Transgenders Banned From Military

Boise, Idaho
Obama just overturned a act that would do this. Now Trump has done it. There are up to 7000 in the military right now and up to 4000 in the reserves. I think this is new act is terrible. There are that many in the military and reserve now and I haven't heard of any problems. Some experts say there is no medically valid reason to keep transgenders from serving their country. One thing said too is that once they put on that uniform they are the same as the soldier next to them. They are trying to serve their country! What are your thoughts on this issue? NOTE: Below is a link to one transgenders response to this new act.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
Glad I don't live in America. Sorry to say this but since he became president the USA has fallen.
Don't even get me on the subject of Trump. I worked like a crazy person on here to try to get people not to vote for him. He is not even American and cares only for his money making schemes. Him hiding his taxes like he has tells me he probably took money from Russia and helped Putin laundry money here.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle I still get an ear full of him here on the islands. The TV world news at night tells many stories of this guy. All I can see is that he was the wrong choice and now you are stuck with him for 3+ years to come.
@poehere ......Yes. He was not a good choice but, people wanted a change and they sure got it.
@SonjaRae (4895)
Well let's see how I can appropriately respond, without causing a verbal war! LOL I will not give a personal opinion solely herein. It is my intent to be mindful! I firmly believe that EVERY AMERICAN HAS THE RIGHT TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY! Now IF others aren't comfortable bunking with a soldier who has a VAJAYJAY instead of an APPENDAGE, I don't know what to say! We already segregate THE MEN and THE WOMEN, so perhaps the decision is made based upon ones inability to establish an "OTHER" category without being labeled as discriminatory and in violation of one's constitutional and civil rights?
People need to be open and aware but not be unable to be around these transgenders. I firmly agree that they have a right to serve. It seems our president doesn't care anything about their rights.
@SonjaRae (4895)
@celticeagle it appears that while we all have rights, we only have the right to choose for ourselves, what which doesn't impose on other people and their rights to choose! It's all so confusing!
@SonjaRae ......Being respectful of others rights seems to be a problem for some.
@Tracy04 (10877)
Maybe the transgender have honest heart to serve the country. Why need to ban them
Because he is against them.
@Tracy04 (10877)
@celticeagle Weird person
@Tracy04 .......Very.
@sallypup (27159)
• Moses Lake, Washington
If I need help say, out of a fire, it would not matter to me if the person hauling my butt out was purple and had long braids down to his butt. I for sure would not have time or inclination to discuss his/her gender and sexuality. If the person gets me out I'd hug that human and be grateful to my boots. Once Trump does something like this, what's next?
Hopefully his advisors will advise against this. Or it won't pass and become a law.
@sallypup (27159)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle His advisors need to give him a smack against the head. Maybe the brain cells will rattle to some kind of human state?
@sallypup ......I think he is a lost cause..
President Trump has the capacity of shocking me every time he writes a twit. When we thought that now, at least apparently, we were heading to a world where there was less segregation, your President turns the time machine to the past. What are the military doing that then donĀ“t go on a peaceful strike? SHAME!!!
Shame is right. He is making it a shameful place to live in.
@celticeagle The US President has too much power and too little common sense
@marguicha ........You said it.
You don't want to know my thoughts on this as I am very straight.
What does being straight have to do with this? You are human aren't you? I'm 'very straight' too.
@celticeagle Ever since I can remember they were not allowed in the military - no LGBT, then all that changed and I was sad it did.
@dodo19 (32909)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I think that this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It shouldn't matter if they are transgender or not. If they are able to serve and want to serve, then they should be able to.
That's right!
• Preston, England
the ban is pure homophobia - there is no moral justification for it