India Renames Village, 'Trump Village'

Australia
Peculiar way to make a political statement. The 80% Muslim rural villagers of Marora India are exuberant about the major name change of their village, 'Trump Village.' The 80% Muslim people of India, a Muslim spokeman says, "I do not care if Trump is a Muslim baiter. All I know is he is against Muslims who cause violence and destroy countries. He is the president of a powerful country,” villager Zorauddin told German public broadcaster, Deutsche Welle.
× Login to SuperiorThan Remember Me Not registered? Sign Up. Forgot your password? × REGISTER Remember Me Already member? Sign in Toggle navigation megamenu-fullwidth, megamenu-60width, megamenu-40width Muslim villagers and Muslim leaders in a rural provi
@suni51 (2991)
I live in India but never heard about this. And what about 80% Muslims in India? Muslims have a large population in India but they are minority. I will check about this news and confirm it. Maybe a particular village with Muslim majority population did it to draw attention of Trump for.... you know what I mean.
@suni51 (2991)
@everwonderwhy I searched couple of related news and found that some backward rural villages of India constructed a series of toilets there with the support of the US aid therefore the organisation that sponsored it gave them a honorary status of Trump Villages
MEWAT: The world’s most powerful person and Marora, a tiny village in Haryana’s most backward district, now have something in common.
Wow..now that is novel.
@everwonderwhy Still novel.
• Pamplona, Spain
Is that for real them naming that village like that?
Yes, the news about the 80% Muslim celebrating and voicing about the renaming of village Trump Village is real.
• Pamplona, Spain
@everwonderwhy If I lived there I would be thinking of the village in terms of its other name instead. Like where I was born is called one name but on the maps its known by another name different alltogether.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I agree. I do not know how the villagers feel-- nostalgic or hopeful-- for their PM's administration's policy on border and national security against terrorism and violence.
The director of a sanitation charity in India renamed a village after Donald Trump, but authorities said he had no permission to do so.
The rural village is so remote that they do not have public toilet facilities ( probably no 'state of the art plumbing', too). I don't know what went on BEFORE PM Modi's visit at the WH. WAPO, I guess, is just making up their smear-the-president story. In fact, WAPO just smeared the integrity of these 80%Muslim nation and PM Modi's leadership.