Only cash will be accepted as a tip?

tip
Guangzhou, China
Paying the tips for the service is a custom in some countries. In my country this is not our custom. So sometimes I will have a question about it. Here it is much more popular to pay without cash. In the past people liked to pay by credit card, now they like to pay by mobile phone. Even I can pay by my mobile phone in the market. Namely it is not necessary for me to bring cash outside. Now I wonder if it is also a trend overseas, then how can I pay for the tip by cash? Or I must keep a little cash with me so that I can pay for the tip after I pay for the bill with credit card or mobile phone? Or I shall ask the waiter for her Paypal so that I can transfer the tip to her?
@thelme55 (11552)
I would give a tip for a good service. I am happy when I got tips from my clients as I save them for my next travel .
It is very kind of you.
Here, you pay in cash when it comes to tips. Anyway, tips are not that big so a little cash would do.
Now I feel nice to go to the market without bringing my wallet
@nomus24g (16087)
I am strictly against any form of tip...anyway recently we are taxed highly on several items, so that's anyway included in the invoice structure...
But if we don't pay for the tips when we travel abroad, it may be regarded as a rude behavior as the employees in service have low salaries.
@nomus24g (16087)
@youless who cares....will I be deported for the same
@dollaboy (6337)
Paypal Would be safe
Will it be accepted?
@dollaboy (6337)
@youless hope not
• Denmark
When we visited the USA, waiters who recognised us as Europeans told us frankly that tips were not included. So you must have some cash on you. I'm glad that Germans are not so technically advanced as you are n China. I'm glad that we usually pay cash. I'm sure that you spend much more money when you don't see how your wallet becomes emptier and emptier.
In fact usually I don't bring a lot of cash with me. Now it seems that it is OK not to bring it at all. The advantage is that we will not be afraid of getting fake money or lose the cash somewhere else. Such as putting into the trousers pocket and then washed by the washing machine. Or the wallet gets stolen.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Paypal tip hahha Here is can be credit card or cash so far.
As I am afraid if I pay more than the bill by credit card, how the waiter and waitress gets the tips from it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@youless I suppose at the end of the shift they place give them the cash or on their checks.
@TiarasOceanView If they have many customers, it will be a hard job to sort them out.
We can pay by cash or add the tip to the credit card. Even when traveling to places where tipping isn't the norm, we always give a bit of cash. It's always appreciated.
Then I prefer to add the tip to the credit card. I will remember that.
I don't give tips. In some restaurants, the tips are not given to the waiters.
This is why if we have to give tips, the tips should be given to the waiter and waitress directly.
@youless In my country, some Chinese restaurants don't allow it. Even if it is given directly to the waiter. According to them, it is bad luck for business.
@Shavkat I don't know it is a bad luck for business. You know I am a Chinese
@YrNemo (7643)
We often add the tip to the bill, then pay the whole amount with our card. Certain places charge the service as extra % in the bills, in that case, we don't have to bother, unless the service happens to be exceptional.
Alright, now I know that I can add the tip to the bill. It is a little different than I thought.
@David96 (165)
• Guwahati, India
What a technology
Yeah!