Sears is closing! Currently: 30-60% off the entire store!

I have been eyeing this beautiful arch swing but really don't have a spot for it. Not to mention the fabric wouldn't be ideal since this is an outdoor swing, but the price was amazing from $600 to $240. My fiancé and I went to Sears the other day and the swing has been sold. I sent the photo to my sister and she was also interested. All well, not meant to be - I did browse the store to keep in mind what we may want. Some items we are currently eyeing: - Fitness Machines - Mattress for a guest bedroom What we purchased: - Nike hat - Camo hat - Northface pants ( I will end up gifting this to my sister since I have too many pants ) I'm sadden to see all these stores closing! Are a lot of stores closing in your area?
@moffittjc (34793)
• Gainesville, Florida
The Sears here in our city is currently not scheduled to close, but let's face it...it's only a matter of time until all the Sears stores close up for good. There were two brands Sears owned that was their staple in their stores, Craftsman tools, and Kenmore appliances. Sears has already sold off the Craftsman tools to Ace Hardware, and is also currently trying to sell off the Kenmore appliance line. Once they sell off Kenmore, there is nothing left to draw people into their stores, so they will go bankrupt shortly after that. Their downfall was buying Kmart and thinking they could turn that store around. Big mistake. But then again, all big box stores are in trouble these days, as people flock to Amazon and Jet to order merchandise online instead of driving to stores to shop.
We havent had any problems with our sears or kmart. They actually have more customers than they did before. But all stores/locations are different.
Tons of box stores are closing and eventually people will opt for the ease of online shopping like you mentioned. It's much more convenient, no hassle or time wasted and chances are you find an even better deal. All the Sesrs where I'm at is at popular malls yet they're still struggling. Honestly where I live - think it's the employees, the lines are always too long. The employees panick once there are a couple people in line and ask for back up. No one really knows how to use the register well enough. It always takes so long to ring up people that they give up in line.
@Courtlynn We only have one K-Mart in our area and I don't visit it. It's a long drive. Good to hear your area is going well.
@mandala100 (25012)
@infatuatedbby Why is it closing my friend?
Not many sales for them I suppose
@mandala100 (25012)
@infatuatedbby Oh I'm sorry for them my friend.
@mandala100 That's okay!
@MGjhaud (20810)
That was a huge discount. One of the houses I rented before has a swing but it wasn't as good looking as that one. I'm also eyeing a stationary exercise bike online though i'm not sure it would be good for my knee. I'm waiting for an 80% discount.
Yes the swing got a big discount where other stores the same swing is still full price. But I still don't want to pay that price if I don't really need it so I was eyeing it hoping it would go down lower so I could justify spending money for it! I never had a swing before so it'd be cool to have one but next time. We have a cycling bike at home but it's not quite comfortable. My fiancé wants some other work out machines I don't know the proper word for them. I'll wait for a greater discount too hahah. If it's available at that time then it's meant to be!
@MGjhaud (20810)
Haha let us know.. I'm mostly waiting for discounts for my items. These things i've got in my list is not something I really need anyway.
@MGjhaud Yeah I like to save money and get brand name too. I am patient. :)
@alberello75 (13040)
• Genova, Italy
Almost all small shops have closed in my area. This is because of the advent of the Malls. In my neighborhood, every 100 meters, there is a Supermarket! Change in the name, in the brand, but in the end, they are all the same!
Yeah a lot of smaller stores cannot compete with the bigger stores. Bigger stores buy in wholesale/bulk and re-sale.
@alberello75 (13040)
• Genova, Italy
@infatuatedbby Obviously but big stores, sometimes they have deals that "deceiving" the people. In the end, it is obvious that we spend more by going out of a supermarket, as we often buy things that are not entirely necessary!
@alberello75 Yeah I have splurge purchases on items I do not necessarily need too.
@ilocosboy (32199)
Blessing in disguise, it may be hard to accept Sears are closing but at least it giving us some good discounts.
Not yet but will wait for further discount. The store sells things for more expensive than others that's why no one shops there as often!
@ilocosboy (32199)
@infatuatedbby isn't it Sears gave been in business for a long time?
@ilocosboy yes it's a long time business - been around for awhile
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
This swing was being sold at a very good price. I hope that you get to buy some of the other things that you need. I also take advantage of those discounted prices. A lot of stores are closing over here and we have many others opening too.
Yes, the swing is a good value but I have no use for it I don't like going in the yard much! But if it was slightly cheaper I would have bought it because it was a lovely swing! We'll be back to see when the sales are better value! They're closing in September officially.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
@infatuatedbby This means that you have some more time but I am sure many people will be rushing to go to Sears
@Nawsheen Yes - I do not really need anything but will drop by to check out the sales later this week since its on the way to the market.
@JESSY3236 (4901)
Sears closed here last year. Kmart also closed. I was surprised about that. I think JCPenney might close here.
