She Wants to Go Inside when It Rains

My pet cat always wakes me up even at unholy hours of the night especially when it is raining. Maybe she feels so cold at her sleeping place at the back of our house, though I made it so comfortable for her. She will not get wet there even if it rains so hard. We do not want her inside the house because once we let her in, she pooped in one of the rooms and it took us so long to find out where the obnoxious odor came from. My husband was so angry because he got tired cleaning up the mess and the smell was so persistent, we had to pour lots of alcohol in that area to remove the bad smell. Do you allow your cats inside the house?
@Lucky15 (31528)
no for the same reason ;/
@mandala100 (15942)
@acelawrites Maybe that cat is afraid of rain my friend. Sorry my friend we don't have any cat.
Maybe it is afraid and feeling cold.
@mandala100 (15942)
@acelawrites Yes my friend from the looks of it. See ya.
@salonga (27753)
I have allergies with cats so no cats for a pet. We have dogs, or watch dogs so they stay outside and stay in garage most of the time which is well covered. No they are not allowed to enter our house.
That was my mistake! I wanted to hug it so it got that habit of being allowed inside.
@cahaya1983 (5986)
I don't have pets, but at my parents' they had to do the same thing because the cats did their business inside the house.
Yes and it smell so bad.
@sol_cee (11225)
• Japan
Maybe she needs human warmth.
Yes she might be feeling so cold.
All cats in our Chicago suburb, and dogs, cannot run free outdoors to protect them from being hit by cars, disease, becoming lost, and coyotes or any other critters that may want to harm them.. Cats and dogs can go outside of their yards only if they are on leash, according to the laws here. We used a little box for our cat indoor cat Missy.
It was a feral cat that I adopted.So it adopted that habit of letting in of the house.
We used to when we had a cat but she would let us know when she wanted to go out. I know it's a horrible smell.
I just take her out after feeding her so she could do her business outside. Our house has screen doors so it is hard to train her to go out when she needs to.
@acelawrites Ours would miaow at the door so we'd know she needed to go out.
@JudyEv that's good, she gives a warning call.
@Nawsheen (22916)
• Mauritius
My cats stay in the house instead and when it comes to pooping we have trained them
I should had trained it.
@nanette64 (11221)
• Fairfield, Texas
@acelawrites It's never too late no matter what the age.
@nanette64 thanks, so good to know she can still be trained. i'll do it.
@dollaboy (6401)
Nope Because i don't have any and i guess its good to settle them outside the house
I provided it with a good place to stay where he will not get wet or be cold.Thanks.
@dollaboy (6401)
@acelawrites That's so kind of you
My Rose stays at home. No worries to the poop concern. She was trained to defecate in the toilet.
That's so nice, your cat is well-trained.
@acelawrites My mother trained her.
@Deepizzaguy (6017)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Due to being in a rental property, my dog and cats are indoor animals.
At least they were trained on toilet habits?
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@acelawrites The cats have their own toilets, the dog has to go outside and I have to watch her that she does not get into a fight with the next door neighbors.
@nanette64 (11221)
• Fairfield, Texas
I have 13 indoor cats @acelawrites . Every one of them use the litter boxes. It's easy to teach them to use a litter box. You take some of their poop; put it in the box; take the cat into the box and have them smell their poop and then take their paw and cover the poop up.
Oh, thanks for this advice. I'll do it.
@thelme55 (8705)
I have no cat. Maybe you can train the cat where to do his or her business.
I just take it out after being inside the house for sometime.
@prashu228 (15993)
I don't have pets. You can train the cat if possible , that would be easy
6h
Sorry but that kitty is better off outside if she's going to poop anywhere she wanted. It's best if you buy her a cat litter @acelawrites
@SHOHANA (3805)
• Bangladesh
once i had a pet cat and I allowed it in my bed also. My cat was adorable n it can make you feel love to it
@Claire_ut (215)
Why don't you guys use cat litters?Why do you keep your cat at your backyark?I keep my cat in my house.