Under the Hot Sticky Humid Weather

Portland, Connecticut
I felt fine when I woke up this morning, fed the dogs, made a cup of coffee, had cereal and raspberries out on the deck and then it hit. I got up to get ready to go to exercise class and I felt so nauseous I had to sit back down. What the what? Anyway, I can't go to class, I feel too sick. I am debating whether I want to go back to bed but I think sitting up might be better than laying down. Ugh! It is so hot and humid already. I have the AC on so it is cool in the family room. I can exercise in our pool later if I feel better. I am sorry now that I had anything to eat. I am trying to get my mind off of it by trying to catch up on some of my comments. I haven't been around much this week. I have been working on my son-in-law's genealogy and it took an interesting turn into Acadia which I hadn't seen coming. He also has a little Native American which is another unexpected turn.
Hope you feel better. Maybe you had a touch of heat stroke sitting outside for awhile?
• Portland, Connecticut
I was under the umbrella but I am not sure, I sure wish I had just skipped breakfast though.
I am anxiously awaiting cooler times.
• Portland, Connecticut
I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity and the combination is just overwhelming. But I enjoy being able to enjoy our pool.
It was not too hot, but it is so humid today, I feel so tired, I cannot reason with this humidity.
• Portland, Connecticut
My stomach is feeling a little better now but not completely right. I hate this weather, I really do.
@BelleStarr It rained all the night and this morning is pleasant. They say we are going to have a few cooler and dry days. I like this.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Lovely pool there Belle..I would be in there straight away. Have a lovely day my friend. Oh Native American in your son in laws genealogy...good find.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, I was surprised by both finds, his family is from near Montreal and finding Acadian is not usually in that area but rather in upper Maine or along the eastern St Lawrence. The native American was totally out of the blue but his has been interesting from the get-go.
That must be interesting for him. Sorry you dont feel well now.
• Portland, Connecticut
My stomach has calmed down a bit but I feel fuzzy if you know what I mean.
@BelleStarr yes.. sorry. Take it easy today
@Hate2Iron (7325)
Is there anything more fun that working on a family tree?? I'm still looking for a connection to someone unusual on mine lol... have to keep looking. Hope that you feel better this afternoon and that pool looks heavenly!!
• Portland, Connecticut
You will no doubt find some thing interesting on the French Canadian side, there are so many interesting people. You will no doubt have Carignan soldiers and Filles du Roi and they are a mixed bunch. Have you been to the PRDH website. You need to buy hits but it is one of the most helpful sites. I also own all of Peter J Gagne's books as well as Le Regiment de Carignan by G Robert Gareau.
Must be the heat and the humidity that did that to you. Not pleasant.
• Portland, Connecticut
No it wasn't, I am sitting in the Ac now and feeling a bit better. we have to go out this afternoon we both have doctor's appointments.
Do your best to stay cool and relax on this hot day.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thanks, you too, it must be brutal out there as well.
Sorry that you were feeling sick.
• Portland, Connecticut
It was a one day wonder and actually on half a day at that. I am feeling great now.
@BelleStarr I'm glad that you got to feeling better.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Nice and big pool you have.
• Portland, Connecticut
We have had this pool for 22 years and it has seen a lot of activity from the grandkids and us. We love it.
@Tracy04 (10696)
@BelleStarr 22 years surely a long years and glad to see the pool is still in good condition. Did you do maintenance on the pool?
• Midland, Michigan
I've not been around much in the last month or so. I've been getting hit lately too with whatever it is. For me it seems to be more sinus related. Wednesday it got so bad that I did have to go back to bed. I think I had both a migraine and sinus headache. Ususally, I'll waken with a headache when one is close by and if it's just sinuses it will last most of the day but I'm able to work through it. Wednesday I woke with it, but took the wrong meds first and therefore it lasted longer than I expected. But yesterday, it hit later on and today doesn't feel so great either, although nothing has manifested as yet. I'll be having some caffieniated coffee soon to make sure a migraine isn't below the surface. The rest is managable. I began taking a new over the counter medicine to try to eliminate the sinus headaches and pressure which normally only hit somewhat weekly. I think the higher humidity is getting to a lot of us.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am so sorry it sounds like you had it a lot worse than me, I felt quite better b later in the day. I think maybe I was just dehydrated.
• Midland, Michigan
@BelleStarr Some wondered whether I was dehydrated too, but I generally drink water throughout the day, so I doubt that was the culprit. I was able to go to my mom's to celebrate her birthday after supper that night. I still wasn't great until later, but could at least drive and eat ice cream, lol.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Your pool looks nice and cool.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is just barely refreshing these days but now with the cool weather, it should also cook off!!
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@BelleStarr I like the pool water nice and warm.
You might just be dehydrated. Coffee isn't really the best thing to stave off dehydration first thing in the morning. We need some water or juice too. Hope that you feel better.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes, I guess I should just start with orange juice. I will in the future.
@BelleStarr .....Hope that helps.
bless yer heart :( i do hope that'cha do get to feelin' better 'n can take ya a dip'n the pool. the heat 't times gets to me the same. i used to thrive 'n such, gettin' hay outta the fields when 'twas 126 degrees! i'd ne'er thought 'twas so hot, but the daughter 'twas my driver'n the field that day 'n took a pic 'f the thermometer'n the truck, lol. ya know, i did 23&me sometime back. i got'n email from 'em here a couple 'f weeks 'go. informin' me they'd 'found' 1126 'f my relatives who've done the same. hmmm, i didn't know they were missin'?? roflmbo!
• Portland, Connecticut
lol Yes and some of them no doubt share an ancestor in the 1700s lol They can stay lost !! I am interested in ones that may help me to tear down a brick wall but for the most part I avoid the literally thousands who are related to me on the French Canadian side !! Congratulations on your new family!!
@BelleStarr sadly i don't give a flip 'bout any?? but thanks fer the congrats :) i've no desire to meet these folks anymore'n i'm certain they feel the same, lol.
I'm sorry you were feeling sick this morning. I've been dealing with a sore throat since yesterday, not bad today, but didn't want to take that to the pool either, so stayed home. Your son's genealogy sounds interesting.
• Portland, Connecticut
It has proved to be very interesting, my grandchildren are quite the Heinz 57.
@BelleStarr That's a lot of culture locked up in their genes.
So sorry you feel rotten. I hope it's not food poisoning. Hope it passes soon and you feel better.
@BelleStarr I'm happy to hear it. Don't overdo anything in this heat!
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope you are feeling a lot better and it passed as quickly as it came on yoj... that geneology must be very interesting ..
• Portland, Connecticut
It has gotten even more interesting, he has a Spaniard and a German !! He is certainly interesting
@Elizaby (3386)
• Pensacola, Florida
The pool will feel better. It is hot and very humid here too
• Portland, Connecticut
Now with two cold days in a row, I am sure that the temperature in the pool has dropped significantly which is what I dread.
@YrNemo (7596)
With the strong winds bugging us lately, my vertigo has come back with a vengeance: nauseous, dizzy etc. Hope you get better soon.
• Portland, Connecticut
Well I can say the same to you, I am fine now it was a one-morning thing.
@valmnz (12600)
• New Zealand
Researching genealogy can be quite interesting.
• Portland, Connecticut
It really is my obsession, when I get into it everything else is forgotten. lol