Bike Shopping! One down, one more to go!

My fiancé & I have been talking about purchasing his/her bikes for a couple months now. Today - we finally decided on actually making a purchase! We don't need a bike that is too fancy, but we don't want one too heavy or cheap either! Just one that would be ideal for a spin around the lake or the neighborhood. He purchased this Diamond Back Bicycle in a lime green. I couldn't find a bike for myself yet (they didn't have my height bikes suitable for me). We will try another location later this evening. Do you like to ride bikes?
Yes, I am obsessed with cycling. Good for waiting instead of buying one that doesn't fit you. Any questions, just ask.
@infatuatedbby - My bike is in need of a tuneup, but I do lubricate my chain often.
@teamfreak16 Do you do tune ups yourself? Or do you get them done at your local bike shop? We asked the guy how often does he recommend lubricating the chain. He said after each ride?! We plan to ride the lake which is five miles only. What are your thoughts?
@infatuatedbby - I go to a locally owned bike shop. I have read that mechanics lube everyday. They obviously do it everyday for the pro's.
@dgobucks226 (12153)
I enjoy bike riding a lot! Just riding around leisurely looking at different sites is so relaxing.
Yes we will be riding around the 5 mile lake :)
@dgobucks226 (12153)
@infatuatedbby That is a nice distance to ride. Hope you enjoy it
@dgobucks226 thanks :) I know it'll be fun and good excercise too!
No not any more, I haven't been on a bike for years.
Same here it's been a long time!
@infatuatedbby i had to have a helmet, and bike shorts , had too many flats, at first it was fun
@CookieMonster46 yes safety is important. we will need to buy a helmet. :)
You know I like riding the bikes. We don't have to buy new bikes any more as you know we have sharing bikes here from different companies. And they keep on offering us free service I have four accounts already and my husband, son and I all can ride different sharing bikes when we go out together. Usually my son chooses the orange Mobike, I like Bluegogo and the rest yellow OFO is for my husband
That is pretty awesome! I'd love that feature here except the one at the lake charges $10 a hour or $20 for the entire day. Imagine how many people ride the bikes (they're not smart enabled) or anything too just basic bikes. And to rent at the beach is more expensive so we have to resort to purchasing What's great is the tires have a release so it can fit in our cars!
I really love riding a bike but I can not do that anymore. I have a dislocated hip.
I haven't rode a bike in awhile! I am sorry to hear, do you swim or do physical therapy for your hip?
@moffittjc (42987)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love bike riding, and often the kids and I will jump on our bikes on the weekend and just cruise around town, exploring different areas each time. I used to do a lot of mountain biking in the past, but it really takes its toll on the body. I mostly just do street riding these days. One of the cool perks of my job is that the city will provide its employees an interest-free loan of up to $2000 for the purchase of bikes or fitness equipment. You pay it back over a period of 1, 2 or 3 years through payroll deduction. Pretty cool program, and it was how I was able to afford really nice bikes for myself and the kids!
Do you bike often anymore? I haven't heard of you biking yet! That's an awesome allowance they offer and the perks of interest free is really amazing!
@moffittjc (42987)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby My son and I used to bike all the time, but he is really into camping and backpacking now, so that's how we spend most of our time now. Don't do much biking anymore, although we have amazing trails here that I would love to start riding again!
@moffittjc oh totally no to camping and backpacking for me ! Lol. But biking is alright :) it's fun !
@MsBooklover (3899)
I like the lime green. I have not ridden a bike since I was little, and that was with training wheels.
That is the one my fiancé purchased for him. I have a blue one. I used to have training wheels when I was a child.
@infatuatedbby How did you get off the training wheels?
@MsBooklover I just went for it :) I rode on the grass when I was a child so it was easier than I got used to it.
My mom and i were talking about getting bikes at kmart for this summer as they were on sale for only $70, but we never got around to getting them.
Since it's good weather year-round here in California - we will be able to ride often. It is good exercise :) We checked out the bikes at Sears, but they were comparable price.
@infatuatedbby i havent ride a bike in over 8 years.
@Courtlynn sounds about right for me also!
@ebanreb (6447)
I do love biking also. I biked at night with my friends. Goodluck enjoy biking my friend.
Be careful biking at night!
@ebanreb (6447)
@infatuatedbby less vehicles at night my friend.
@ebanreb Oh yes but be sure to have appropriate gear and lights!
i dont know how to bike so no plan
oh I see :) Do you plan to ever learn?
@Strawberry18 oh that is ok :)
I do but do not have one. It has been a long time. I hope you find one for you Michelle.
Thank you! I found one :)
@infatuatedbby Maybe we will see it here.
@TiarasOceanView yes I wrote an updated post :)
@renicemae (3352)
My husband is planning to buy a bike too. That way, he could exercise he said. I told him, I'll buy it for him if he gets to finish his masteral
Heheh. :) It is a good form of exercising.
@renicemae (3352)
@MoonMaa (382)
I sure do! In fact I want to get me a bike. They have bike trails here and people ride downtown at the river walk.
Thats wonderful ! Hopefully you will get a bike soon!
We love riding bikes, but we are waiting for the little one to learn to ride (he doesn't want to). He is little, so his size bike isn't equipped for long time riding . . . so we are waiting on him.
Will training wheel bikes work for him??
We both bought bikes in Florida where they are kept. So much fun to ride. Here, it's too hilly.
We had a nice 5 mile ride today at the lake. :)
Nice bike and, hope you find a good one soon. I had a chrome diamond back when I was a kid.
Thank you! We will be going to another location after dinner to find a bike for me. If I can't find one, then I will have it ordered. I used to have a boys bike back in the day with pegs!
They will certainly be very good exercise.
We will be going to another location after dinner to hopefully find a bike for me. If we can, we'll be going to the lake tomorrow to ride! It'll be lots of fun!
I used to love to ride my bike around town or around the lake. Nowadays I like to ride my scooter. I hope you find the right bike for you.
I found it :) I have 2 bikes now. That is nice you enjoy your scooter
@infatuatedbby Michelle, I am so happy you found it. Cool you have two bikes now. Yes, I love my scooter.
@Hannihar Thank you. :) Is it a electric scooter, or push scooter, gas scooter?
I love riding a bike during my childhood years. But I don't have time to do it.
I haven't since either Last time was my uncles bikes at the beach
@infatuatedbby It is nice to ride a bike on the beach.
@Shavkat I have not rode on the beach yet, just around the lake.
@kepweng (14684)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i love to ride mountain bikes but i feel down so i changed in bmx bike
Any biking activity is good