I continued to be lazy

There are many things I want to get done, but I did very little today. We went to the next big town and ate at Long John Silver's and I got some things I needed from Wal Mart. While hubby drove, I finished my book. I have neglected reading for quite a while, so it is good to be back. Tomorrow I will take my sister for an x-ray of her kidneys and an appointment. Last year she had a kidney stone and was treated. This is a follow up. When that is done and I come home, I will just have a little bit of home time before hubby gets home. He wanted to celebrate last night, Wednesday, but I asked him to wait til Friday. You might ask what we are celebrating. Hubby has been released from Physical Therapy and no longer has to go do tasks to gain strength and balance. Just think, he has recovered so much, in less than two months. So tomorrow night we will go to Longhorn Steakhouse, a place we have never been. It is fun to have some good news. How about you? Now it is time to be off to bed.
@sallypup (26679)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Congrats to your hubby. Its good to hear that someone is reading. I have shelves of books that I need to go through and decide if I must have them all since I've not read many in years.
It has been a couple of years since I have read books. I do read magazines and articles online. I did enjoy the one I just finished and am starting on another one.
@sallypup (26679)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty I still have battered, honorable physical cookbooks that I use. I do find that more often now I go on line looking for recipes.
@sallypup That is me as well as far as recipes go, but we own a lot of cookbooks.
@PatZAnthony (12572)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You are no doubt both really happy those appointments are over with! Hope life is clear sailing from here on!
Life is never clear sailing for me it seems. Now my sister is going to have an outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks. It is one thing after another.
@PatZAnthony (12572)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@GardenGerty It really can be hectic at times @GardenGerty Well, actually-almost all of the time!
@RubyHawk (23521)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's wonderful news that your hubby is doing so well. Have a happy celebration.
We certainly will, thanks.
@RubyHawk (23521)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@GardenGerty you're welcome, have fun.
I am glad you had good news and a good meal.
Looking forward to another good meal tonight.
@jstory07 Longhorn steakhouse. It was very good. Pricey, but we will have a good lunch from leftovers.
Its wonderful news! I have to clean my kitchen and I am off to bed too.
I wish my kitchen would clean itself.
I am so happy your husband is out of physical therapy! A great reason to try Long horn Steakhouse! What is the book you read in the car? I am happy you are getting back to reading! What is the next book if any you plan to-read? Hope you have a great meal and tell your husband how happy I am for him!
The Banana Cream Pie Murder, cannot tell you who wrote it right now. It is full of dessert recipes. I started A Life Discarded by Alexander Masters today. It is a non fiction, but not sure of the category.
@GardenGerty I have read the Banana Cream Pie Murder, it is by Joanne Fluke. I have read almost every, if not all, books in the series. I loved it I love the series so much that I preorder books from the Series on my Kindle and the day they are published Amazon sends it directly to my Kindle. I buy several series that way! I love culinary mysteries like that one a lot and see my favorite books types of reading! I never heard of the other one you mentioned but will write that down and see if i can find it,
@Marty1 The other one is classified as American Literature. I cannot figure out if it is a story, or if the things actually happened. It is about someone finding 148 diaries in a trash bin and reading them and puzzling them out.
@Lasckos2 (163)
My day was uneventful today too. Glad to hear good news from your side. My husband and I are also going out tomorrow night. Not to celebrate, date night.... a night away from our boys. Enjoy your night tomorrow
A lot has happened since you wrote this post. How's your sister? I hope the results are good news for her. Thank God, your husband is better with recovery. I wish you and your lovely husband, beautiful couple, good health and happy days ahead, Heather.
No, my sister has another kidney stone. She will have to have surgery to remove it in a couple of weeks. She has a hard time following a strict diet to prevent them.
That's a great day doing things up. Congratulations to your hubby for recovering fast. I am about to eat lunch and deal with the typhoon today. Goodnight and sleep tight.
Yay glad you have good news! I've been to longhorn two or three times.. always got the steak and potatoes. They were alright
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I am doing good. Glad to hear that your husband is recovering. Hope that everything goes well concerning your sister's appointment tomorrow. Take care. Goodnight
The appointment today went okay, she will have to have some more stuff done in a couple of weeks.
@dollaboy (6232)
I'm happy that you are doing well and about your Husband's health. Hope your sisters appointment goes well. Have a very Good night. I'm fine
You had a busy day today and a lot on tap for tomorrow.