If you use a CPAP machine, do not do this.

Dallas, Texas
I was brought up using Vicks Vapo-Rub on my chest when I was a kid. My parents said it helps relieve congestion. One day I tried putting just a tiny amount of peppermint oil on my CPAP filter. That was the dumbest thing I ever did in my life. It opened up my lungs and caused my wind pipe to be irritated and it took over an hour to get back to normal. I did this only because I THOUGHT it would help my congestion. Don't you do it. It scared me enough to never do that again. I do still use the Vicks Vaporizer warm air inhaler as it does sooth the upper respiratory tract but still, you should never use any substance like Vicks or for that matter, peppermint oil on the filter. I am basically embarrassed to admit this but had to tell it because it was something I did try and boy do I regret it.
tppo oumight have saved so m eo ne from doing that and haing 'sa the same irrotated throat too
• Dallas, Texas
Do you ever inhale using a warm air vaporizing machine?
I have never tried that. But I am never sick.
• Dallas, Texas
Never? wow. you are one very very healthy person. I am happy for you.
I'm hardly ever sick but o grew up using vicks rub on my chest, and feet.
• Dallas, Texas
It works. I have used it practically my whole life since early childhood.
@lookatdesktop i know it does. I just hardly get sick so dont need to use it. My bf never believed that it worked though so i put it on his feet and he was shocked tgat he slept good
• Dallas, Texas
@Courtlynn It is a good thing. Foot massage helps a person relax. There is much good to be said about the theraperutic effects of foot massage. It seems the Vicks rub also does good for the feet.
@Tracy04 (10815)
Glad to hear that you are not injured.
• Dallas, Texas
That goes double for me. I really became upset by the way my breathing was negatively effected by it. Never will do that again for sure.
@lookatdesktop Thanks for the information! I've been thinking about doing something because of the problems lately. Now I know not to!
• Dallas, Texas
Please, don't do this. It was plain stupid for me to try it. I am lucky I didn't have a cough for hours after that silly little experiment.