Trying The New Bagel Shop

A new bagel shop opened in our town the other day so my daughter and I decided to go there and see what's up. The only choices here for bagels is either what they sell in the bakery department of the supermarket or a bag of pre-packaged store brand or Thomas. The supermarket bagels are okay and better than the pre-packaged but a bagel shop that makes their own bagels is enticing. Here's what we found. The bagels are pretty decent and there was a good variety. We got 2 everything, 2 pumpernickel and a whole wheat. We also got some cold cuts (honey roasted turkey and swiss cheese) which was pricey compared to the same brand in the supermarket. Since they are new, they were very very slow in helping the customers which makes me wonder if they have ever done this before. Here's the kicker. They rang up the order before they weighed out the cold cuts. From my experience no one is ever able to get cold cuts weighed out exactly and it's either higher or lower than what you ask for. Unless they pick up speed especially during peak times and lower the price a little on their cold cuts I don't see them staying in business very long. I wish them success as it's nice to have a local place to patronize.
@silvermist (15807)
Hopefully they learn to give some fast service.It is always nice to have many outlets like that so that we could choose.
Hopefully they will learn the error of their ways and make changes to draw in more customers.
If the bagels were decent it was worth the trip LOL
I'm surprised they have cold cuts. We have a couple bagel shops in town and that's all they offer in a very wide variety along with a variety of cream cheeses to go along with them.
Hopefully in time (soon) they will figure it all out in order to keep the business thriving. I know these bagel places can be pricey, but nothing beats a truly fresh bagel!
they come and go like everywhere.Good luck there
Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes, but yeah it's pretty hard to get exact weight.
@Platespinner (18073)
Sometimes it takes a new establishment a bit of time to come up to speed. If they want to make it as a business they are going to need to get their act together.
Good bagels are hard to find
@quantum2020 (8335)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Once they become aware of the potential, maybe. they┬┤ll change their strategic towards the market
Here some get the weight on target. But mostly, no.. hope they last. Every business has hiccups at first.
Hopefully they'll pick up speed. It would be a shame to offer some delicious food but lose customers due to poor service.
It would be nice if they do stay in business.
Hopefully they will catch on and improve their business. It is all live and learn.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh nice you have a new place to try. Glad you enjoyed it Marilyn.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Some new shop will have mistakes in their management and others, hope they learn and grow in the future.
Let's hope that after the few days they learn how to serve customers and they speed up a bit.
@dollaboy (6337)
I really hope that they can do well and not repeat the mistakes again, Marilyn. Happy Day
I am a bagel person myself. Bagels are expensive. I love raisin bagels and onion. I wish we had pumperknickel here. We have bagel shops here in Israel so can get them when you want.
I haven't had a good bagel in years