the painfully shy thunderstorm

We have just had a thunderstorm. It wasn't anything spectacular; more of a damp squib really. Oh, except for that rather loud BOOM!!! overhead, which caught me unawares when I prematurely thought the storm had travelled onto pastures new. She snuck in, slowly and quietly. Faint rumbles in the distance and a few bursts of light heralding her arrival. Then came the rain. Lashings and lashings. I stood at the glass doors hoping for a flash of lightning which revealed an evil murderer wielding an axe, but I don't exist in a horror film so I was left mightily disappointed. Then our painfully shy friend snuck away again, taking her rumbles {It's okay, it's just God moving his furniture around, my Mumma told me when I was little. Like a fool, I believed her,} her rubbish disco lights and her raindrops with her. And now I can sleep soundly, safe in my cosy dry bed.
Beautiful the way you had described this storm. Photo is lovely..bless Mumma too
Mum's are fabulous. They are so wise! :)
@Poppylicious Yes they are indeed @Poppylicious
@Lucky15 (33698)
we were told on God having some time off and choose to go on bowling :)
I like that one!
@Gillygirl (17372)
• Sutton, England
That boom woke me up. I was also told thunder was God moving furniture around.
I need to remember to tell my niece something weird and wonderful about thunder! I don't think she knows who or what God is, so I need to think of something else!
Beautiful photo, the storm passed over our heads without even one rumble. I have no hope for tonight, but may be tomorrow.
Thank you, the photo is from last year. The sky was just depressingly grey when the storm came along!
@Poppylicious The sky can be beautiful even when it is dark grey. I am hoping in a little rain, I do not want to go out and water the garden.
@rona07 (1662)
We had one last night. Woke me up. And a very heavy rain. I dont look at the window if theres lightning tho. Im a scaredy cat when it comes to thunderstorm..
I have always been far more wary of thunder than lightning, even after I realised that it was the lightning which could cause the damage. Very bizarre.
• Rochester, New York
We had an obnoxious thunderstorm here a few days ago. My dog was flipping out and kept me up all night.
Lolz ... obnoxious! Pesky storm. My cats were fine. And then there was another storm which awoke me in the early hours of the following morning, and they slept through that one as well, as did Husband. *sigh*
@Tracy04 (10815)
That picture of thunderstorms are certainly not shy at all lol.