The Aladdin casting controversy

@Deepizzaguy (11505)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am just wondering when will the squeaky wheels gang will get the message that their speaking up on the remakes of classic Disney animated movie like "Beauty And The Beast" and "Aladdin" will backfire on them? The latest controversy is the casting of Will Smith as the voice of The Genie, actress Naomi Scott (Power Rangers) as Jasmine and actor Mena Massoud as Aladdin for not being "Arabic enough." Come on give me a break that the powers that be at Disney have hired an actor from Egypt but raised in Canada (Massoud) and an actress from England (Scott) may not look like the characters of the animated movie but if the story is close to the original cartoon, the movie will be a hit in the theaters since the old saying "Bad publicity is good publicity." is true for Disney.
@sabtraversa (12620)
With the right costumes and make up, implied the actors will be good at acting, I see no problem at all. It would be also okay for me to see Will Smith with blue paint instead of just hearing his voice.
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am just saying what is the big deal? The studio can only hire the actors on the their wish list.
@sabtraversa (12620)
@Deepizzaguy Exactly. And as you said, that's free publicity. Choosing "the right actors" as they pretended would have also been too obvious perhaps.
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@sabtraversa Disney studios searched everywhere to find the actor to play Aladdin and Jasmine who were of Arab or Indian ancestry but no dice.
They never stop whining and don't believe they will ever get the message George.
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is the difference the whiners and myself. I write satires of the movies with some Wordgirl and her crew the Lexicon Bandits (Donna, Debi Isthmus and Panama Squirrel) to add some old school humor to the stories.
@Tracy04 (10575)
Wow did Aladdin cause controversy? Wow.
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Because one of the actor is Canadian and one actress is from England. The complaint is that the actors are not Arabic or Indian.
@Tracy04 (10575)
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Tracy04 What is the big deal since the actress who played former figure skater Tai Babilonia of the 1980 Winter Olympics fame is Black and Tai is White.
Good grief. That's all I can say.
@Deepizzaguy (11505)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is what I am saying. If they do not like the movie because of the stars, then do not see it. It works for me that I do not watch Robert Downey Junior movies since in my opinion he thinks his nuggets do not smell just because I tweeted to Yahoo Movies he is overrated and his Iron Man movie stunk worse than low tide in the Panama Canal.