Elementary

@tallawah (7370)
Kingston, Jamaica
Elementary As with Sherlock, this show is an updated Sherlock Holmes, only this one is set in New York city and his Dr. Watson is female; she is Jane. One should never watch Sherlock and Elementary within two months of each other, because Sherlock so overwhelms Elementary and cheapens it. Watching it some time after ceasing to watch Sherlock, allowing Johnny Lee Miller’s portray to go without comparison, is the wise course. This show gets better with each episode. Although this Sherlock is rather unattractive and discomforting, the plots and acting is quite good and one will begin to enjoy the show. Jane Watson has a lot of depth and gets a lot of the focus as do the co-stars who play the police.
@Tracy04 (10671)
I have seen the woman in that picture. An actress in some tv series.
@tallawah (7370)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Lucy Liu, she's been in a number of movies and programs. BTW... Johnny Lee Miller, who plays Sherlock was married to Angelina Jolie for about 18 months... he was her first husband.
@Tracy04 (10671)
@tallawah Ah yes! Now you said the name, I remember now. Lucy Liu, one of the Charlie's Angel
@tallawah (7370)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Tracy04 Yes... and she's quite good
@Deepizzaguy (7627)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is evident that the entertainment industry cannot come up with new and original characters to put on television.
@tallawah (7370)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Yes, in a way, but the character of Sherlock still has interest
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@tallawah That is true but maybe being at my age of 56 years I am getting burned out by the same old characters.
@tallawah (7370)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Deepizzaguy I was fascinated by Sherlock Holmes when I read the stories. I never related to the various movies or shows about him. Moving him to N.Y.C. and having new plots makes the show rather fresh.
I used to watch Elementary because I like Lucy Liu.
@tallawah (7370)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I like her very much too