What Household Chore Is A Challenge For You?

@thelme55 (14337)
Germany
Good morning fellow Mylotters! It is a bright and sunny day here in my place. I heard from the radio that it will be 30°C today. I could feel the hotness of the weather now. I am so sorry if I have not interacted with you these past few days. I was busy working at home. Cleaning the house, washing the clothes and curtains and doing the most unliked household chores that I have which is cleaning our glass windows. I don't like cleaning windows and it is a challenge for me every time I do that. I have been here on Mylot when I was about to go to bed only for half an hour. Well, I am going to work in an hour and maybe I don't have many clients that I can interact with you more than these last few days. Anyway, I hope I have not miss something and that you are all in good health. The photo above is my terrace in my home country Philippines. Take care all of you. Ciao!
I too have been busy since last Friday. But I managed to be here yesterday. Sometimes, I forgo of cleaning to do myLotting on my lazy days.
@Yadah04 (3025)
You are not alone on that, do not feel guilty.
@Yadah04 I know, my friend because I have read some posts that they are like that just so they can myLot.
@thelme55 (14337)
Yes @SIMPLYD I can relate to that. When I start being online., it's hard for me to stop. So I made it a habit of drinking tea every hour and every time I do it, I see to it that I accomplished a house work .
You have a very beautiful home in Phillippines I think the most challenging housework for me is cleaning the house. As I need a few days to finish it and it is so tiring.
@thelme55 (14337)
Thank you @youless. Maybe your house is too big. I only need 2 hours to clean our flat here in Germany. In the Philippines, I have a help to do what I don't like to.
@thelme55 My house is not big but it is messy and I like everything in a good order. This is why I have to spend longer time.
@prashu228 (25820)
Laundry and washing dishes..is the biggest , toughest..than anything..
@thelme55 (14337)
Washing clothes by hands is tough. I don't like that, too @prashu228.
@prashu228 (25820)
@thelme55 I wash it in washing machine , but still don't like it
@thelme55 (14337)
@prashu228 I see. You reminded me of washing the clothes tomorrow in the washing machine. I have bought new clothes and I have to wash them before putting them on.
I won't do the bathrooms. But will do everything else.
@thelme55 (14337)
I only clean the bathroom once a week @Courtlynn.
@thelme55 my mom does ours once a month (shower and toilet). Sink and floor is when needed
@RubyHawk (23231)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You have a beautiful terrace. Sounds like what I call spring cleaning. In early spring I usually clean windows and curtains, clean cabinets and put in new lining paper, rearrange pots an pans and generally tear everything apart and put it back together. My better hates to see me cleaning.
@thelme55 (14337)
I have not done spring cleaning this year as I was not in my Germany home for 10 months @RubyHawk. I was in my Philippines home. So the curtains were so dusty. Thanks
@RubyHawk (23231)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@thelme55 Do you spend time in each home every year?
@RubyHawk (23231)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@thelme55 I'm so sorry about your dad.
@ridingbet (49680)
when i did not know i have a heart ailment, i can do almost all difficult household chores; however, when i knew i had RHD, i had to do light work at home now.
@thelme55 (14337)
Yes, you have to take care of yourself @ridingbet
I do not like washing the dishes. I can do it but if it was up to me, I'd have someone else do it.
@thelme55 (14337)
I think washing dishes is one of the most hated chore at all @allen0187.
@thelme55 really? Then, I'm not wrong for not liking it!
@thelme55 (14337)
@allen0187 no you were not. I also hate washing the dishes but only when I came from work tired but I have to do it.
Cleaning the dang inside of the oven..oh my, I hate it. I wish I had the self cleaning one.
@thelme55 (14337)
Oh My! How can I forget that @TiarasOceanView. I love baking but I don't like cleaning the oven. Sometimes, my hubby do this for me
@thelme55 He is so good Thelma to do so! It really is hard to do at times.
@thelme55 (14337)
@TiarasOceanView yes, he is. He even helped me today to clean the huge living room window that we have while I put the curtains in the washing machine. That is what I called partnership
@YrNemo (11747)
Very pretty pots and verandah wall there. Re: household chore, I don't care for dusting or vacumning (among other tasks ).
@thelme55 (14337)
Thank you @YrNemo. Who will do the household chores in your house?
@YrNemo (11747)
@thelme55 no one else but the poor me...
