A quiet evening

My husband is working late because he will be out of the office tomorrow. He has to go to DC which is an all day affair. It is just the cat crew and me. They are all sleeping in various places in the front room. The parrot is back in her cage chowing down on the cooked food mix that I made for her last night. I finished the sesame-spiced turkey meatballs and smashed chickpea salad. All I have to do is make the rice which takes 4 minutes in the Instant Pot and steam the spinach which is 5 minutes in the microwave. Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes whenever I decide that I want it. I finally turned the Toby Keith channel from Pandora on via my Amazon Echo ("Alexa") just to have some noise in the house other than the window AC units. It was TOO quiet!
Sometimes the quiet is nice, sometimes not. I usually don't have anything on except my brain. That can be quite noisy at times.
I've learned over the past couple of years to keep my brain turned off when I'm not at work. My anxiety caused panic attacks and extremely high and dangerous blood pressure levels. (200/100) I'm on good medications now and have learned to just let it all go.
@NJChicaa I have trouble turning my brain off. That's really high blood pressure. I'm on BP med as well and it's doing good.
@just4him I was on 4 BP meds at one point but now I'm down to just 2. I really only need 1 but the 2nd is also for heart palpitations so I need it for that, not necessarily to lower my BP. I was just at the cardio last week and on just the 1 med my BP was like 104/72. All of my work at the gym is paying off in that regard. I just hope it doesn't go too low now that I'm back on the 2nd one for the palpitations.
You should play some AC/DC units, they're noisy...
So I've heard!
@mandala100 (43653)
@NJChicaa Hey my friend does a parrot eat a lot? And is it hard and expensive to maintain a parrot? Thank you.
Yes, the larger ones eat a lot. They eat fresh foods as well as a dry mix and nuts. The big expense, though, is the toys. They destroy them pretty quickly which, of course, is the whole point. Even if you adopt a parrot for a reasonable price from a rescue like I did, they are very expensive pets to maintain over the long term. They make a mess every day and can be very loud. (mine isn't) They aren't good pets for everyone.
@mandala100 (43653)
@NJChicaa Ok my friend thank so much for this very interesting information about parrot as pet.
@alberello75 (17583)
• Genova, Italy
In the evening for me, it is always "stormy" for the presence of my brother! We are one of those innumerable cases that brothers do not get along! However, I will try from now on to be more reasonable
That's a shame. My sister and I are best friends.
@alberello75 (17583)
• Genova, Italy
@NJChicaa Very good for you
Its not quiet here often and when it is I love it.
My husband works long hours and we have no children (which is good!), so I am always alone in the house with just the cats and the parrot. I enjoy the silence when I am trying to nap but when I'm awake and doing stuff, eventually it creeps me out.
I am watching baby boss on the fire stick. I think Pandora is awesome.
Me too. I listen to it in my car too so I don't have to listen to the crappy radio stations.
Nice. Sounds like a good day. Is it a gazillion degrees there too?!
82 here at the moment but it is going up to 90-something for the next several days so I'm just keeping the windows shut and leaving the AC units on for tonight.
@suziecat7 (3399)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I love Alexa too. :)) Your meatballs sound delicious.
Alexa is my girl!
You love that old Echo thing don't you Chicaa I bet it was so quiet you could hear the parrot munching too..I know that sound haha
I love Alexa!
Another chick pea recipe I know nothing about. Can you tell me how you do it?
Every home cook needs a few meatball recipes in their arsenal. While I love traditional turkey meatballs with red sauce, Smitten Kitchen's mediterranean version has taken over the top spot. These nuggets of turkey are combined with sesame seed and spices t
Enjoy a quiet evening with your crew.
Husband came home and went straight to bed in preparation for his 3:30am wakeup call. So it is still just me and the cats!
Tobey keith is awesome!
@Tracy04 (10877)
You have cats and parrot in house. Doesn't the cat wants to eat the parrot? Because I have seen domestic cats here eats birds