~Temporary Home Has Been Found~

Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning everyone. It has been a busy time with packing and everything that's been going on lately. Sorry about that! So, yesterday we found a temporary home for our family. Yay for no motel! Lol. I am not crazy about the house or how small it is BUT I am very grateful we will have a roof over our heads. It is 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom-$675 per month. Not ideal but as I said better than a motel and we will be able to save up for the time we are living there... I say temporary because the guy owns a lot of properties that are being remodeled right now. Most of the ones he's working on are 4 bedroom 2 bath and we will be moving into one when they are finished. He told us we will have first choice once they are done. =) I wanted to update everyone that was wondering and thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I will be here on and off today-in between packing and taking care of my kids. God is so awesome and I'm grateful to Him! The picture is of our temporary home.
Glad you didn't have to go to a motel, those get old REAL quick even if it's only one or two people.
@Jolietjake Thank you, so am I! We have lived in one before when we had 3 kids and it was not fun at all. I'm so grateful we found a temporary home. =)
@LovingMyBabies I am grateful too that you found something.
@marlina Thank you! =)
Oh this is fantastic news Jennifer..yay no motel. God is good.
@Tiarasoceanview Thank you! Yes we are very grateful to God. =)
@LovingMyBabies Is that it in the photo? Its kind of cute Jennifer.
@TiarasOceanView Yes that's the house. Thank you. =)
So relieved for you and your family. Thanks for letting us know. You will be very busy soon and won't have too much time being here. Good luck with the move!
@marlina Thank you. Yes things are about to get a whole lot more hectic for us. =)
@LovingMyBabies Hope that at least you get good night sleep so you can have all the energy needed to do all that work.
@marlina Thank you, me too. =)
Oh what relieving news this is to read. I'm so happy for you. I know that this has been a very uncertain and probably scary time for you, better days ahead. Thank you for updating us all, I know that together you will all make it thru this move and then another one to a larger home.
@Juliaacv Thank you! Yes, it has been an emotional roller coaster and I was losing hope. My faith has been restored and I am so grateful. =) Yeah, we are not unpacking much when we get there since we know we will be doing this again very soon. I hate moving so much, but I don't mind as much when it's to move to something better.
@LovingMyBabies Just a few days ago I asked my husband if he feels settled here, and he smiled and said that he did. I asked him if he felt settled at the last house and he was quick to tell me he was not. I hope that your time in between goes quickly and you get that settled feeling soon enough too.
• Portland, Connecticut
Praise the Lord, that is great news. I hope he turns out to be a good landlord.
@Bellestarr Thank you, I'm very grateful. =) I hope so too thanks!
@LeaPea2417 (18985)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is great. The temporary home does look nice even though it is small. It is much better than a motel.
@Leapea2417 Yeah it is much better than a motel, that's for sure!
Oh, I am so glad to hear this. For a temporary home, the one you will be living in is just fine. So nice of the owner to give you first choice on a remodeled home!!
@Corbin5 Thank you. Yes it was very nice of him to do that. =)
See! Faith gotta have faith. I knew if you just looked around your angel would show up.
@andriaperry Yes, things worked out at the last minute. =)
That is wonderful news! I think it's cute, but at least you have dibs on a larger home when it's ready! Congratulations!!!!
@DianneN Thank you =) Yes I'm grateful for a home and I'm glad we are getting something bigger soon.
@sugartoes (39157)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's gonna be a TIGHT place to live with 5 kids & 1 bathroom LORD howdy stress city here you come. so when's the other places gonna be ready? & how much he gonna want you to pay for one it's NOT going to be cheap I bet that's for sure but I hope things go well.
@sugartoes Well its a lot more room than a motel would be... They will be ready in a month. He doesn't charge a whole lot actually. The most expensive place he has is $900 a month. We were paying $1,000 a month for this place (3 bed, 1.5 bath). He has more properties (54 of them) in between $675- $900.
@sugartoes (39157)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies can he do a rent to own contract? that would be your BEST bet if you can do one, to at LEAST have a secure place to call home & have your husband get a STUDY 9-5 job at a bank or something you'll can depend on, cause this bouncing around your doing is not doing the kids very well. They'll have emotional problems & stress problems when they grow older.
