sounds like you deal with a lot health wise so being able to smile even so is not only good for you, but brave.
I have my home helper coming to cook for me today from 10:30-11 am until noon, and after that, I am free, too today! I just plan to see the rest of the day with my hamster, Marty, as that makes me very happy! I hope you have a great day, too! I will work on my lot and do some reading. I decided to attempt the crossword puzzle in today's newspaper this evening! What are your plans for yourself today?
@KrauseHome (31782)
Well, just getting moving this morning. Having a bowl of Cereal and some eggs for breakfast, and then I am going to a Rock painting party and hanging out with some women I have not met yet. Should be fun.
That does sound like it should be a satisfying day!
It's funny, I was just talking to roomie. He said he is going to re schedule his doctor's appointment which he was supposed to have Thursday, because of the heat. He said with his luck his truck would break down and he could be stuck in the heat. Plus he had errands to do, and it would just be too hot to do them.