At My Age, I am Surprised I Liked It

What I am talking about is the music of KoKoi Baldo , the local celebrity who became famous by joining the Philippines’ The Voice Season 2. His music were loud yet upbeat since mostly are Reggai. The company hired him to perform for the 8th anniversary of the mall we manage. The people were mostly from ages 20 to early 40’s . But despite that, some of us in our 50’s really enjoyed the loud music too. Especially when he sang “Kapayapaan” which means peace, which is a very popular song here in the Philippines, the crowd were really singing and dancing to that and even went near the stage. The bands who played also before him, since he came out to sing at 10:00 in the evening already, also played loud and upbeat songs. Hubby, me and my officemates enjoyed all their music. We can’t help dancing to their music too. Would you enjoy this kind of music too?
@Sreekala (22720)
I like to enjoy music. But I can't dance with music for sure, lol
@vandana7 (63661)
Sure you can...try dancing with kids...they won't make fun of you...
@Sreekala (22720)
@vandana7 But she is telling about a public gathering.
@vandana7 (63661)
@Sreekala ..True...but that confidence comes once you are sure you can do it right at home...and contrary to popular belief, nobody is watching your feet when you are dancing out there, unless you want to be the star of the evening.
@vandana7 (63661)
I like classical music...waltz type...and some raunchy numbers as well...lucky me, my father is not somebody who will say don't sing that song ..(unless there are guests at home). So I get away with singing songs like Beedi, chittiya kaliyaan ve, which honestly are odd numbers for somebody around my age. I have no shame in saying I like some modern music too, but rap is simply no no for me.
So you too , like classical music. I like it too as well as jazz and other genre. I like listening to them especially at night to make me sleepy. I also get to sing songs on videoke although they are the upbeat ones so singing out of tune in some parts won't be noticeable. Yes, I too like modern music. It makes me dance even in my seat. Really , you don't like rap. I like it especially Where Is The Love.
I think I would enjoy that music and would have a good time.
I think you too feel the same way as me when you hear that kind of music- feeling young.
I love all music except rap. My husband and I have been to many concerts and sang and danced, too.
Isn't it a good music to be able to go to concerts where you get to sing and dance along with the music being sang on stage by the singer. Though, unlike you, I like music especially if the accompanying music is one that is nice.
@SIMPLYD I rarely heard nice rap music, but I still wouldn't care for it. It's not my thing. I love classical music the most.
@DianneN Yes, me too and also Jazz.
@prashu228 (25820)
I would like to listen to that song if possible with translation...
Most international music is in English. I suppose they need not be translated anymore.
@prashu228 (25820)
@SIMPLYD oh okay I thought it's in your regional language, after seeing the name. I will check it.
@prashu228 Oh, so you mean the songs of KoKoi Baldo. Most of his songs are in Pilipino, our national language indeed.
May be I would enjoy the music, but absolutely NOT loud. i cannot stand loud music, I never did even when I was young.
Really, even when you were young you don't like loud music. Me, I like loud music but not as loud as those hard metal rock music.
@SIMPLYD No kind of loud noises, they give me headaches and palpitations.
@LadyDuck I understand.
@Tracy04 (10527)
Wow!
Do you like this kind of music too, Reggai , a milder version of rock music, in my perception.
@mandala100 (39279)
@SIMPLYD Yes my friend. It has a different beat from the usual sounds.
@mandala100 (39279)
@SIMPLYD I always love Reggae especially that of Bob Marley my friend.
Honestly, I don't know what are the songs of Bob Marley. So, actually, I didn't know what type of music Reggae is until this concert. I was surprised that it is a genre of music that I like.
Sounds like music for all ages. I think I would enjoy this music too.
Yes, I am sure you would like it too. It's upbeat music that can make one move her hips to dance.
@thelme55 (14337)
Oh yes, I would be enjoying that music and maybe dance, too.
We can't help dancing when we hear an upbeat and nice music.
@MGjhaud (20742)
Reggae's one of my favorite genre too. I've met a few musicians in Cebu and they're good.
Really, you met a few good musicians in Cebu. Wow, that is nice. Actually, I don't know what Reggai music is. But when I heard them, it's actually one of that upbeat music that I so like.
I like reggae when I hear it but I dont know of any artists besides Marley. I will check this out.
I actually don't know that some music I like are Reggae until I heard the artist sang them on the stage. All I know is Like upbeat music too along with some genre.
@velvet53 (16347)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am sure that I would enjoy their music too.
I am sure you would also. They are happy music that can make you sway or beat the table to go along the music.
@velvet53 (16347)
• Palisade, Colorado
@SIMPLYD That is my kind of music.
@velvet53 Nice to hear that because it's one kind of music I like too.
@RubyHawk (23322)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I would enjoy it. I like rhythm Anything that gets you out of your seat
And I suppose you are a disco goer or a dancer in those dances when you were younger.
@RubyHawk (23322)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@SIMPLYD I loved disco. I was sorry to see it go.
@RubyHawk Yes, me too. I miss it actually.
If I am in that event, I will join the dancing and enjoy the music.lol
I am sure you will, just like the rest of the people there. They went below the stage and listen to the music while dancing. I too, moved my body to the music while standing in our side of the table. Hubby kept himself just seated. He is too shy to dance. Me no.
@SIMPLYD Z I am not kill joy in times like this. I can follow the moves even if I don't dance well.lol
@Shavkat Me too! But my husband is killjoy though. He is just seated.
Both Reggae and Soca are Caribbean beats - so people of all ages here enjoy them.
Soca? I think I haven't heard of that genre of music. Or maybe I have heard it and liked it, but I just don't know it's of that genre. Carribean beats are one of those music that can really make us dance.
@SIMPLYD Calypso music which is popular in Trinidad and Tobago, sort of evolved into soca - well the beat at least. It is played a lot during carnival time.
@Kandae11 Knowing that it is played a lot during carnival time , means it is an upbeat music. A happy music.
@renicemae (3239)
Yes I do enjoy loud music. I also like Kokoi. He's a great singer.
So you too like Kokoi. He is indeed a great singer. So down to earth and very patriotic too.
@renicemae (3239)
@SIMPLYD Yup, he's my bet during the "The Voice" competition
@renicemae He is one of my bets too.
@MarymargII (9581)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes I would love it too if if was a tune or song I like and still do and I'm older - We still hold on to all those songs and rhythms we always loved I guess.
Yes, I absolutely agree. In fact, one dance upbeat tune from long ago - I Love The Night Life is my cell phone's ringtone.
• Toronto, Ontario
@SIMPLYD that's a good and happy song/tune and I love it myself.
@Yadah04 (3025)
i believe music knows no age. i love music from the 60's, yet i was born in the 80's. my little one, aged 7, loves carpenters and platters. anyway, i like reggai too. something to dance for.
True. Music knows no age. I suppose since you were born in the 80's you haven't gone disco dancing yet during those times. It was the years of disco. Those were very happy days for me because we always go discoing.
@Yadah04 (3025)
@SIMPLYD i see.
@jobelbojel (6906)
I like him when he joined the talent search show. It must be a jampacked venue!
Yes, me too. It wasn't much jampacked. That's good because the dance floor was used to the max.
@SIMPLYD did you invite outsiders or exclusive to the company?
@jobelbojel We sold tickets for the concert. The employees have the complimentary pass but for our family members, we buy tickets.