@sugartoes They adapt very well actually. Any time there is a change they just go with the flow because our life has always been this way. They don't get stressed or worried, it's amazing. My husband has no education-his parents took him out of school in elementary school and he has bad credit so no bank will hire him. We are just renting the house-not trying to own it. We will never own a home since we have bad credit.
@akalinus (14613)
It is always good to have a place to call home. I am puzzled though and behind the times. I thought you had a house already. I have not been here in a while so don't know what's going on.
@akalinus Our landlord is selling the place so we have til the end of this month to move. Not what we wanted or expected but that's life.
@akalinus (14613)
@LovingMyBabies Yeah, I hear that. Life has a way of throwing us a curve ball. All we can do is make the best of it.
@akalinus Yes exactly, I have been trying to make the best of it. It's hard but I am grateful we found something for now. =)
@hereandthere (28810)
it's nice of the owner to offer you first pick when the remodeling is done.
@hereandthere Yes it was and we are grateful for that as well. =)
@LovingMyBabies did he give you min/max range of how much the rent will be on the remodeled ones?
@hereandthere Yes they are in our price range, the most expensive one was $900 per month, which we could do. =)
@topffer (33147)
• France
I did not knew that you had to find a new home. I am very glad that you found one and had not to go to a motel
@topffer Yeah, our landlord is selling our current home. =( Thank you! I don't like living in a motel-especially with kids so I am grateful we found something for now.
@topffer (33147)
• France
@LovingMyBabies I looked at your discussions and found the one where you were telling it and that I missed. A motel may be good for a single but not for a family. It is good that you found a house, and the offer of your new landlord to move soon in a freshly renovated home is also interesting.
@topffer Yes, I'm glad he owns so many properties so we can get something better soon. =)
@BarBaraPrz (19330)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
That's good news. How long do you suppose before one of the 4 bdrm homes will be available?
@Barbaraprz Thanks. Most likely it will be about a month.
@BarBaraPrz (19330)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@LovingMyBabies Not enough time to get settled before having to move again. Have fun living out of boxes!
@BarBaraPrz Thanks! Lol, I know that's not fun either but we definitely want something better.
@JESSY3236 (6039)
Pretty temp home. Have heard anything about the dream home you wanted?
@Jessy3236 Thank you. =) The guy is selling it.
@JESSY3236 (6039)
@LovingMyBabies Oh, that's sad. I hope the temp will be just temp and you find a better home soon.
@JESSY3236 Thank you =)
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Congrats for having found a very nice and cute home temporality.Few years from now , all your dreams would come true.
@Cacay1 Thank you! =) We are grateful to have found something temporarily. I hope so, thank you.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LovingMyBabies , when your children grow up and become professionals, they will provide you with everything in return of being good parents.
You will make the best of it I'm sure. Like you said, it's far better than a motel.
@Abbygreenhill Yes we will. =) It is WAY better than a motel, that's for sure.
@LovingMyBabies Is the yard fenced in back?
@dollaboy (6246)
I'm happy that you at least got a roof over your head and you can move soon to a better place. Wishing you and your family more best, Jennifer.
@dollaboy Thank you. I'm grateful we will have a home and we will be upgrading soon too. Thanks! =)
@dollaboy (6246)
@LovingMyBabies have a good one, Jennifer
Jennifer that is wonderful news. The first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was how small the house was. I am delighted for you that the landlord will give you first dibs on a newly renovated home that better suits your family.
@Elusivebutterfly Thank you! Yes it is small but it's bigger than a motel, that's for sure! Lol. I am glad we will have something bigger soon.
@LovingMyBabies I am so glad that something came along for you. I was beginning to worry.
@WriterAI (5016)
• Bulgaria
Nice to hear this thing, Jennifer! Thank you that you keep us updated every time some personal news of yours occur. Good luck! All the best!
@Writeral Thank you! Your welcome, I know so many of y'all care about my family and are interested to know what's going on so I try to keep everyone updated. =)
@WriterAI (5016)
• Bulgaria
@LovingMyBabies Go on, please!