Miniature Houses

In the Summer Capital of the Philippines, we usually celebrate “Panagbenga” or Flower Festival yearly. One thing for sure, I can never resist going to the park and see beautiful landscapes created by the local people in the city. In 2016, I took this photo and was so amazed at these "miniature houses." It looks like houses for dwarves in the middle of the forest. "Are you fascinated seeing a miniature house?" "Do you have a miniature house in your garden?" Image Credit: Shavkat
@vandana7 (57186)
Aw..that is so cute...so..very cute...I wish somebody could do abra ca dabra and make me small enough to live in that...so cute.
I wonder if there is really a wizard and zap us into dwarf-size individual,lol It would be a great adventure living in this miniature houses.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes this is very nice Shavkat. I love it. If I had a garden yes I would have tiny houses like this.
I also love it. I am hoping to have my own landscape in the garden with miniature houses.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@prashu228 (21897)
I heard about this festival, some one mentioned here. Flowers festival sounds interesting. I like the miniature house
I am not sure if I was the one who had mentioned about the festivity. I haven't seen any members from my hometown. I do love it, too.
@prashu228 (21897)
@Shavkat I don't remember who mentioned it..lol .
@renicemae (2198)
Wow.It's really cool. Baguio right? I've been there way back in college. It's really nice to feel the cold air in the area. Feels like I'm in other country
As it was said by the local people, the cool weather in Baguio City is all-year round. Are you near in the city?
@renicemae (2198)
@Shavkat Nope. I'm from Mmindanao. We went there for a fieldtrip (which is required in our curriculum).
@renicemae Are you from Zamboanga?
• Richfield, Utah
That looks cute! Like a fairy house or something...
I do agree that they look so amazing. I hope Thumbelina is not hiding in the mini-houses.lol
• Richfield, Utah
@Shavkat lol, that would be funny if she was, lol
@librarygeek1980 She will be happy. I hope there are no insects that will hunt her.lol
They are beautiful! I don´t have such a thing at home, but I´d like to have them.
I do agree that they look beautiful. I hope we can have miniature houses.
@Shavkat I think they would not be easy to make.
@shikharava (1897)
Yep, I got many around the lawn. In fact my fascination was the reason I got them in my house. I got garden gnomes and some others. Have a few miniature homes for them. (*_*)
I think you are lucky to have them. Do you have the seven dwarfs of Snow White?
@Shavkat oh no, dear. I said garden gnomes. I don't have the dwarves, as so much I would like to have them.(*_*)
That's so cool. It does look like something out of a fairytale.
I agree. Fairies can live here. It was like in the folklore stories.
• Pamplona, Spain
Don´t have them and never had them as I never had a garden of my own to do what I want with. Beautiful and well worth going to see. Have a nice time out Shavkat.
I wish I can have one in our garden. But then, there is an issue with the family house. Perhaps I can have these miniature houses in our new house in the future.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat Hope your wishes come true really do.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Thank you. I hope you whispered to my angel.
• Riga, Latvia
That is a wonderful miniature house. Yes, I like miniature house and no I don't have any. I would love learning a hobby like making miniature houses.
I think that would be nice to have such skills in making miniature houses. If I have the chance to collect some of it and be installed in my garden.
@spaceseed (2925)
very good pic
Thank you for liking it.
@ridingbet (36229)
there are some miniature houses outside the hospital wards, and i would peep on these. my students follow me doing so and when they ask why i peep, i would answer that i want to see if the dwarfs are already awake and doing their chores outside their houses.
I think you can take some photos and share with us, kabsat. I am sure your students will think that you are weird peeping the mini-house.lol
@ridingbet (36229)
@Shavkat hahaha! yes, but they also peep and tell me the dwarfs are out. it is fun conversing with my students when they are not in the area.
@ridingbet It is fun and we feel young again with these young students.
@mandala100 (25004)
@Shavkat That's so wonderful to see and the pole who made it are indeed very creative or artistic my friend.
Thank you for appreciating it.
@mandala100 (25004)
@Shavkat No problem my friend.
@TriniTU (143)
Wow...I do! I have one but not like that,it is a doll house I'm supposed to throw away but saw online too those tiny houses in a garden and decided not to throw it. I put it on a plant pot, with a bonsai plant and did tiny landscape on it it sure looks cool...I love those things!
It is nice to hear that. I think we can recycle things up instead of throwing it. They are good for the beautification of our garden.
@TriniTU (143)
@Shavkat i so agree!!
That is a wonderful photo you shared with us!! Homeowners here will often make what are called "fairy gardens" under trees in front yards that contain little houses, benches, tables, chairs, and figurines.
That's a picture perfect garden. If we have our new house, I am planning to have it. I think fairies can be added.
@Shavkat I think I may create one too. You and I would have so much fun doing that!!!
@Corbin5 I am sure that would be fun.
@thelme55 (11405)
No, not yet. I have planned ages ago but it is not yet realised. I hope when I am in my Philippines home next time.
I think it is the best idea to have mini-houses in the garden. I hope you will have it in the future.
@thelme55 (11405)
@Shavkat I hope so.
• Asansol, India
It is a treat to watch that. I think Philippines have many such nice spots. I generally like to go to parks.
You can try to visit here, my friend.
• Rochester, New York
I would love to have a fairy village in my back yard. I think it would be great.
That would be a mystical place. I am sure I will enjoy reading a book in your garden.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
What an awesome picture. I don't have a minature house in my garden but this has inspired me to get one.
I have never seen minature houses that I am aware of. They are really cool. Did you ever see little people come out of them?