Diary 20th And 21st July 2017

Photo taken by me – my 2017 diary
Preston, England
Diary Thursday 20thJuly 2017 After the day out in Heysham yesterday, today was a quite ordinary routine one involving the usual run of job searching, (mostly through the community centre) and getting things ready for my first big talk tomorrow. Diary Friday 21st July 2017 I had my first of five two-hour long public talks today, this time on the theme of What Is History. I used many of my prepared notes for this as articles right here on Mylot with a few still to be posted up. For this talk I used my old English Civil War uniform, which was a great attention grabber for the 10-12 people who came along to watch. The talk was very well received, with a lovely buffet provided afterwards by the community centre. I did a few errand later in the day and chilled out for the evening. A big thank you to everyone who came along, and to commentator here on Mylot who’s observations helped me streamline my notes for this one. Arthur Chappell
@mandala100 (25341)
@arhturchappell Thank you for sharing the entry in your diary my friend. I always enjoy reading the same.
Glad your talk was a success. Congratulations!
I am so glad your talk was enjoyed by all in attendance. A two-hour talk sure must have taken a lot of preparation. So cool of you to wear that old English Civil War Uniform!!
• Japan
I would have enjoyed listening to you! History is interesting. But I like ancient history better than anything so recent as the Civil War!
• Preston, England
@petatonicsca The English Civil War was in the 1640's. I like ancient hitory too. I included a lot on Herodous in the talk
• Bournemouth, England
Congratulations on your presentation's response.
• Preston, England
@asfarasiknow my next one is this comng friday
@Tracy04 (10691)
I'm sure the buffet was good and tasty
• Preston, England
@Tracy04 it was very nice
It's a shame you can't turn this into some sort of career.
Very glad that your talk went well. And nice there was food afterwards too.
It's good you had a relaxed day before your two-hours public talk. I am glad that it was very well received.
@Mass_Sonu (1041)
@arthurchappell Good to know. Please do keep posting about your other public talks too. The English civil war uniform idea seems great.
I'm happy to hear that your first public talk was received well.
Sounds like you had a rewarding time leading your lecture walk.