Mere Pennies

How low can it go? On July 27, 2017, my earnings from Mylot were exactly $0.1554. Certainly not here to make a living! I just wondered how other Mylotters feel about the compensation being less and less on MyLot.
I had not noticed that it is less Marlina but it has never been a lot.
In my case, it was a lot more before, not much for sure, but more.
@marlina do you do the same amount of activity every time you're here?
@marlina Oh this is mighty strange then. I am sorry it may be like that for you then.
• Peoria, Arizona
I honestly do not pay attention to how much I earn in a day because it varies so much that it isn't even worth noting haha I am just here to have fun and talk to amazing people and pick up some pennies on the side!
I thought I would check this today to see how my bank was doing.
• Peoria, Arizona
@marlina Make sense! Someone has to pay attention to it haha!
I'm okay with it because I remember when they stopped paying completely. Something is better than nothing.
@AmbiePam , I was not here when they were not paying as I did not know about this site then.
@marlina I joined about 11 years ago. It paid really well. Then it started paying less. Then a couple of years ago it paid nothing. I left and so did many others. After a year it started paying again, the little amount we get now. But having been here when no money was offered it doesn't bother me much because it's something.
• Asansol, India
Yes something is better than nothing. At least they are caring to give you some compensation for your time. Also you can grow by yourself at myLot.
I dedicated less time to myLot, so I thought it is more than normal that my earnings were less, but in line with the past.
Maybe I am doing less than before.
@marlina I know I am doing less, I am writing very little and I spend less time online.
@LadyDuck It used to be a lot more active here. Not the same anymore.
@sugartoes (39293)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it just has to come from the heart that you take one day at a time & enjoy what you do here & not worry about trying to make a living on here it's better than nothing at all right? It's easy work & enjoying to chat to get paid doing it what more could one ask for it's so simple it's enjoying.
I am certainly not here for a living LOL.
I really can't say because I haven't been on much lately with everything that's going on in my life.
I know Jennifer how busy you are these days.
@marlina Yeah, today I am trying to spend a little more time here in between taking care of all my babies of course. =)
I don't think compensation is actually less. It's all about how time is put in and the variables like how popular a post is.
I guess you are right @JohnRoberts
• Staten Island, New York
It seems sometimes that you can put in less time and get more than when you put in more time. Or you can spend the same amount of time here for a few days in a row and the results will vary. Guess it depends on the activity on the comments you leave and discussions you start and how popular they become.
@Nawsheen (22942)
• Mauritius
I have not really made that much over here this month as I was busy offline
See you around!
I look at it this way. Some money is better than no money.
Yes, $0.15 is better than zero.
I have been very consistent the last three months, since I cut back on time here. Some days is more than others, but I don't see it going down.
Good for you!
Like I mentioned so many times here.The money goes to the animal shelter.Less or more at least something for my animals
Generous of you Alfredo.
@marlina thank you.I love my animals
You are the greatest! I, too, have finally got permission from my sister that I can give my earnings to my local Humane Society. You are a special man with giving earnings to the animals and baking for the homeless. I love my animals too! I am just allowed to have one pet of my hamster, Marty, but am very happy with the little guy! I wish I could have a rabbit too! Keep earning those animals love you for helping them!
Because we're on holidays and our internet time is limited, I don't expect to earn very much each day but I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I have earned.
I am glad that you have been pleasantly surprised with your earnings.
@marlina I've never been able to work out how the earnings are distributed.
@JudyEv I don't know either.
I haven't noticed a recent change in earnings. I've never made a tremendous amount, but enjoy my time here
I do enjoy my time here too.
@shshiju (10318)
• Cochin, India
When I increase my response and comments there is comparatively increase in earnings. When I have less time earnings come normally down.
Maybe I spent less time here without noticing it.
@porwest (2766)
I always look at it this way. IF the site is legit, I should expect that earnings will fluctuate. If the earning becomes too easy and comes too fast it makes me wonder if I am not being lead on like has been the case on so many sites before it, to post more content to line their pockets only to one day find my bank full but no money forthcoming before the site says, "Oops. Must have gotten it wrong. We cannot pay you what we owe you."
Remember Bubblews and Squidoo?
@porwest (2766)
@marlina I do. I was never on Squidoo, but I was on Bubblews. It didn't take long to realize when the writing was on the wall and you were ultimately providing content to line their pockets, not yours before the plug was entirely pulled and they bailed.
@porwest I used to love being on Squidoo and I was really upset when it was over.
@poehere (17716)
• French Polynesia
The site doesn't pay out millions in cash each month. However, the site is for fun and interacting. You should have fun and enjoy the time you are here. The pennies will come and add up the more you comment and interact.
@poehere I am more for the interaction than the money for sure. I would be starving if I had to rely on this money.
@poehere (17716)
• French Polynesia
@marlina You and all others on the site. However, I do think a few people do quite nicely here on the site. It seems they get a lot of interaction on what what they write. They are always rated top and have a lot of people responding to them.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@poehere This is precisely how the site was intended to be used. It is a social site with the added benefit of a little income, not a get rich quick scheme.
@averygirl72 (16670)
I figure out how to increase my earnings here in mylot. You have to be very active and make lots of activity. It consumes a lot of time. I'm chasing 1 dollar a day. I thought it was impossible, now I know it can be possible. I'm earning .89 cents for two consecutive days for trying to earn 1 dollar
That makes for a lot of work for so little money
@averygirl72 (16670)
@marlina It's okay for me. I have plenty of time to do it
@mandala100 (36110)
@marlina Well, the money here in myLot is merely incidental or mere an incentive my friend.
The money here is fun but not as much fun as the interaction.
@mandala100 (36110)
@marlina You are absolutely correct my friend.
It hasnt gone down.. im making around the same this month as i did the last two.
@EddieHands (37857)
yes it's about the same! I just post less now
@tzwrites (4622)
It is sad to see the compensation keeps dropping. I hope MyLot is not going down the drain...
Teemee @tzwrites , I think it is just because I am not active enough.