Instructions for a heatwave

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
When I saw this book in the library last week I thought the title was appropriate because we have been having a lot of hot weather here in the UK over the last few weeks. So I thought I would borrow it and read it while sitting outside in a deckchair. The story takes place in 1976 when there was a heatwave so bad that water had to be rationed. The book is about a fictional family whose father goes missing one day. While they are trying to find him, several family secrets are uncovered. I enjoyed this book because the characters were interesting and were not unlike real people in the real world.
@bellatt (66)
I would like to read this book too. Its sounds really interesting with lots of family secrets.I live in Michigan so there have been hot days here this summer. Most of the time the hot or heatwave days in August. The humidity is really bad in that month where its better to be under the air conditioning.
@millie02 (6908)
I hope you enjoy this book if you can find it. What sort of books do you read.
@dollaboy (6245)
Sounds Interesting fella
@millie02 (6908)
I found it interesting, it is one of those books that is hard to put down.
@mandala100 (35901)
@millie02 That's book seems to be an interesting and good read my friend.
@Tracy04 (10575)
Heatwave
@RubyHawk (21698)
• Atlanta, Georgia
. I've just finished the book about serial killer Danny Rollings killing spree in Gainesville Florida. Horrible but interesting.
I have never read that one but it sure would be appropriate with the weather coming in the next 40 hours !
I do remember that heatwave that year. It was pretty bad here too in Toronto.
Sounds like an intriguing mystery plot.