Have You Ever Lost Your Cell Phone?

I left my cell phone in the grocery cart about a week ago. But, as soon as I got in my car, I realized that I didn’t have it and rushed back in the store. Luckily, someone had found it and taken it to the Customer Service Desk and I got it back. I was in a panic until I got it back. Have you ever lost your cell phone, a camera, or some other valuable item? The “Lost and Found” at Walt Disney World EVERY YEAR collects more than 6000 cell phones, 3500 digital cameras, and 18,000+ HATS. If that amusement park collects that many every year and you count all the amusement parks around the world, or even just in the USA, it’s an incredibly HUGE number of items that are lost every year. I had no idea! I just learned this recently.
@louievill (18382)
I lost a Nokia analog phone a long time ago, I use to drink a lot while playing billiards and I fell asleep in a bench while watching a betting match, think it got stolen or was picked from my pocket
Oh dear! I hope you are more careful now.
@louievill (18382)
@IreneVincent never lost another phone, I don't drink that much nor play billard till dawn anymore. I got tired and careless.
@louievill Good for you. I'm glad you don't drink that much anymore.
• Richfield, Utah
I've never lost my phone, however, I have dropped mine in the toilet once... not fun!
Oooooooooooops! That's not good.
• Richfield, Utah
@IreneVincent nope, but luckily I was able to save the Sim card so I transferred that to another phone
@librarygeek1980 That's good. Phones are so expensive now.
That is a lot of lost items. I wonder what they do with the unclaimed items. I guess they have a accepted standard practice when it comes to disposing of these items.
I wondered about that too. You would think that people would GO TO the Lost and Found department and get their lost items before they leave the park. Some people are careless, especially young people.
@IreneVincent thank you for the advice.
@allen0187 I hope you take my advice.
No, I have found one in the store I worked and called a few numbers on it to tell the owner of it.. she came. Then in a book store, someone left their Tablet in the stall, and as I was returning it to the customer service desk, the owner came rushing in looking for it..
A friend of mine left her tablet at the nursing home last week and the activities director came running out to give it to her as we were standing in the parking lot getting ready to leave.
@IreneVincent I am glad, I don't take my tablet with me, when I go places.
@CookieMonster46 She uses her tablet at the nursing home to look up scriptures.
Ive lost mine in my house by just kwaving it somewhere and going to another room for over 10mins lol
AS a matter of fact, I lost mine in the house TODAY. I had to get my son to call my cell phone and I heard it ringing upstairs. It was on my bed, UNDER a piece of clothing. I lose it all the time in the house and sometimes I leave it in the car.
@IreneVincent notvme just maybe 2times a month in the house but its always in olain sight
@Neiltarquin (1093)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I never experienced misplacing a phone. I always make it a habit to check not just my phone, but also anything else before I leave the area.
Good habit. That's always a good idea. I have a list on the inside of my front door that reminds me of what I have to take with me when I leave the house. Wallet, money, keys, cell phone, glasses, sun glasses, tissues, things that need mailed, etc. The list has saved me a lot of time.
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@IreneVincent Thatvis a good way to remind me of things before leaving the house. Thanks for the idea...
@Neiltarquin It REALLY is a GOOD idea. Before I put the list up and started checking it before I went out the door, I would forget things all the time and I would have to turn around and come back home to get what I needed.
I never tried to lose my mobile phone. But my mother does, it happened when she left the mobile in the living room unattended. We suspected that it was stolen by our childhood friend.
That would be so mean to steal someone's phone. I was definitely worried when I left mine in the grocery cart, but whoever found it was an honest person and left it at customer service. I was very thankful that an honest person found it.
@IreneVincent We are so sad that this childhood friend did such an act.
@Shavkat Yes, that would be very disheartening. Are you sure this "friend" actually did it? Did you confront this person?
@dollaboy (6232)
Never but i don't wanna lose, Its a pretty bad feeling
Yes, when I can't find my phone, I panic. It makes me so mad when I misplace it, even in the house.
@dollaboy (6232)
@IreneVincent worst feeling
@Tracy04 (10527)
I sometimes forgot my phone at home, but never lost it. Hopefully not lost! It'll be hard to replace especially with the numbers and some important contacts and few things inside the phone.
Yes, when you lose your phone, you lose a LOT of important information. Especially, phone numbers. I decided to write all the phone #s I had in my phone in my monthly planner that I keep on my desk with other important information. Just in case.
@Tracy04 (10527)
I do not have a cell phone so nothing to lose.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have one either. I get so many telemarketing calls. I have already reached the limit on blocking calls. Now, I just don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number. My son and my daughter get so mad at me, because I will turn the ringer off, so it doesn't disturb me when I'm sleeping or if I want to take a nap. Then, I forget to turn the ringer back on.