Do you tolerate when a person is late?

life, problems, relationship, time, appointment
Petropolis, Brazil
Well, this is a complicated situation. When I say it is complicated, it is because there will be a group defending the "causes" of making that person being late, making the "late situation" legit, and others who will defend the person who is waiting, because this person made everything to be there on time. Do you think you can tolerate people being late on you? If so, how long would you wait? If not, what do you do?
@shikharava (1851)
Yeah, I can tolerate. Meanwhile i do explore the surrounding...so no problem in waiting a little longer and probably a bit more..
• Petropolis, Brazil
As they say "patience is a virtue"! For me, waiting is not! =)
@raqchicc (166)
Not Really, because I'm a pretty latecomer myself but if it's emergency, I'll be pissed off
• Petropolis, Brazil
I don't mind people being up to an hour later as long as they say they're goijg to be latee
• Petropolis, Brazil
And many just don't do, even having cell phones with them. But it is a possibility!
If it happens through no fault of the person, it could be overlooked, but if he or she makes it a practice - then it would be a different matter.
Lateness is a pet peeve of mine. I don't tolerate it. No excuse.
• Petropolis, Brazil
We are two in this boat @JohnRoberts!
@mandala100 (50408)
@manandezo I am very demanding to myself when it comes to time or appointment and I expect others to do the same. I usually comes early at least 30 mins or 15 mins before the appointed time.
• Petropolis, Brazil
That is what I do as well. I always come earlier than expected, so why people can't do that as well?
@mandala100 (50408)
@manandezo Maybe out of laziness or not sensitive enough to other people's time.
• Petropolis, Brazil
@mandala100 Very much true!
@Tracy04 (10815)
If the reason is good enough, then I might. Some responsible people will tell if they cannot make it on time. Some. But some also purposely come late.... Nah, I don't tolerate too. One of my piano student always come on time or early, once they have sudden family emergency and need to come late. I drag her time. One more of mine he always late when I have ask to come early. I ask why come late? "Sleep late, wake up late" geez. And always come late, show innocent faces, not practice. I don't drag his time. He ask why, well, I also show my innocent face saying "why should I?"
• Petropolis, Brazil
And you are right! Why should we agree and understand a person that is ALWAYS late? I really don't understand this, and the more we tell the person not to do it, they do even more and they don't care. Argh!
@Tracy04 (10815)
@manandezo yup! I really don't like when he becomes a crybaby when I asked "why you not practice your piece?"
I let them know in no uncertain terms of my frustration for them being late.
• Petropolis, Brazil
And they must know it, for sure!
@renicemae (3558)
It depends on the situation or the reason of his/her being late. It's okay being late at times but if a person is late as always then he/she has a problem.
• Petropolis, Brazil
That is it @renicemae!
Essentially no. Unless its a one time thing
• Petropolis, Brazil
I don't mind if someone lets me know. I do not like it though when I wake up early expecting someone and then they are late. That annoys me and happens a lot with my babysitting clients.
• Petropolis, Brazil
I know what you mean, @LovingMyBabies. That is why I don't tolerate it at all. People get used when you tolerate once and twice, and it gets to be the rule to them. When I have an appointment, I wait for 10 minutes, and that is all. =)
I understand what you are saying. I do not like to have to wait for a person that comes late to a meeting or to meet me for some reason, but, I do do it. I wait a certain amount of time if it is outside. If it is in my home then I am here and if the person comes late they do it.