Are You A Good Host or Hostess?

@mandala100 (10184)
Hong Kong
Posting a discussion in myLot doesn't end there. It is merely the beginning of a potential social interaction. I say potential social interaction. Why? When we post something many possible things could happen: 1. A person may skip or not even read our post/discussion; 2. A person may like it; 3. A person may not only like it but comment on it; 4. A person may comment on the comment to your post/discussion In any of the instances in Nos. 2,3, and 4 social "interaction" within your post/discussion takes place. So, when we post/discuss something in myLot , our post/discussion is like our own home and opening it to everybody; and everyone who like, comment, comment to the comment etc. is like our guest and we treated them like our own most welcome guest... When we have a guest in our home we always prepared ourselves to be a host or hostess... we see to it that everyone is relax, comfortable and of good cheers... we don't make our guest feel themselves like an intruder... we makes our home guest-friendly...et cetera. And the same is true with regards to our post/discussion... Do you consider your post/discussion as an open home to everyone in myLot? Do you consider anyone liking, commenting, and commenting to the comment in your post/discussion a very welcome guest? Are you a good host or hostess with all your guest in your post/discussion? Thank you so much for reading this post/discussion and my home is all open to you...Welcome and Thanks again and I hope I could be a good host to you...
I certainly try my best when I'm at "home" lol!
@mandala100 (10184)
@DianneN I know that you are a good hostess my friend. Take care.
@mandala100 Thanks, Peter!
@mandala100 (10184)
@DianneN You are always welcome my friend.
I am thankful for every guest who visits me here, and I hope my hostess skills make guests feel welcome.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Corbin5 Yes you are such a good hostess my friend in myLot. Thank you for your comment and I'll see you later.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Corbin5 Thanks my friend.
@Freelanzer (5143)
I try my best to respond to all comments, and interact and visit those who visit me and not insult them. But I must say 90% of those I visit for the first time do not visit me, of course I never visit them again because obviously I am not welcome
@mandala100 (10184)
@Freelanzer Thanks for your comment my friend which is truly based on your personal experience. I can't really comprehend why some people don't want to "interact" with others. Well, that's his or her choice I guess. I'll see you later my friend.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I used to love being a good hostess when I had friends over to my house for dinner and drinks..that was long ago. Now I have my Lot and interact with every single person that comes to my house. Yes you are an excellent and kind and welcoming host Peter.
@mandala100 (10184)
@TiarasOceanView Thank you so much my friend and I'm still trying to be a good host my friend with all of your help and support here in myLot...Thanks and I'll see you later my friend.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@mandala100 Welcome as always Peter..I love coming to your discussions (house) haha I love the way you likened it. You are so right.
• Marion, Kansas
This is an interesting way to describe myLot and very true. I want to always be friendly and welcoming.
@mandala100 (10184)
@GardenGerty You are right my friend. myLot is the best place were you could meet good virtual friend. It may not be perfect but there's no substitute for it. All I can say is that myLot as I've said before is the "real thing in the virtual world!"
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I don't know about hosting a site and the guidelinea to what is needed to be done. One thing I know, Asians are hospitable.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Neittarquin Yes you are right my friend for every culture there's always the thing or concept of hospitality although each culture may be doing it in a different way of showing its own brand of hospitality.
I try as much as I can to be the best version of myself. I really like to communicate, to find out the others' opinions (both if they are the same or not as mine), to make new friends and learn something new every day. I really like to believe that I am a good hostess, but this is a conclusion of myself and the best one should be given by the readers of my posts.
@mandala100 (10184)
@ManoleAlexandra That's a very good thoughts or thinking my friend as guide on how we carry ourself here in myLot. Thank you for your views.
@shikharava (1786)
Seriously, I dunno, my friend! It would be better if you tell me if I'm a good hostess or not. And by the way you're never a guest to my discussions, you're already part of the family...
@mandala100 (10184)
@shikharava Thank you my friend and the feeling here is mutual on my end. Yes you are a good hostess of course my friend!
@dpk262006 (51652)
When I start a post, I expect my friends here to read and respond. When they respond I make sure that I post my comments on their responses. I love to interact and carry along the conversation with my friends, as far as possible. My friends could better tell whether I am a good host for them.
@mandala100 (10184)
@dpk262006 That's absolutely true my friend. And it's always a good practice to always interact with others especially those new comers in mylot my friend.
