“I am Jealous to Myself”…Weird?!?

“Is it possible to feel jealous to oneself?” It might sound weird. I am not losing my insanity at this point of time. I was thinking if a person can portray different roles in the movie, then he must be proud of himself or herself. My presumption is that celebrities might have the feeling of jealousy to their characters in the movie. "Why?" In reality, they don't have the same ideal situation. Thus, they are jealous to themselves for portraying such great roles in the movies. “Would you also feel jealous to yourself?” “Any experience like this?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
Yes I suppose this could happen. I could be jealous of my young slim body lol
@prashu228 (25530)
Lol..
I think you may be right that an actor who plays a character he feels is much better than he happens to be may be jealous of that character. I have never been jealous of myself, but at times, a bit of jealousy felt about others who may be much better off in many areas than I am, but that kind of jealousy goes away quickly.
@Corbin5 I do think that it is normal to feel jealous of others capabilities or skills. But then, it doesn't make sense if we don't do anything about it. For me, I look up to them and tried to attain of what they had reached in their lives. If it didn't work out, I just convince myself that I had tried my best.
@bluesa (15214)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I suppose there are roles that can leave an actor feeling jealous that it is not who they really are @Shavkat . I have never been jealous of myself.
Some actors cannot live on what they wanted in life outside their portrayal characters in the movie. For me, we can be jealous to our old self and tries to go back if there is a chance.
@bluesa (15214)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat true about some actors. Yes I suppose we all remember that glow of youth and sometimes miss it
@bluesa I do agree on that. But then, we can still keep the good qualities from the past.
@ilocosboy (39231)
Maybe its not weird after all. Why? Well, maybe its the same thing as: "you love yourself" "you are angry with yourself" and of course, you are jealous with yourself.
You have a point. We might feel jealous to oneself and wanted to go back to your old self. In time, the transition will happen to love oneself again.
@ilocosboy (39231)
That's it
I think I know what you're saying but I doubt that many are jealous of the characters they portray. Many actors seem to lack a lot of confidence despite their fame as an actor.
I do agree on that. Some actors didn't sustain their popularity and fell into depression. The portrayed characters so ideal to them and can never be in such situation.
@shikharava (1851)
Yea, buds. Pretty much when i ain't doing nothing and slacking off, my writer persona gets jealous. Don't know nothing, (@_@)
I was also active in writing before. I am jealous of being persistent in the old days.
@Shavkat yea, it's true. If we don't write the writer persona kicks in our minds most of the times and we may feel jealously to that part of our persona.
@shikharava At some point, there is a point that writers are well-known by people. It is through their brilliant ideas. But then, the readers the real persona of the writers. We might feel jealous because people loved the writing itself and not the writers personally.
@shshiju (10556)
• Cochin, India
That's a different thinking. Some perfect artists take some time to come back from the character role.
I do agree that they can be good artists in portraying their movie characters. How about their personal life? I was thinking if they can be jealous in their portrayal characters.
@shshiju (10556)
• Cochin, India
@Shavkat Yes . But I think the ordinary people are jealous more than them. Because they have huge fans. Fans like their heroes supernatural elements.
@shshiju I do agree on that. Some fanatics might feel more jealous.
Yes agreed. Obviously it can happen
It is nice that we have the same notion of being jealous to oneself.
@Shavkat hahaha. When was the last time when you were jealous?
@optimisticbeauty Today, my friend.
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@Shavkat I'm not sure about being jealous of myself. It is weird.
I think it is possible. Jealousy to oneself is another level.
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@Shavkat I'm not sure if it's possible (personally for me, at least). And, not exactly the word jealousy...but sad, disappointment etc
I have no idea if this is the case, I think that they are so busy and stressed while playing that they have no time to enjoy their characters.
I was thinking that they can be busy in all aspects of acting. A good role can be ideal for them. Do these artists feel jealous of their roles in the movies?
@Shavkat No, I do not believe they feel jealous of their roles in the movies, sometimes they even hate to "become an icon". Sean Connery left the role of 007 because he hated to be identified as James Bond.
@LadyDuck I do agree that some actors refused certain roles. It is also the same feelings for their celebrities' children.
@renicemae (3689)
I wouldn't. But that would be really weird feeling like that. It is like you are competing to yourself.
I think it is normal to compete to oneself than competing to other people. I do challenge myself but not trying to compete with co-workers for instance.
@renicemae (3689)
@Shavkat Okay. You mean, you wanted to exceed your previous achievements...that's what you mean competing to yourself?
@renicemae Yes, my dear. It is just doing all the best at work and push oneself to achieve the personal goals.
@dollaboy (6153)
It happens most of the times
Recently, I also feel the same way. I am jealous of myself in reference to my old self.
@dollaboy (6153)
@Shavkat we all are
@dollaboy I totally agree with you.
@Sweetyt05 (488)
• Ranchi, India
I never experience this....
It is nice that you never experienced this.
• Ranchi, India
@Shavkat I also thnk so
• Walnut Creek, California
Interesting question. As you know, I'm an incredible musician. I don't feel jealous of myself. But I sometimes feel "ashamed" because I'm so good at music. Is that weird?
I think it is not weird feeling, my friend. A musician can move people while playing something. It is how you express yourself.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I think I know what you mean---the way 'this real life' makes you have to constantly do monotonous things (wash, clean, eat, etc.), things that 'the characters an actor plays' never had to do. Makes people like William Shatner or Chris Pine wish they could be Captain Kirk and not have to deal with this 'mortal flesh.' Reminds me: a friend of mine got the blueprints for the Starship Enterprise ... there aren't any bathrooms (or maybe there are, in newer versions; but the SciFi StackExchange has mixed opinions on it.
http://amzn.to/2yDLYJD
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I know that it's a weird question, but I haven't seen a single bathroom on the Enterprise, not even on blueprints. Do they exist?
@CRK109 (14401)
I have never had to deal with feelings like this, so I'm not sure I understand them!
It sounds strange. But it can go for personal perception for some.
Interesting concept. No, I'm not jealous of myself.
Thank you, my friend. I think it is a nice concept and intriguing topic.
@ridingbet (60860)
i am not jealous of myself. i am me and whatever i do, i did it with free will.
It is nice to hear that, kabsat. I am jealous of myself during the old days being me.lol
I don't think it's sane to be jealous of your former self. That was in the past which could never come back, there's just no point sulking over it.
I think it is fine to feel jealous of oneself from the past. We can still adapt some good qualities during the old days to be a better person.
@Lucky15 (33681)
Hmm, not sure if i am
Why? I think you can be...