Social Security problems for Expats

Israel
My mother has been having lots of problems since her purse with all her financial information was stolen in March 2017. She opened up a new bank account, but Social Security didn't transfer the money there,and it has not paid her since then. We have sent three forms, the third one today to update the bank information. She's 81, and wants to live independently, not in a retirement home, and so the money from SSI is enough to pay the rent. Because she has not been getting SSI I have had to pay the rent, and other expenses. This is too much! Have you heard of this? Please help!
• Lakewood, Colorado
This seems very odd. And I read they hung up on you? I have never had that happen no. I wish I had an answer for you..that is awful for you and your Mom.
• Israel
Well it took 2 months and she finally got her money and now it goes into her Israeli account. It was very nerve wracking. Now she needs to pay me back for all those months that I psid her rent. . .
• Lakewood, Colorado
@rachael5760 I am glad they finally listened..
This is something shouldn't be happening, How possible that the social Security didn't manage to transfer the fund to your elderly mom's account? Please write an email or contact the operations officer for further action.
• Israel
We sent in the forms to an email that was on the website and we are sending the same info a hard copy to the official address.
@rachael5760 Thank you for the story and apart from this, I am very proud of your elderly mother. She is a very strong and independent woman for her age of 81. She reminds me of my mom as well.
@bunnybon7 (32618)
• Holiday, Florida
can you call them? i would call. i know the wait is terrible amount of time but would be worth it i am sure
• Israel
When my mother called them yesterday they hung up on her.
@bunnybon7 (32618)
• Holiday, Florida
@rachael5760 oh my. that happened to me and i called right back and waited again
@pradab (511)
Should contact the respective government office and clear out the natter
• Israel
In Israel they want you to email and they don't like to tslk to you. But it got sorted out it just took a long time.
@mandala100 (25012)
@rachael5760 I wonder what's taking them so long to process the form of your mom. I think you need to make a personal folow-up to the office to find out my friend and talk to the person who is in charge.
• Israel
In Israel, they make you wait for a month to get an appointment to see them. She has been waiting since March to get an appointment.
That is weird. I would think they could take care of this better. Have you broken down and called to see what the hold up is?