@dpk262006 (51652)
@mandala100 Thanks. I try to interact with everyone whether new or old here.
@mandala100 (10184)
@dpk262006 That's the right thing to do for every one of us here in myLot.
@ridingbet (30290)
i think i am somewhat like that, because i do like to comment back or respond to those who comment on my discussions.
@mandala100 (10184)
@ridingbet Yes you are a good hostess my friend and you always interact with others in myLot.
@ridingbet (30290)
@mandala100 yes, but when the response of a comment is already answerable with an emoji depicting approval, then, i think it is already time to jump on to the next discussions.
@mandala100 (10184)
@ridingbet That's maybe correct my friend.
@Nawsheen (22039)
• Mauritius
I rarely post a discussion and treat all my guests well. I try to promptly answer all the comments I receive and also visit the home of some who visited mine. Lol
@mandala100 (10184)
@Nawsheen Yes you are my friend. And that's a good way of reciprocating other myLotters effort to give importance to your post/discussion.
@Nawsheen (22039)
• Mauritius
@mandala100 I agree
@mandala100 (10184)
@Nawsheen Thank you my friend and I'll see you around.
Youo kow I ghave felt like that what a lovely discussion and itt makes suich great sense y ou are a po sitive person which i s great I love the way you consider mylot and us my lotters
@mandala100 (10184)
@Hatley Thank you so much my friend...all of you are my virtual friend...we may not know each other but we can relate and connect with each other and we always felt something down deep inside that something is right in a given post/discussion...I'll see you later and wait for your "meal post": morning, lunch and dinner.
@mandala100 thanks m ylot and my mylot fiends are the best lol
@mandala100 (10184)
@Hatley I absolutely agree with you my friend.
Good post. I feel great when I visit my "home" and find a party going in full swing, sometimes I join in, sometimes I don't.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Kandae11 Let's start the ball rolling my friend! Do you want Rock n' Roll, Tango, Cha-Cha, Swing or Disco...or any modern dance...come on in and step right up my friend. It's always good to hear from you my friend.
Peter, what I want to say is that I really truly loved your post. I found it to be very very interesting and a great topic and great explanation. I have found that there are people here on My Lot that do go out of their way to welcome one here and help them in any way they can. I try to be a decent person and decent host. I think in my home I try to make the person feel at home here as best I can. I may forget my manners and other times I feel i more that make up for it by offering them something to drink and making sure if they are allergic to my cat that she does not come into the room where we are working. I feel bad leaving her out and know this is her home too, but, I also have to consider the person that comes here too. I try my best.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Hannihar That's a very good and warm thoughts you have there my friend. You are also right on your observation about other people in myLot. Yes you are a good host yourself.
@mandala100 Peter, thanks, but, I would say you are better with your sunny disposition.
@mandala100 (10184)
@Hannihar Well, thank you for that my friend and the same as your disposition my friend.
• Reading, England
Are you a good host or hostess with all your guest in your post/discussion? I don't know, I hope I am but best people to ask is anyone I have ever hosted in the past
@mandala100 (10184)
@agarrett5 I keep on trying my friend. And how are you doing today?
• Reading, England
@mandala100 Workign 7am - 7pm, otherwise doing fantastic!
• Reading, England
@mandala100 how are you?
@valmnz (12434)
• New Zealand
yes, I like that idea of being a hostess. It does take time, but it's worth it!
@mandala100 (10184)
@valmnz Thank you my friend for your comment. How's New Zealand today?
@valmnz (12434)
• New Zealand
@mandala100 warmer than it has been for the last week. Drier too!
@mandala100 (10184)
@valmnz Ok thank you for that my friend.
I never thought of it that way, but it is. I do try to make everyone feel welcome to my post/home.
@mandala100 (10184)
@just4him That's so very good to hear my friend and I hope again that you'll be able to complete the re-working of your book just right on time.
@mandala100 Thank you.
@mandala100 (10184)
@just4him You are so welcome my friend.
@ShifaLk (7249)
Great way to make others understand.....
@mandala100 (10184)
@ShifaLk Thank you my friend and how are you doing today?
@SAM774 (1710)
i try to be good ...
@mandala100 (10184)
@SAM774 That's so good to hear my friend.
@deorahul (131)
Nowadays I am quite busy still I am trying to enter in others home.I would like to know this by others whether I am a good host or not.For me everyone here is like my family members.
@mandala100 (10184)
@deorahul Wow! That's so nice to hear from you my friend.