I Love Lucy - Hysterics on a Bus

@Inlemay (16490)
South Africa
Last week a whole lot of postcards arrived and I was delighted that friends from all over were still sending me greetings from their corners of the world. (corners of the world - which is round = why do people say that?) Anyway the "I Love Lucy" postcard from Jessica made me think of the only time I have ever heard of Lucy, in the movie Rat Race. I actually went to youtube some of the scenes and laughed so much while being reminded that "I Love Lucy" is a serious craze to the American people (both genders). For those that dont know what I am on about - watch this snippet from the movie and you will be enlightened. Share your most memorable moments from any I Love Lucy shows - we would love to read them. @Jessicalynnt - Thank you for the lovely postcard and the message. I have missed you over the last few weeks, maybe soon my biorhythms will be back to normal and I will as well. he he
Rat Race movie clips: http://j.mp/15vUYTe BUY THE MOVIE: http://j.mp/yl2Zol Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: Owen...
@dollaboy (6245)
I like it a lot, its So good, Inlemay
I'd never heard of the film. I watched the clip. Absolutely crazy! Sometimes one needs just that. :-)
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
I had never heard of I Love Lucy but the star studded film "Rat Race" was a favourite of mine - its positively STUPIDLY funny
@Inlemay I've seen that the whole film Rat Race is on youtube. Have you ever watched it there?
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
@MALUSE no I went to watch it at the cinema
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
This show was very popular over here in England when I was young.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
if you say - WHEN I WAS YOUNG - should I think this was a long time ago?
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay I am thinking back about 50 years.
I just got done watching I love Lucy so funny.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
You would need to inform me - is it a sitcom? Is it current or is it Old and has it got reruns. It has never come to South Africa so obviously they dont feel it will interest our audience.
@Inlemay Yes, it's a sitcom and, it's very old, but hilarious and, guarantee any country would love it, here it's on the Hallmark ch.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
@TRBRocks420 ok I might just ask my daughter to download a few (100) episodes for me that I can watch when I am stressed out - I love funny stuff
I absolutly love Lucille Ball. I can just recall watchng the origanal airing of the show here in the UK. I love lucy should not be allowed to dissapear into the ether, it need a new, young fanbase. So, as @Inlemay (16838) say's, watch this clip and become a fan.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
they are hilarious - thank you for your enthusiasm and I am making a plan to get some episodes downloaded so that I have a stash for my days off
@Inlemay Keep me updated, please x
My favorite episode is this one:
I just thought I'd experiment with the video editor! :) (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
I shall download it and watch it - thank you
I'm not downloading links at the moment as our internet data is a bit limited but I'll try to get back to it another time.
@gilggg (2671)
• Israel
Just watch it...It's funny like it I like to see how silly little things make a big mess...It makes me laugh
I know that is supposed to be funny, but I've never been a fan of Lucy.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
well there you have it - I have a few points of view - So once I have seen a few episodes I shall be able to decide if I LIKE or Not a fan of the famous Lucy
@Inlemay If you like comedy sketches, she's the best there is. I'm not into comedy, which is why I don't do Lucy.
I Love Lucy is generally acknowledged the greatest American TV comedy and most popular American TV show of all time.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
well I am interested in starting to watch the episodes I get to download
@Morleyhunt (19539)
The movie..."the long, long trailer". WS pretty funny. Stop two....and no suggested posts. Time to find a new bunny trail,
There are some great shows in the I love Lucy series, esp the chocolate factory as seen above. Basically Lucy and her best friend Ethel think they can go out and work and do a better job of it, and the hubbys Ricky and Fred think THEY can be better housewives. I know it's a bit sexist, but it is a funny lesson in appreciating your partners strengths.
Oh that was funny! I never heard of that movie so will try and see it.
@sishy7 (27666)
She's loved by people from all over the world...
@garymarsh6 (13199)
We used to watch I love Lucy when we were kids. She was quite a hoot!
The scene on the postcard is from one of my favorite episodes.