Camera: Stolen

@FayeHazel (11668)
I hope you're not tired of hearing of tales of my Las Vegas trip. I went in 2012 - and as I typed up my first post about it, I was reminded of the duck that was alright (my second post about an incident in Las Vegas) and as I typed that up - I attached someone's else's Youtube video ... because my camera was stolen in Vegas. Technically I don't know if it was stolen or lost and not returned - for you see - I had put an address label on the bottom of it with my phone number and address so it could be returned. It was our last morning in Las Vegas -- and there was this fun little place near the hotel elevators in the casino that served alcoholic slushies. I had a coupon and I thought - "Why not?" - I'm not much of a drinker so I didn't know what the numbers behind the flavors meant. All I know was that "Orange" sounded good and that it had the designation of 181 behind it. (That means a boatload of booze, apparently.) And that was the last I saw of my camera. It is possible that I simply set it down somewhere in my Orange 181 stupor. However it would have been nice for the person finding it to return it to me seeing as my name, address and phone number were attached. It was not an expensive camera, so that's another good thing. The thing that bothers me the most is that my almost full camera card was in it. I had great shots of the sky from the plane, palms, the lights, signs and sights of Las Vegas, my friends and me. (No, no nudes, but there... *ahem* may have been some swimsuit photos on there.) And someone out there had/has those- (along with my name, phone number and address.) That bothers me more than the actual camera. I would have been greatfull if the person finding it could have even just sent the camera card back anonymously ... but no such luck. I assume that someone (who either took it from me, or found it) may well have pawned it for the few dollars they would have received for it. Has anything similar ever happened to you? Link to the Wikipedia article on the Las Vegas casino "The Flamingo" - I probably had lots of photos from that area as we stayed close by.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search This article is about Flamingo Las Vegas. For other uses of Flamingo, see Flamingo (disambiguation). "Flamingo Hotel" redirects here. For the former Florida hotel, see Flamingo Hotel, Miami
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
It can be horrible to lose the photos more than the camera if it isn't expensive. I had one stolen in Spain. I had many good pics and was so upset.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Oh I'm sorry to hear that you experienced theft... that is so upsetting when the photos are gone too
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear that is so sad..what a shame that all the card was in the camera Faye. No I cannot say I had ever lost a camera..I would also have been sad about it.
@FayeHazel (11668)
I was upset for part of the flight home, then I realized that others had gotten photos... not the same, but still
@mandala100 (25369)
@FayeHazel Yes losing something do happened in real life. I left my eyeglasses inside a bus and never found it again.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Oh no! I hope you were able to get a new pair of glasses after that. How disappointing.
@mandala100 (25369)
@FayeHazel Yes I got a new one but it cost me alot my friend.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@mandala100 That is a pity, but I'm happy you got more glasses
I am so so sorry you lost your camera. Did you ever get it back or did you get a new one. You had important pictures on it and that is what is hard. I hope it didn't ruin the last day of your trip. I have been to Las Vegas two or three times. It is a very interesting place.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Aw thank you for that thought. It never surfaced. :( I am most upset about the pictures that were on it. Happily I did get another camera. Las Vegas has a very fun energy for people watching for sure :-)
@FayeHazel It is a very interesting place to visit. I was there some stages in my life. One was when I lost a lot of weight I enjoyed shopping. I just enjoyed being there with the energy of the people enjoying themselves. I am glad Faye that you got another camera and but sad that you lost some very special pictures on the other one.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@Hannihar Oh yes, I did notice that a lot of the shops cater to smaller sizes. (Good thing I wasn't looking to shop much) - lol. The energy is nice and you're right it does seem like people were... more free there
An ex-girlfriend in Modesto kept my digital camera.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Oh that sucks! I hope you got the camera card, anyway
@FayeHazel - Nope. It was worth it to get out of Modesto, though. I belong here.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@teamfreak16 -- at least you were able to find a place where you fit.... I haven't yet. I don't know where I belong. I hope some day to figure that out. Unless, maybe I don't fit anywhere. lol.
Oh, so sorry that happened, Faye. My friends met us for dinner in Rio, a most dangerous city. They were photographing the sunset on the beach, when three men ran towards them, grabbed the camera, cut the man's head with a knife, and tried to steal her handbag. Luckily she flung it out of their path. It was a run and grab. Just too many rotten people in the world.
@FayeHazel (11668)
It's a shame when some of the most beautiful places are also more dangerous. I'm sorry your friends went through that - that is scary - a knife assault -- but I'm happy at least they didn't get her purse
@FayeHazel We live in a nutty world!!!
@FayeHazel (11668)
@DianneN So true! Like in the theme song from the TV Show "Monk" - "It's a Jungle out There"
@bunnybon7 (33054)
• Holiday, Florida
i hate the loss of photos. why someone would keep them i don't know. worse is the thought they threw them away. had one very old of my mom when she was first married. sent it to a place i always had good luck before to get remade copies for the girls. even insured it. never saw it again. never so stupid as to send anything like that in mail again either
@FayeHazel (11668)
Oh so true there, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of the photo of your mom. It wasn't stupid on your part to trust people to do their job honestly... can you draw or paint? Maybe you could loosely recreate it?
@bunnybon7 (33054)
• Holiday, Florida
@FayeHazel no wish i could. it was just so nice to look at the fashion and hair of that era and my mom was such a beauty on the outside. lol
@FayeHazel (11668)
@bunnybon7 Oh shucks. For the record I wish I could draw/paint as well. Esp. faces. People are really astonishingly beautiful
• Denmark
My camera was stolen out of my rucksack in a tram in Lisbon, Portugal. I was sad to have lost it but maybe even sadder about the many photos I had lost, too.
@FayeHazel (11668)
So sorry to hear you've had this happen too. I know the pictures are what really got to me.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
oh no sorry to hear that your camera got stolen. That was very bad of the person who stole it. He could have returned it. You have lost so many beautiful pictures and the worst part is that this person has some of your personal details
@FayeHazel (11668)
So true. I thought putting my name and address on there would have been a good move, so incase of loss an honest person could return for a reward. However what I didn't consider was now they have my details... whoops! I'd have been happy even with the camera card returned.
@cahaya1983 (9505)
Sorry to hear about the lost camera. I would be upset too if it happened to me. I hope the person returns it to you.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Thanks! It was already so long ago. Sometimes I wonder what happened to the little camera, where it is now.
A shame whoever had your camera did not return it to you. I have never had anything stolen while on vacation.
@FayeHazel (11668)
I'm happy that you didn't have anything stolen. :-)
Sorry to hear you lost your camera, but sounds fun besides that.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Thanks, but you're right -- for the most part, a fun trip :-)
That's sad you lost it or it was stolen. Least they could have done is sned the card. But not too many good people out there anymore.
@FayeHazel (11668)
That's true --- not many decent folks out there anymore
I've never had anyone steal my camera. I wouldn't like someone having my name, number and address either