I Do Not Have a Cookie Guard

I visit my Dad often, but Sunday is the day I bring my dad a large package of cookies. Dad really enjoys those cookies during the week! I keep the cookies I buy for Dad in my husband's home office. When my husband is here, he keeps watch over those cookies for Dad because my husband is well aware of my sweet tooth. On two occasions, the cookies meant for Dad have disappeared from my husband's office when he went to the gym. My husband knew I ate them, and I had to endure quite a bit of good-natured teasing from him about my lack of will power. I do not want to endure good-natured teasing again, therefore, each Sunday package of cookies has remained untouched by me due to being located in my husband's home office. My husband has been out of town for 4 days so far. I ate Dad's cookies. I have no one here to guard Dad's cookies, and I ate them all. It only took me two nights to eat all of the cookies meant for Dad. Until my husband's return, I will have to purchase Dad's cookies on the way to my Sunday visit with him. No way could I eat a full-size package of cookies during the 3-minute drive to Dad's residence!
I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh but that's so funny! I hope your cookie guard gets back soon. Lol
He will be back Tuesday, thank goodness. However, I will just buy a package on the way to seeing Dad on Sunday. Life is hard for sweet-tooth people.
I hear you. Some cookies are just hard to resist. I like the Chips Ahoy.
These were the round shortbread cookies drizzled in chocolate, but I would have eaten all the Chips Ahoy too.
@Corbin5 I love that shortbread with chocolate drizzles on them! They are delicious! I don't know if I can eat a package in two days, but I can eat one in a week!! You made me hungry, and I have a box from the Wal Mart bakery of snickerdoodles! I already finished the sugar cookies I bought at the same place! I am dangerous in the bakery and sweets section of the grocery store! I just developed the sweet tooth about a few months ago!
@Marty1 Oh, you are a cookie monster too, but you are not as big a cookie monster as I am. I will be glad when my cookie guard arrives home on Tuesday.
I have a weakness for cookies too, though we call them biscuits. If there are any in the house, I will eat them.
Yes, if I am here alone, and the cookies are in the house, I will eat them. Will be glad when the guard comes home.
You just made me laugh. You're a live cookie monster.
I am a cookie monster!! Never knew that, but thanks to you, I am one now!!
@thelme55 (13703)
@Corbin5 lol. That was what I thought of you when I read this post. Please don't get angry. You are a loving cookie monster
Funny, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I'd be happy to guard them for you. They will remain untouched.
Thank you for that offer of guarding them, my friend. Will let you know if your services are desperately needed.
I could eat them in maybe 5 minutes lol
I should do a test drive and see if it is possible to eat a package of cookies while driving for 5 minutes. Fun to give that a try.
@ilocosboy (34345)
Hire someone to guard you on those cookies he he. But I can't blame you when that cookies disappeared.
@ilocosboy (34345)
He he
@louievill (17696)
No Molly ate them
Molly is not her either since she went to Florida with my husband to visit family. It was all me.
@louievill (17696)
Bad Deborah! Go to your room!
I really do need to punish myself in some way. Well, I will be punished when I try to zip up my shorts tomorrow.
@Corbin5 oh no i hope not.
@bunnybon7 (34969)
• Holiday, Florida
are you sure about that? i have been known to eat a lot while driving. a Taco Bell super burrito and taco pizza come to mind. usually due to driving from work and not eating all day. mistakes i made back then
I could do a test drive and see if I could eat all those cookies before I get to Dad's. It would be fun to give it a try.
@bunnybon7 (34969)
• Holiday, Florida
You'll have to get into that habit of picking them up on your way, or put them in the deep freezer, you might be less tempted if they are frozen.
I think picking them up on the way is the method I will use since I drive right by the grocery store on my way.
@Freelanzer (7789)
Or could you? Poor Dad!
Well, I could do a test drive to Dad's residence and see if I can eat an entire package in 3 minutes. That would be an enjoyable experiment for me.
@sallypup (25843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Poor you. I feel your satisfied pain. A few weeks ago I almost talked myself into making a batch of sugar cookies for my Mom. That would have meant I buy and bring butter and sugar into my house- a huge and I mean huge uh oh for my busy hands. Instead I slipped a little book into an envelope and mailed that to my Mom. Its a book that is mostly lovely paintings- charming and humorous and really a kid's book but great for adults, too. I addressed the envelope to both my Mom and the sister who she lives with, saying that they could read the book together. Mom sent me a little letter back, saying that sister had shared the book with her and they'd had a good time. And I got off the sugar-butter hook. I have more in the series that I plan to send, every month or so.
That gift of the book worked out really well for you. I do not bake due to the fact I eat the majority of what I bake.
You are a cookie monster.
Oh yes, a cookie monster I am. The cookies are the only sweets we have in the house due to sweets being so well loved by me. When the cookies are well-guarded, then all is well.
• Japan
Put a couple spiders in the drawer with them. They won't eat the cookies, but neither will you.
A brilliant idea!! I can just take the package from the drawer with tongs, give the package a shake, and I am good to go.
Have Molly guard the cookies.
Well, Molly is in Florida with my husband, so I am on my own until the guard comes back on Tuesday.
@Corbin5 So I take it Molly likes to travel. So is Molly your husband's guard dog. It is quiet and nice or lonely without them around?
@Hannihar Molly loves to travel. She just sits and looks out the car windows for a while, and then she takes naps. If she has to go to the bathroom, she just taps my husband on the shoulder with her paw.
• Pamplona, Spain
I do have some will power but if someone stresses me enough and they are enough to stress anyone to the limits I grab a couple of biscuits too sometimes. Never mind they must have been really good cookies too.
Stress will have me grabbing for cookies too!! I should go for a walk instead.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 Today I ate two chocolate biscuits on top of the ordinary breakfast I had already eaten. Just one of those days that got to me for a while.
@nanette64 (16735)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh you bad girl @Corbin5 .
I have eaten Dad's cookies on more than one occasion. Bad is right. Thank you for the email funnies!!!
@nanette64 (16735)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 You're welcome. You know I have to bring some sunshine to your day.
Oh goodness, you really need help and I understand you so well. When I make cookies it's hard to resist to eat at least one. The smell from the oven is too tempting.
These were shortbread cookies with chocolate drizzled on them. I need to find a cookie I hate, but not sure they make those.
@Corbin5 I fear that I cannot find something sweet that I hate. I bring all the chocolate bars and chocolates downstairs in the basement, at least they are out of view, but when I go down for my weekly laundry they are so close.
@LadyDuck Oh, dear. Yes, doing the laundry puts you in danger. I wish I could just eat a tiny bit of sweets every day, but I seem to eat a bit too much if sweets are in the house.
@alberello75 (15639)
• Genova, Italy
You are very greedy of cookies. Am I right?
Yes, when there are cookies here, I am very greedy.
@alberello75 (15639)
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 Sorry, but these things, like stealing cookies, are usually "things" for children. But I understand you, your throat, you know ... I think these cookies for you are something irresistible! Am I right?
@alberello75 Oh yes, anything sweet is something that is hard for me to avoid. We do not keep sweets in the house because I would eat far too many of those sweets. All sweets are irresistible to me, so it is best not to buy them, except for Dad.