Our washing machine is celebrating 25 years of existence.

Our washing machine is 25 years old and has been doing a fine job. It's fully automatic although we need to air the clothes for a while. It is a top loader and takes up to 5 kilos. It is a Whirlpool and has hardly undergone any repairs. Tried to click a picture but this is what I managed - it's early morning here. Do you have gadgets that are old and working?
@vsai2008 (7660)
Our car is 25 years old and its working fine We don't have things that are older and in working condition
25 years for a car is pretty good. What model is that?
@vsai2008 (7660)
@allknowing Maruti 800, The Great LOL
@vsai2008 No one bumped into it? It has a delicate body (lol)
@TriniTU (141)
Good morning..smiled seeing your post..we have a 17 year old washing machine too..we couldn't throw away coz it still works and for the sentimental value..
Seventeen years is also a pretty good longevity.
@TriniTU (141)
@allknowing yah,we don't use it usually..
No not here ever. I would update it. I had a washer 8 years but to live here I had to give it away. I think the name speaks volumes for your washer.
Do you have restrictions that you cannot keep a washing machine?
@vandana7 (63560)
Oh wow...that is great..our car is about 20 years old, and we are planning to replace it in coming month. It is in working condition, and it does give fair mileage too. But the bucket seats are not ok for dad, and the wheels alignment is a bit off. Another thing I am not happy about is the gears. Clutch does not go down unless pressed more or may be I am old so there is weakness in legs. Finally the windshield. There were some insects dashing against it during drive, and some mud that causes those spots. We got it changed, but water leaks inside! As a moving vehicle, with decent mileage, it is still good.
While complimenting you on the age of your car I think your decision to buy a new one is good as it is risky to drive a car that cannot be relied on.
That's really good!! We have only been in this house 5 years, and got all new big gadgets . . . so we have yet to find out about the long run. As far as the smaller gadgets, I do have a popcorn popper and rice cooker that are at least 15 years old now!
15 years is certainly good for your popcorn popper and rice cooker. Keep your fingers for your other gadgets.
@much2say As long as there are spare parts available it is fine but these days with upgrades spare parts of older models are difficult to find.
@allknowing Sometimes I have thought they don't have spare parts available on purpose - that way we'd have to buy a newer model .
@dollaboy (6232)
Sounds good, I am 19 and working fine
You are 19 and still wet behind your ears Have any parts been replaced?
@dollaboy (6232)
@allknowing nothing major though
• Peoria, Arizona
oh wow, that is awesome! ours is not that old, I think it might be over 10 years? Perhaps, I dont know. But it is pretty good for the fact that our washer is outside, exposed to the elements haha
Ours is well protected and therefore looks as good as new.
• Peoria, Arizona
@allknowing That is awesome!
My tv and fridge are a couple years old and still working. 25 years - you have gotten your money's worth from that washing machine!
It even looks brand new
@allknowing that just goes to show how much you've taken cared of it!
Congratulations! Mine gave up after 20 years of use this year and we could not fix it as there are no spare parts. But Leticia took it to her house and is using it with no warm water (the hot water pump stopped working).
That is the problem with all gadgets. They upgrade and stop producing spare parts for the older versions. I have had no issues so far and hopefully it should last a few years. Our is with cold water.
@allknowing The repairman told me that the people who made the machines must have spare parts for 7 years only. My machine was new when it was 7 years old.
• Richfield, Utah
Sweet! I have an old top loader washer too, close to 20 years, I drive a 18 year old truck as well.
That's really a 'wow' kind of news - you driving a truck 20 years is pretty long too. More power to your washing machine and the truck!!!
• Richfield, Utah
@allknowing lol, I love my truck, love the power.....
I had my son and he kept my washer and dryer going for over twenty years and my car going for over twenty years.
Was your son repairing if anything went wrong with these items?
@allknowing Yes he did and I saved a lot of money because of him.
No, not really. I originally bought used gadgets and they lasted a long time, Each time I replaced one it lasted a shorter time. Usually designed not to be repaired. We are a throw away society.
Old models are difficult to repair as their parts are not available.
@mandala100 (39073)
@allknowing Your washing machine has serve you well my friend.
@Tracy04 (10527)
Happy 25th year anniversary of washing machine.
@shynu44 (4770)
wow, thats amazing.
@sishy7 (27654)
A good brand it is and I've always thought a top loader is much sturdier than a front loader.