When "God" Does Not Grant Your Wishes

@josie_ (7343)
"Everything that God has created is good, nothing is to be rejected, but everything is to be received with a prayer of thanks" ~ 1 Timothy 4:4 But "God" is often unfair. He keeps favoring other people instead of us. Things do not work out the way you want it. "When a door closes a window opens." In challenging and difficult times, it is up to us, not "God" to discover opportunities and find the good in bad situations. "Is the glass half empty or half full"? A beautiful day begins with a prayer of gratitude whether you believe in "God" or psychology and a positive mental attitude. Have a good day/ evening and happy mylotting. Photo image: Pixabay
@louievill (18641)
I'm a Christian with very strong Christian and biblical principles but I'm also human, I have doubts and fears, it's what I pray to God to take out in the name of his only Son. We have to be always strong in faith and in prayer. Have a nice day
@josie_ (7343)
@louievill _We should never underestimate the power of prayer.
@louievill (18641)
@josie_ agree, faith with prayer or talking to God, not memorizing and saying it over and over and over
@josie_ (7343)
@louievill _Although I have left the church a long time ago that does not mean I don't believe in the power of prayer.
I feel happy always to start the day with a grateful prayer. Yes action is what is needed as well to accomplish things in good faith forward.
@josie_ (7343)
@TiarasOceanView _Better to start the day with a positive attitude. A prayer of gratitude fortifies that mindset.
I didn't go to church yesterday despite that I got a reminder from my aunts, then it got me depressed somehow. I will make time next week end. But I did pray this morning.
@josie_ (7343)
@Letranknight2015 _I'm not a church goer but I don't think it matters to God where we pray.
@josie_ I don't know why it matters to them so much. I used to get frustrated when I missed a church mass or doesn't complete the simbang gabi thing..when your obsessed with doing things it makes you hateful and bitter and i don't want that.
@josie_ (7343)
@Letranknight2015 _Your aunts obviously are very religious church goers. Piety should be more of the mind and heart. Not all church goers are pious. Some are just for show.
@1hopefulman (28361)
"A beautiful day begins with a prayer of gratitude whether you believe in "God" or psychology and a positive mental attitude." Yes, prayer and a positive attitude are very necessary as we face each day in this world. "But "God" is often unfair. He keeps favoring other people instead of us. Things do not work out the way you want it." I would never view God as unfair. There are a lot of people in this world that are suffering. He is working on a permanent solution, his kingdom, to solve all problems for all that love him. We need to be patient.
@josie_ (7343)
@1hopefulman _Perhaps "unfair" is not the right word but the miseries we see around us and the painful experience we all have in our life can make people view "God" in a negative way. If there is a "divine purpose" in the universe then "God" is also subjected to this rule even if it came from him and cannot intervene in the lives of human beings. Else what is the purpose of "free will"?
@1hopefulman (28361)
@josie_ Yes, many people do not understand what "free will"means.
@dollaboy (6232)
Best to believe in God and wait for our opportunity
@josie_ (7343)
@dollaboy _But not to forget that opportunity waits for no one.
@dollaboy (6232)
@josie_ it does wait sometimes
@josie_ (7343)
@dollaboy _ Yes indeed. Ecclesiastes "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: ."
I religiously pray to God once I wake up in the morning and before going to sleep at night. It is better to be this way than not praying at all.
@josie_ (7343)
@Shavkat _That's a good habit.
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Good philosophies to live by
@josie_ (7343)
@dgobucks226 _ The philosophy develops only after the life experience.
@dgobucks226 (12105)
@josie_ Well said!!!!
@Tracy04 (10792)
There are a lot of things that humans cannot understand. For me He done that so that we can always rely an answer from Him, not from ourselves. God bless!
@josie_ (7343)
@Tracy04 _"God" gave us a brain for a reason. We should use this god-given gift. Have a blessed day.
@sol_cee (15398)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
....people sulk.
@josie_ (7343)
@sol_cee ~ Instead of sulking because you forgot your umbrella, try dancing in the rain.
I always think that when God doesn't answer our prayers, He has better things in store for us. And that is always true with me. And when there is sadness, there will be rejoicing too.
@josie_ (7343)
@SIMPLYD _They say God works in mysterious ways.
@josie_ Yes, I absolutely agree. I experience it a lot of times.
@rubyriaz007 (3986)
Sometimes when we ask God for something, he does not give us, because he knows it is not good for us, but we think it is good for us. When we believe in God miracles happen.He is the best planner.
@josie_ (7343)
"God" may be the best planner but we still have to do the work.
@kepweng (14611)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i pray everyday to win lottery but the god dont care
@josie_ (7343)
@kepweng _Albert Einstein once said that "God does not play dice with the universe." Apparently God does not support gambling.
God is only a prayer away.
@josie_ (7343)
@jstory07 _But don't you wish that in an emergency you can dial GOD-911 ?
@innertalks (4180)
There is no comparison between that which is not lost by praying, and that which is lost, by not praying. There is a power in prayer that is only realised and released, by actually praying. We should not worry about whether God grants us our wishes, or not then, but we should continue to pray regardless. If God is love, and if love is all, well praying to God must connect us to that love, in a loving way. We learn about love then, by praying to the father of that love, God. Only a life built on love has real value, and prayer helps to connect us to that love.
We are unfair to ourselves and should not blame any deity or divine being for not reaching our own potential or forgiving us if we take longer than what is expected of us