@thelme55 (14337)
@YrNemo I see. At least we can exercise ourselves doing our household chores
I would have to say doing dishes is my most hated chore, though it might be dusting since I do that even less. I need to get busy and get all my house chores done. Very nice picture.
@thelme55 (14337)
Doing the dishes is the most hated chore we do at home @just4him. I don't like dusting as well because of my dust allergy but I have to do it. I just use a mask.
@thelme55 A mask is a good idea.
@thelme55 (14337)
@just4him yes, it is.
@Yadah04 (3025)
I hate washing the dishes. It is not the difficulty of the task though, but rather the frequency of the chore. By the way, that terrace just looks so good to spend an afternoon with.
@thelme55 (14337)
I am with you @Yadah04. It's annoying to wash the dishes 3 times a day. Yes, it is indeed. I usually sit at the terrace when I am there. Watching the birds and butterflies flying around from plant to plant. Thanks.
@Yadah04 (3025)
@thelme55 exactly. Washing 3x a day with all those dishes is just tiresome, like a never ending task. But anyway, it is still great to be able to have a terrace watching butterflies. Stress reliever. Only prob is i do not have a terrace like your but i do have a vegetable garden and i can just sit there all day feeling destressed as well.
@thelme55 (14337)
@Yadah04 yes. It is indeed tiresome.A beautiful veggie garden is what I wish for.
• Portland, Connecticut
I hate all housework, I should have been born rich so I can afford help lol
@thelme55 (14337)
So true @BelleStarr. That is what I have wished sometimes. To be born rich. Maybe after this Life?
• Portland, Connecticut
Your photo is so beautiful and tropical. I love it! Here, we hire window washers and have a cleaning lady. I just keep up between their visits. I don't like the time it takes to fold laundry, which is a never ending job here.
@thelme55 (14337)
Thank you @DianneN. I love that, too. I could have asked the woman who cleans the outside floors in the building where we live. All neighbors pay her for doing that. I am sure she would be glad to accept the window cleaning job but you see, I am too stingy to pay for a window cleaning job. Anyway, it is not often.
@thelme55 I would rather pay her to do the floors outside. They are a nuisance to do, especially when it's hot. I do them when we first arrive in Florida, but it is difficult once the furniture is placed on it. Windows are more of a squirt and a wipe. lol
what a lovely view! hmmm, household chore that challenges me? anythin' requirin' the use 'f a ladder. if'n i get higher'n 2 rungs these days, the world flips 'pside down.
@thelme55 (14337)
Thank you @crazyhorseladycx. The view from my terrace is my garden. Yes, ladder for cleaning the upper part of the cupboard.
@thelme55 yer welcome :)
I also hate cleaning the windows, the window glasses look fine and clean and as soon as you are in the right angle you see strikes. I hate this.
@thelme55 (14337)
That is what I meant @LadyDuck. The window was really clean but then the stripes were there.
@thelme55 I hate when it happens, it's the same when I wash the car.
I don't like washing my clothes. It takes time for me to do it.
@thelme55 (14337)
Me, too but I have no choice when I am here in Germany .
@thelme55 I agree. It is different if living overseas.
i have no problem washing dishes but getting the dishes putting away is the hardest part and same with laundry as I like to do it but have a problem getting it put away!
@thelme55 (14337)
Hmm! This is the first time I heard of not liking to put away the washed dishes to the cupboards. I would mind washing than putting away the dishes. Thanks for your answer @Marty1.
@thelme55 know i am weird, But I actually love doing the washing of dishes! have to put them away when the drink gets to full of clean dishes!I am getting better with laundry as i washed one load on Sunday and put them all away! I also love these washing and drying part!
@kepweng (13227)
im lazy to clean the bathroom the toilet bowl makes me vomit can you clean the toilet bowl without the mask?
@thelme55 (14337)
Yes, of course, I can. It is my toilet and bathroom. I keep it clean. I can even eat there if I want to @kepweng.
@annierose (17692)
The most challenging household chore for me is cooking. I don't know how can I cook a perfect or even an agreeable meal. Haha! The last time I did that, it turned out to be a disaster.
@thelme55 (14337)
I love cooking but it is always a challenge for me to fry a steak which turns to be too tender for my hubby. He is the better steak fryer than me.
@acelawrites (10931)
yes, it could be very tiring to clean glass windows. I do not like it too!
@thelme55 (14337)
Thanks that I am not alone @acelawrites