Annoying Neighbors or Fascinating Friends?

Large tree frog on window
Marion, Kansas
The other morning Princess was sitting outside, talking. She stood up, and clawed the window screen. NOT the door, although I had the interior door open. She has been known to ask me to let her in in that way. She meowed loudly, I went tot he door to humor her. She still stood and clawed the window. I had to go outside to see why. We evidently had a visitor. This image is of the tree frog that had attached to the window right outside where my desk is. It was not light outside, this is a flash picture. Princess could certainly see him though. I do not know why he was there or how long he stayed. I suspect he was snacking on flying critters that were coming to the light inside. Mr. Frog never made a "peep" or a "ribbit". By the way, I learned that that classical sound often heard on media or written in books is the call of the Tree Frog. I think frogs are fascinating friends.
We have way too many frogs in the pond and some nights they keep me awake they make so much noise. Not a frog fan!
This swamp gets noisy too.
@andriaperry Now that my husband finally got rid of all the cat tails we don't have as many frogs, but the ones left are loud.
• Marion, Kansas
I have a radio that plays nature sounds, between that and the fan and air conditioner I do not hear anything.
As we have a pond in the garden, there are several frogs in that area and those frogs can be very noisy during the night.
• Marion, Kansas
To me that would be soothing. I would know that nothing was out there to bother me if it was not bothering them.
@GardenGerty It is not soothing because they keep you awake, they are very VERY noisy.
I think they are cool except for when they are in my bathroom or attacking me
This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God. I've seen a lot of weird stuff over the years. But a frog in a sumo suit...
• Marion, Kansas
I had the last response to this last year. I do remember it, now that you mentioned it. I made sure to re read it though.
He looks like a mighty fine fellow to me!!!
• Marion, Kansas
He did seem to be. And Princess did not get him.
I like them too, outside! every year when I bring in house plants a couple babies always hitch hoke in and later jump across the floor to scare this old woman!
• Marion, Kansas
I have never had that happen. I have had Praying Mantis babies come in, though.
Oh he is cute the little tree frog. He wanted to see what was inside too and join Princess.
• Marion, Kansas
I am figuring he was feasting on some of the flying things that go for my light and computer.
@GardenGerty Oh yeah haha
An unlooked-for guest! It is amazing the tree frog can attach to the window as a house lizard. Princess is rather wary of an " invader".
• Marion, Kansas
He has little suction cup pads on each of his toes. That is part of the distinguishing characteristics of tree frogs. I think Princess is always curious and if he moved she would have caught him or tried.
@GardenGerty Small wonder the tree frogs can do that.I haven't seen them so far.
Oh wow. Glad it wasn't making noise and being annoying
• Marion, Kansas
I think it was having a snack on flying bugs.
I'm not fond of frogs, I've seen some of them in our front yard. Until my dearly departed Jolen decided to chew it.
• Marion, Kansas
Sometimes when a pet chews on a frog or toad it has a bitterness that makes them foam at the mouth and might make them sick.
@GardenGerty okay, thanks for letting me know..I better watch what my dog eats from now on. recently, he's been into hunting rats.
@dollaboy (6245)
So as cats and Dogs
• Marion, Kansas
Not quite so tame.
@dollaboy (6245)
@GardenGerty Sure Heather Echola
@Sreekala (22061)
It seems the visitor is looking a way to get inside. They are very annoying and can jump anywhere they want.
• Marion, Kansas
I just figured he was having a snack, eating the flying bugs that came to the light.
The Frog Prince wants to have a chat.lol
• Marion, Kansas
Maybe that is what he came for. I should have offered him coffee.
@GardenGerty I agree. Did he stay long in your house?
That is cool having frogs around to watch.
• Marion, Kansas
There is a lot of wildlife around to be seen.
I don't think that cats understand frogs and other reptiles. I like little tree frogs. So cute.
@Freelanzer (8286)
What an agile one he is.