When you're a fast typer but have nothing to type

@sabtraversa (13356)
Italy
That's my life. That's my life on sites that reward you for posting. Then there are slow typers who have plenty to say. Dios le da pan al que no tiene dientes. God gives bread to those who have no teeth. Sites that pay you to type captchas are boring. Did you know that most "written" captchas are easier to complete by robots than humans? You've probably encountered captchas that were hard to read: a robot would have completed them easily. Therefore, they implemented Smart Captchas, but still, they aren't decent enough. Too many different accents and low quality microphones for me to transcribe stuff. It sucks to have a talent* and nothing to use it for! *I don't consider it to be a talent, it's just a skill you master. Whatever. I could start a whole discussion about the photo I posted: When you have a nice picture, free domain one, and you want to share it, but you have no text that can somehow relate to it.
It is hard to type fast on this site. I like to type slow and get it right.
@sabtraversa (13356)
@jstory07 I type "slowly" just because I have to think before I type. Then we're all subjected to misspelling and get to check every time.
"Chi ha il pane non ha i denti, chi ha i denti non ha il pane" (Those with bread have no teeth, those with teeth have no bread). I am a fast typist and recently I have nothing to type.
@sabtraversa (13356)
@LadyDuck Ooh, "typist". The Spanish version was shorter so I went for that one, but I didn't notice the Italian version (and translation) was more harmonious.
@sabtraversa I have heard so many times the Italian version from my grandparents.
@sabtraversa (13356)
@LadyDuck My mother often says that proverb, and I think I'm going to be like her, keeping the tradition alive.
@EMuhungi (1726)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sometimes I am usually blank, nothing to type.
@sabtraversa (13356)
@EMuhungi Right, it is not often as simple as it seems. I could spend my whole day here and do almost nothing because of those blank moments, writer's block kind of moments.
@EMuhungi (1726)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@sabtraversa Haha yeah it do happen I totally agree.
@averygirl72 (16611)
I also did transcriptions. I'm a fast typist but sometimes I went blank too and don't know what to say
@sabtraversa (13356)
@averygirl72 I wish I could find transcription jobs in my native language easily. I have no past experience so it might be difficult to find something on freelance sites. Yeah, that's one bad feeling, your fingers itch but your brain is on standby mode.
@averygirl72 (16611)
@sabtraversa Have you tried it before? Mostly are English or Spanish. Some speakers are difficult to understand. Yeah it's a bad feeling
@sabtraversa (13356)
@averygirl72 I tried to qualify for English, but I'm not good enough. I understand everything, but I can't catch every single word.
@m_audrey6788 (18418)
For me, everything works in balance..I believe in the saying "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT" So, I really don`t mind being slow typist as long as I use my brain and knowledge to do it and in time everything will change..
@sabtraversa (13356)
@m_audrey6788 If you have something to type, the time it takes doesn't matter, you'll get it done, definitely. Can I borrow your brain and knowledge then?
@sabtraversa ....You don`t need to borrow ..You have that brain and knowledge better than mine..You just need to use it slowly, observe, and appreciate those good people who makes good points to correct some of your works...It is like watch and learn
@YrNemo (14740)
talk about typing, I am just average, an indifferent typist I guess. I chatted to a lady in her late 70s, she said when she worked as a typist, her speed was about a hundred words per minute. Don't know if she pulled my leg or not. (but her knitting was fast OK.)
@sabtraversa (13356)
@YrNemo It's all about practice and experience, and coordination. My coordination is poor, but I type fast (85/90), I could type even faster, but I'd make tons of mistakes. Pretty much like those who fake typing in movies or commercials.
@YrNemo (14740)
@sabtraversa I made heaps of mistake too (bad in my case, since my speed is a bit pathetic ). But I constantly console myself that I must be good in some other areas (which I haven't found out yet ).
@dollaboy (6153)
I'm not concerned much
@sabtraversa (13356)
@dollaboy How come? Don't you type?
@dollaboy (6153)
@sabtraversa NOT yet sabrina
@EddieHands (37793)
I have so much to write, poetry, stories, idea. I need to get back to my writing... I've been slacking I think. I'm writing and recorded that song finally.. ill send it to ya lol..
@sabtraversa (13356)
@EddieHands You sure do, your poetry channel seems a little, uhm, forsaken. Oh, finally, I'm waiting!
@EddieHands (37793)
@sabtraversa meow yes it needs more new stuff! on there!!
@carebear29 (28883)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
thats the problem i have lol
@sabtraversa (13356)
@carebear29 Yeah, I knew it was common over here!
@carebear29 (28883)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@sabtraversa right lol
@moffittjc (47309)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm a fast typer, but my brain works even faster. So I think faster than I type, and I can't keep up with the thoughts in my head! haha
@sabtraversa (13356)
@moffittjc Lucky you! Or not so lucky, but all you need is a brake.
@moffittjc (47309)
• Gainesville, Florida
@sabtraversa I know! I need to learn to slow down!
@Tracy04 (10815)
I understand that. Like me sometimes, I know about music but no idea to compose. Goes to mylot
@sabtraversa (13356)
@Tracy04 Yeah, it seems you can't go to inspiration, inspiration only goes to you.
It's been a while since I started typing with out looking at the keyboard and I learned that from being addicted to mylot. But fast typing is something I'm not used to but that depends on what I do..
@sabtraversa (13356)
@Letranknight2015 I type fast when I just chat, using IM apps. You end up using the same words, the same sentences, so in a second I can get a short phrase done. Obviously things get harder when you have to say something you don't usually say. Or when you have to think first, like it happens 99% of times here on myLot (unless you plan to look dumb, of course).