This news makes me want to have plastic surgery

Calgary, Alberta
The man in the news clip below was robbed of being a husband and robbed of being a father. His life was taken away from him for 17 years. He was jailed for a crime he didnt do because he is a look alike of the criminal who did the crime. He was arrested because of it. He was finally released from jail when the Police finally found his look alike who did the crime. I have to confess something, I have a similar face to an infamous serial killer. We have the same bone structure but the only difference is that person is Caucasian and I am mixed Hispanic Asian. Thankfully that person died decades even before I was born but I am creeped out of the idea have the same face with a very unlikely celebrity. I am thankful I will not be mistaken as that person.
Richard Jones had been charged with aggravated robbery in Kansas City, Kansas, nearly 20 years ago. -- SUBSCRIBE to ABC NEWS: https://www.youtube.com/ABCNews...
Couldn't the authorities do a DNA test? That is one huge mistake on their part.
• Calgary, Alberta
I think this proves sketches is not 100 percent when it comes to solving crimes.
@CaptAlbertWhisker A lot of those sketches are so horrible!
• Calgary, Alberta
@much2say yeah many of them are super inacurate
@hereandthere (24046)
what a nightmare that was. would he be compensated? i think the people who will notice your similarity to TB would be those who remember the news about him.
• Calgary, Alberta
I am too young to be mistaken for TB for sure. it pisses me off though that TB's life will be adapted into a movie. I hope my social media account wont get viral for that. I am doing my best to alter my look.
@CaptAlbertWhisker so how are you going to alter your look?
• Calgary, Alberta
@hereandthere I thinned my eyebrows to make sure there is no unibrow and I grew a beard. I will also never curl my hair. I just dyed it copper.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
OMG that person lost 17 precious years of his life. That's awful.
• Calgary, Alberta
He was jailed for 17 years being mistaken for stealing someone's purse. Meanwhile a rapist got freed after 6 months. What kind of justice is that.
How do they compensate a guy for losing that many years of his life ?? Ohhhh, so you think you look just like a certain serial killer? Well if that guy is already gone, you don't have to worry about it . . . plus you are probably a lot younger than the age he would be today.
• Calgary, Alberta
I know it should not bother me anymore. I mean I am not that person but I try to make my self look unique so people who know that person wont notice. Back to the person on the story,He deserves to have compensation of some form.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I am tempted to ask see side by side photos . But do you think your race/skin tones are a giveaway that you are indeed not him?
• Calgary, Alberta
@much2say I got mistaken for an Italian and Greek by some people here. People always assume all Asians look the same but I beg to to disagree. Will I ever make a face reveal. Only time will tell. Maybe one day but not for now.
According to scientific studies there are 7 people around the world that look exactly like we are. I confess I would like to see mine.
• Calgary, Alberta
There is a site I think that charges 1.99 dollars for that, Some matches will be shocking because they are people of different etnicity or gender.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I would not pay because I wonder how they can find our matches. I am sure it's a scam, it's so easy to create our double of different ethnicity or gender using Paint Shop.
• Calgary, Alberta
@LadyDuck I know some people of different ethnicity who are look alike but they are celebrities. Julia Roberts is usually compared to Filipino actress Agot Isidro. Barrack Obama have a huge resemblance with Indonesian photographer Ilham Anas Hispanic American actress America Fehrara have resemblance with African American singer Jordin Sparks. and there is the Asian Mark Walhberge
This dude totally looks like Mark Wahlberg- and his photo went viral! SUBSCRIBE: http://po.st/TMZSubscribe About TMZ: TMZ has consistently been credited for ...
@dollaboy (6323)
Sounds So terrible, We all should check whom we look alike HAHA
• Calgary, Alberta
and try to not look like them. I just dyed my hair to look less serial killery.
@dollaboy (6323)
@CaptAlbertWhisker HAHA, hope it helps
• Calgary, Alberta
@dollaboy We might still have an evil twin still lurking around.
• Nagpur, India
It's unbelievable incident. He was very unlucky. Because his face matched the culprit. I hope that such a mistake does not happen again in the future. But many years of that person got worse in prison.
• Calgary, Alberta
They do have a huge resemblance. This made me realize face is enough to confirm a person is the culprit. they need to do more investigation.
@kepweng (6341)
its like face off movie travolta and cage lol
• Calgary, Alberta
Imagine there is someone who looks exactly like you. Hopefully with no criminal records.
@Lucky15 (33700)
17 years was taken from him, and to his child and wife. hope he would be getting something ;/
• Calgary, Alberta
I know, For sure he is free but a huge chunk of his life was wasted for a crime he didn't do.
@augusta123 (1466)
can't believe what he went through psychological and emotionally for a crime he never committed. it is quite depressing.though I'm not a fan of surgery.I think cases like this makes me think otherwise
I hate to see that happen. That destroys someone's life and their family and then all they may get is an apology when they finally find the one one and let the innocent one out. They need to not be so stubborn and find more than one suspect so they do not put the wrong one away.