Back from the gym! July 25

Tonight's workout was a cardio one. Interestingly, the owner told us to take off our sneakers as he wanted us to do it "barefoot". He said that, without our sneakers, we would be using different muscles to stabilize us as we moved, stood, jumped, etc. We all were willing to give it a shot. Anyway, we worked for 30 minutes and went through 5 exercises continuously one after the other during that time period. We were supposed to stop and take time to recover as needed. This is what we did: 1) Bear crawl (60') 2) Turkish Get-ups (1R/1L) 3) Kettlebell swings (20) 4) Waiter carry (50'R/50'L) 5) Jump rope (30 seconds) There were only 8 of us in the 5pm class so there was plenty of room to work without worry about getting in each other's way. It was really nice. The Turkish Get-ups are always a challenge for me--to get the 7 movements in the right order--and today we were doing it with a kettlebell raised above our head. I was fine with it. I just had to take my time and think it through. The swings definitely felt different when doing them with no shoes, but other than that I didn't really notice a change and after a few minutes I forgot that I was running around the place in just my socks. It was a great workout and a good change from all of the heavy lifting that I've been doing lately. My hashtag on my FB post about it was #mysweathassweat. Off until Thursday evening now.
running around the place in just my socks I don't know what you did with the rest of your clothes but I like the mental imagery
you truly are a perv
@NJChicaa Thanks fer noticing
@CoralLevang (39856)
ROFLMAO @JolietJake
@CoralLevang (39856)
I admire you for what you do. I wish that I had started doing this half my age ago.
Thanks. I enjoy it. Never thought I would but this place is really cool. Every day the workout is something different and working out in groups is such a great thing. You're not doing it by yourself so you have others to motivate you.
@CoralLevang (39856)
@NJChicaa I wish that I could do it now. Too much pain at the moment. *grumps*
@CoralLevang I'm sorry to hear it. I get achy and sore from too many workouts in a row sometimes but nothing too crazy. I just push through it. Going up and down the stairs after pushing a heavily-loaded Prowler sucks though. My knees scream.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds fun. wish i could do more myself. i do try though
anything that you do is better than people who sit around doing nothing.
@bunnybon7 (32565)
• Holiday, Florida
@NJChicaa absolutely true.
@bunnybon7 just keep doing what you can and do a little bit more when you can.
You crawled like a bear then carried a waiter while wearing Turkish wardrobe lol?
Bear crawl is just crawling on all fours (no knees) on the turf. It was VERY difficult for me almost a year ago to do but now it is easy because I'm so much stronger. Waiter carry, you rack a kettlebell up and press it high over your head like you were almost carrying a tray. Turkish get ups just suck and I hate them. You can YouTube them if you want to see them because there is no easy way to explain those suckers.
Just reading it makes me tired...lol. If I was going to do a workout it would probably be a zumba class or something fun.
Believe it or not, this type of workout is actually fun. You are going from one thing to the next so the time moves quickly. You just keep your mind focused on the next exercise and then on the next. . . I think I got through at least 4 rounds plus a 5th bear crawl.
I use to do the treadmill barefoot
hey our ancestors used to run and hunt barefoot!
And here I am reading this stuffed from Chinese food. You should drag me with you, but I'd leave off the hashtag. Lol!
Sure, drive the 2.5 hours south to Point Pleasant Beach! And you won't sweat. You'll GLISTEN!
@KristenH (19876)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sounds like a great workout to me.
It really was. It felt so great driving home with the top down and the breeze all around me cooling me off.
@KristenH (19876)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa Nice!
@dollaboy (6337)
Sounds like a very good session of work out, Keep doing the good work
thanks. It was a good one!
I went running with the dogs but thunder came up suddenly so I came back. Sounds like a good work out.
It was a good one! It doesn't look like much up on the board, but when you are actually doing it continuously with those ba$t@rd kettlebells. . . it gets really hard very quickly!
@Tracy04 (10696)
I cannot exercise this week. My stomach felt stuffy and period pain
I've had lower back pain but I just kept going!
@Tracy04 (10696)