Pigs Outnumber People

Riga, Latvia
I don’t know how many of you really love the product Spam but for those who do then you have to head for Hawaii. In that state they have a food festival totally dedicated to Spam and eat more of this product than in any other state in the U.S. The festival is known as the Waikiki Spam Jam. Most everyone has heard of the popular tradition in N.Y.C. of dropping a big ball in Time Square at midnight on New Year’s Eve and it can be seen on TV. However if you wanted to see something different then you would have to go to Idaho where they drop a huge potato at midnight. Personally I think that is something I would like to see. Now if you love pigs then the place for you to be is Iowa where it’s a fact there are about seven times more pigs in this state than there are people. In figures that is a bit more than 20 million pigs and only 3 million people. Say oink. So let’s hear it from the Spam, potato and pig lovers.
• Lakewood, Colorado
More pigs in Iowa than people? Thats good.
• Riga, Latvia
A state in which you can closer to animals and farther from people @TiarasOceanView
• Lakewood, Colorado
INteresting! I used to be a huge potato lover but not so much anymore, I find them harder to digest now.
That is interesting to know, I never had a clue.
• Dallas, Texas
That is incredible. I am glad I don't have to feed those pigs. I had once slopped and fed 2 pigs on a farm in Michigan because my sister married a farmer. And I was just visiting.