THINGS WE DO FOR LOVE.

image by pixabay
For me, mylotting has become a labor of love - or folly depending on how you look at it - and it is certainly not fun as it was up to two months ago. Yes, this all started two months ago when my internet connection started to 'do its own thing'. Initially, it would go off every twenty to thirty minutes - now it goes off every five to twenty minutes. After making a response on a post or comment - I must sit twiddling my thumbs while watching that circle slowly turning round and round for ten to twenty minutes before that response goes through. Some days it is a bit better, but those days are few. Yes the technicians representing the internet company came, but their visit made little difference and the monthly internet bills come right on time. Another visit is scheduled for this week and if the result is the same , then I really must do some serious thinking and planning. I would hate to be forced to relocate to the city because of a wayward internet connection. Do you find yourself going that extra mile or doing the seemingly impossible for something or someone you love?
Oh you can't go on like that every 5 minutes oh my..if you need the internet for work Kandase. Thats not good then is it satellite?
It is an all island internet company. I had no problems when I lived in the city - since moving to the country in 2015, it has been very erratic.
@Kandae11 I see Kandase..do you think you will move then if this doesn't improve? And to answer your question yes I do that every single day here in my home for someone and here
@TiarasOceanView I hope I won't have to but I'll definitely consider it. However there are other options I can explore before making a decision.
Oh yes, I always do. It's my way of saying thank you to my husband and for also showing my love to him.
That.s very nice @SIMPLYD.
@Kandae11 Thank you.
@Freelanzer (8910)
That must be so frustrating. I sure hope with the next visit they are able to fix the problem.
I do hope so.
Yes, it's a give and take symbiosis. I'd rip my hair out if I had major internet problems. Hope they can fix it!
I do hope so.
@UncleJoe (9926)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Absolutely! That's the only way a relationship can thrive. It's not 50/50 like some same. It needs to be 100/100. That way when one partner can't quite produce their part, the other takes up the slack for both, and vice versa.
Well said.
@dollaboy (6232)
You can switch the Internet Service provider, when ever you want
Not possible where I am.
@dollaboy (6232)
@Kandae11 May be you can buy some portable pocket WiFi
@dollaboy Ha ha, how did you know I was thinking of just that? I'll try all alternatives and hope I won't have to return to the city.
@MsBooklover (3881)
Yes, I gone the extra mile for others. There are times they have proved not worth it. My Internet connection disconnects more than it should but not as much as yours. I cannot even imagine moving due to Internet connection woes.
My offline business also needs the use of the internet - and I was living in the city up until 2015 when I moved to the country.
@Kandae11 Which do you like better--City or Country? What kind of online business do you have?
@MsBooklover I have a Caribbean doll business offline. I receive a lot of emails and I plan on having an online market for my dolls soon. There is less crime in the country, it is cooler and the air is fresh. I like the city because everything is available there.
I would be upset not to have a good internet connection, but quite honestly I am not sure I would relocate only for an internet problem.
There are some alternatives I am looking at. However if nothing works I will relocate since the internet is necessary for my work . Sometimes I miss city life anyway - I have lived there most of my life.
@Kandae11 If you miss the city life and Internet is necessary for your work, then it is different.
@LadyDuck There isn't much crime in the country - unlike the city. Everything is available in the city - unlike the country. Here the beach is five minutes away - and I can see the sea from my veranda - even though I sometimes miss city life, I actually prefer country living now - except for the internet system. So I will try my very best not to have to leave right now. If nothing works, then I will be forced to.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Oh dear, I hope you can get this resolved. It would be so drastic to move.
I"ll work out something - but I have lived in the city most of my life - only moved here in 2015.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 Ah I thought you had been at your present place for much longer.
@Gillygirl No, I visited on a number of occasions and decided to move permanently in 2015.
We have done that. Just to be among plants we gave up city life (lol)
And I am thinking of giving up a salubrious country life for the city and a decent internet service.
@Kandae11 To each their own. But I think you should have a bit of patience. Strange that the US is facing such issues. We are quite ok here.
@allknowing I am not in the U.S, I am in a rural area o n a Caribbean island.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Kandae11, yes I sadly do. Tonight I am sitting with connection problems, I have had very little sleep, but here I am determined to be here. I hope they can fix your connection problems soon.
So we're in the same boat - almost. So far it has got a bit worse and I haven't seen the technician show up yet.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Kandae11 , ugh, I hope they pitch up soon and can resolve your connection problems. Yes I am very frustrated.
@velvet53 (16489)
• Palisade, Colorado
I deal with that little circle going round and round too. That is when I get up and do a little work around my place and give that circle a little space.
Mine has no special time when it will stop spinning - could be from five to twenty minutes. If it stops in five minutes I want to be there to see how much I can get done before it goes off again.
@velvet53 (16489)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Kandae11 That sounds like mine and I get a notice mist of the time telling me that firefox is not responding.
I would if it involved my computer and the Internet. That is a must in my life and being without it would drive me crazy.
I am slowly getting there. It has put a big dent in my plans and I am behind with all of my projects.
@Kandae11 I hope you get it taken care of soon.
@1hopefulman (28337)
Yes, love demands sacrifice but hopefully they can fix the problem and you don't have to move. Any idea what the problem might be?
They told us they are doing some upgrades. I firmly believe that their system is overburdened because it is much worse during daytime.
That must be so frustrating for you, especially when you are expected to pay for such poor service.
Very frustrating.
@Lucky15 (33386)
I can feel that frustration, especially when I am submitting online tax, nyay!
I can well imagine.
Yes I do, I always put in 100% and its always nice when I get 100% back.
Yes, it is nice when we do get it back.
What a shame that you are having so much trouble with your internet. When we were away two years ago, I simply had to give up interacting on Bubblews but this time we can log on through the phone and it's been much better. Hope you get some improvement soon.
Something's got to give - that's the name of a movie.
@quantum2020 (9228)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I would that extra mile for my family, especially my mother
I would too.
@YrNemo (12626)
I do feel your pain... I heard that my area is going to have a shake up soon re: internet connection and I am not looking forward to that time at all. Yes, there have been times when I have to sacrifice my time for other activities in order to chat with friends from here. A real labor of love OK.
You understand what I am experiencing - thanks.