Some Macy's closed here. JcPenney I think is up next. So many stores are closing.
The Sears in my area is not closing but more and more stores are going down.
There are a couple of Sears left and one 1 Kmart but yes more stores are going down!!
@Lucky15 (33712)
none here, i don't know if i would want to just to get a discount but not sure for having the store close means i can not buy anymore from that store ;/
Yeah, the deals aren't as good yet but since they're closing they have to get rid of inventory.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
oh wow, I would love to have one of those.. that looks so comfortable.. I could nap on that right now.. I haven't checked out our local Sears to see if they are closing - I have been hearing of these rumors for years. Sad to see and American icon closing up shop
Yeah it's pretty sad to see lots of stores closing. There will still be some Sears around but eventually they all look like they're going down hill.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@infatuatedbby Wow, and you used to be able to buy your houses from them.. Sad
@minx267 Really? I did not know that!
I didn't know Sears was closing, I'll have to check that out. I hope ours won't close but just in case I should check if they're having a sale.
There is list somewhere online of all the locations closing. Ideally I wouldn't like stores closing because it just shows the economy is horrible.
Actually I think it shows that more people shop online than in stores @infatuatedbby I shop their website sometimes but hate to go in their stores.
@rebelann Yes, I certainly prefer shopping online now especially in stores their prices are now jacked up! They do price match too (which is great) at most stores.
What makes pants a pair of Northface ones? I am sorry you missed out on the swing as it s really nice looking and hope you get some other things in which you have been eyeing, and hopefully, the prices are great too!
It was a lovely swing but I couldn't justify spending it just yet especially since I don't need it. But if it went down under $200, I think I would have purchased it. It'd be a lovely swing for my parents' yard or my sisters'. I sent it to my sister' and she agreed! I am not sure, its an expensive brand and good quality. I would never justify spending that much for a pair of pants. They're hiking ones. :)
@infatuatedbby Is that a brand name you mentioned never heard of it until you mentioned it in your post!
@Marty1 I have never purchased from Northface. It is my first time writing / mentioning the brand. Too expensive. I like Nike.
@Plethos (4847)
kmart closed here about 5 or so years ago. sears is still at the local mall, i havent been inside it, ever. i hear it looks lonely and depressed inside.
yah it is depressing store i can find brand name deals + quality @ Macys lol -_-
@Plethos (4847)
@infatuatedbby - theres nothing at sears that interests me anymore, and if it does, its too over priced. i usually find it cheaper elsewhere.
@Plethos yes - they do price match . :) but i have no interest. i did for a short period because i got points = $ to use there. i would buy random knick knacks lol
You knew it was coming though, right.
Yes I did ! It's no surprise but it's officially starting to clear out. They close around September !
@infatuatedbby goodluck with getting good things
@Courtlynn Thank you! I went today again and got more things :) Nike shorts, nike shirt for my niece. My fiance got biking gloves.
That is a cute swing - darn they were sold out! I know one local Sears closed down a while back . . . but the rest of the malls are still keeping Sears as far as I know. And yes, there are other stores closing or have closed . . . it seems that the existence of malls in the future look kinda bleak!
Yes totally, so many stores are shutting down at the malls. They're being replaced with high end stores so I rather just shop online.
@much2say I don't know either I don't set feet in high end stores. :) I find better sales on their websites lol!
@infatuatedbby I need to be more like you and get savvy with online shopping. I just still like to walk through stores .
I am sorry they are closing so many stores, we have no Sears here.
Are a lot of store closing in your area?
@infatuatedbby The personally owned shops are closing because the costs are high.
@LadyDuck I think it is hard for the smaller shops to compare to bigger shops where they get better deals and can resale for profit to keep up.
Sears here closed years ago - haven't seen one open in years...never was a fan.
I was never a fan either My dad was - it was his favorite store to visit!
@infatuatedbby Years and years ago it was the only store!
@infatuatedbby I don't miss it/them.
Sears used to be one of my favorite stores but the only one we have local only sells appliances, tools, paint etc.
Eek I can only imagine the cost of the items there are pricey because they have Lowes, Home Depot, Ace and such for those items too.
@infatuatedbby actually when I was looking for a new washing machine recently Sears had the best price which totally surprised me.
@Marilynda1225 Oh yes, I found a great deal on Sears + they price matched & since they took forever to delivery, they delayed they reimbursed my bill a little so that was nice.
I'm not sure if either Sears or Kmart are closing here.
Most of the Kmart closed here. Couple of sears will remain open but they look to be going downhill also.
@infatuatedbby - It's sad. They've both been around forever.
@teamfreak16 yes that's right
@kepweng (5955)
its nice bed you can Put it Outside the house and have a fresh air and sleep thier at night?
yes it is nice but if i owned a home i would buy it. but i don't.