One year On ....

@sueznewz2 (9381)
Alicante, Spain
As  Some of you may recall,  my dad had heart valve surgery last year... He is 86... I thought you might like an update... and of course,  I can share some photos of his garden too ... lol  My  Dad is doing well...,  the surgery certainly saved his life, and has definitely improved his quality of life..., not as much as he expected,  but...,  I think his expectations, were  past the realms of reality..., it has taken many months of recuperation... as the operation is usually done on 50, 60 & 70 year olds... and so the recuperation period is quicker,  and the benefits are more noticeable,  as for my Dad,  it has taken a long time, but he is able to do more than he used to .., he still goes dancing once a week ...,  he can often complete a whole dance, then sit down for a bit and then get up and have another dance, which would not have been possible, before...  and ... he still potters about in his garden.. which looks lovely... the photo collage above is made up,  of some of the flowers in his garden.
• Lakewood, Colorado
This is wonderful news, a beautiful photo of you both and the gardens. He sounds a very determined and upbeat man. Congrats on his health improvements.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
thanks @TiarasOceanView for your kind comments...
Beautiful photo collage. Your Dad being 86 is doing much better than me. There is no way I could dance like he does. My surgery was 4 years ago.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
ohhh so you know what he has been through... @marlina... I hope it helped you too... I'm glad you like the photos..
@sueznewz2 Yes, I know exactly what your Dad has been through. Another Mylot user has been through it a few weeks ago and she is relatively young. She is @Happy2BeMe and a lovely lady.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
@marlina Oohh that's good... I hope it helps her a lot..
• Portland, Connecticut
What a gorgeous photo array!! And I have to say, you and your dad look like two peas in a pod!! both so happy too!! Great to see.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Thank you .. @BelleStarr I'm glad you like the photos... for years people havesaid I look like my Dad...and I tjink it's more noticable as I'm getting older ...Lol
It is nice that your father did well after the surgery. You will still be with him for many years.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
thank you for your kind comment @Shavkat
@sueznewz2 No need to say thank you. He is like my granny who still alive at the age of 99.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Congrats, your dad is doing great, I am sure it was a long road to recovery. The garden is beautiful.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
many thanks @CookieMonster46 I'm gladbyou like the photos..
@sueznewz2 yes, I do very much
@PainsOnSlate (19261)
I love his flowers and am so glad he had the surgery, I hope he has many good years left.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
thanks @PainsOnSlate ... me too... i'm glad you liked the flowers...
Glad that he is doing well and what great pics of you, him and the flowers.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Thanks @Susan2015 i'm glad you like them ...
@sol_cee (13698)
• Japan
Handsome daddy!
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
thank you... @sol_cee
@Tracy04 (10661)
God bless your father and your family!
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
thank you @Tracy04
I am glad that your father is able to have a normal life thanks to the surgery. Those flowers are beautiful.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Thanks Anna, for your kind comments @LadyDuck ... glad you like the flowers too
I remember when he had his surgery, he looks great and by the sounds of things, his energy level is wonderful for a man his age. He sounds like a dancing king!
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
his energy is in shorter bursts... @Juliaacv but he's doing very well... and can still do his garden and dancing it just takes longer...
@Nawsheen (22859)
• Mauritius
Wow those flowers are so wonderful. I am so happy to hear that your dad is doing much better now and can even do some activities.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Thank you for your kind comments @Nawsheen I'm glad you like he flowers..
• Riga, Latvia
Lovely flowers and I suppose that handsome young man is your dad. So happy for him and blessings to you both.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
Thank you @RasmaSandra for your kind comments .. he is handsome isn't he... I'm glad you like the photos...
@dollaboy (6323)
I'm so happy hear about him that he's doing well. Stay blessed you all