Moms Controlling Adult Daughters

Gladewater, Texas
My mom tells me I am fat and could afford to lose ten pounds. She ask when I am packing for this weekend and tells me what to wear to my sister in law's baby reveal party. Come on I am 32 and married. I don't need to be controlled or told what to do or how to leave my life.
My parents were the same, telling me I should divorce my husband and marry a rich guy. They have tried to tell me how to raise my children. I moved out of state and they are no longer controlling my life-its amazing! If you want to stay where you are then put your foot down and tell her it's your life to live, not hers.
• Portugal
It's amazing how different their priorities are in regards to marriage, and how they forget all about the love factor.
@thehousewife Yup, they married for love but I should have married for money?? Makes no sense except that they wanted one of their kids to take care of them financially... Not going to happen for them.
• Portugal
@LovingMyBabies sound exactly like my parents.
• Portugal
My parents were like that too. Leaving the country fixed that.
It seems your mom sounds control freak. I am sorry to say this. I hope she is not.
I am also an adult daughter who has mom living with me after dad passed and instead of thinking it is control she uses (cause that just irritates her me calling it this), I now look at it as experience talking, which at my age compared to her age, I lack . . .
@Tracy04 (10575)
My mom also told me I need to put off some weight too
@JESSY3236 (5844)
My mother is the same way. I'm not married yet, but I'm 37. But I think mothers need to something to complain about or they won't feel needed anymore.
• Peoria, Arizona
Mothers sometimes never cease to make our lives a living hades. Mothers think they are helpful, but sometimes they are just very rude. And honestly, mothers need to be told that. I have told my mother that some of the things she says are very very hurtful, and we had a big long chat about it. You never get anything done until you do it yourself.
@prashu228 (25797)
So sorry for that. I think you need to talk to her , how you want to be and what are your thoughts
I mean... maybe she's just trying to make sure you don't get made fun of by others.. even though she's doing just thst herself.