San Diego 2011 trip

@FayeHazel (18491)
In 2011 I got to speak at a Mental Health conference in San Diego Ca.  Most of my time was taken up at the conference, however, San Diego - I would love to come back and experience your beautiful town in the future.  (Incase you wondered, my speech was about being appropriately open about mental health diagnosis.) It was my first time seeing real palm trees.   I had the famous "fish tacos", saw the ocean which I thought was salty (yes I tasted it) - and even though I only went in up to my knees - it really did pull me around a fair deal. This was in Ocean Beach.  Olde Town was charming though many of the tourist shops had the same selection of magnets, mugs, t-shirts and jewelry for sale.  Here too I was hoping that unique shops and items would be available... I guess not. The little Italian Restaurant we went to the first night we were there was magical.  The only place near by that did  not need reservations nor had a huge waiting list of people, we settled for a boring looking little restaurant.  Inside - it was similar - very plain white walls, no seating, walk-up to the counter to order.  To my surprise they offered we could sit "out back".  I expected card tables in a parking lot.  I was pleasantly surprised by a well kept, beautifully lit garden oasis...  it was truly magical. So San Diego - I would like to come back and see more of your fantastic city, try more of the beach and the surfing.
Where the Sun Sets on San Diego
Sounds like another fun adventure. I have only been there once at the bus station lol.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Aw no, only the bus stop? I hope you can go again and experience more of it.
@FayeHazel Yes it was just a stop on my way back home, bus made a lot of stops, they also stopped in LA the bus station looked like a DMX Rap video lol.
@FayeHazel (18491)
@TRBRocks420 Ah, I've never experienced bus travel. Makes sense there would be a lot stops tho. When I read DMX I instantly thought of "Walk this way"
I haven't been to San Diego since I was a kid. All I remember is the zoo.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Ah, I wanted to get to the zoo, didn't happen though.
@FayeHazel - That's too bad. That's a world famous zoo.
@FayeHazel (18491)
@teamfreak16 I've heard it's great! Someday I hope to go. In the meantime I hope to get to my little local zoo... ah budgetary concerns.
@silvermist (20073)
Never been to San Diego.Thanks for sharing those wonderful memories.
@FayeHazel (18491)
It was lovely, I hope you can go sometime
@silvermist (20073)
@FayeHazel I may go there sometime in future.
@FayeHazel (18491)
@silvermist That would be cool!
@cahaya1983 (10043)
Sounds like you had a great time there. I hope you have the chance to go back and experience more of the city, especially surfing!
@FayeHazel (18491)
Thanks! I would love to try surfing, though I bet it's harder than it looks. Have you surfed?
@cahaya1983 (10043)
@FayeHazel No, and yeah it does look hard! We don't have very big waves here, surfing isn't very popular.
It is a beautiful city, and I'd love to go back as well.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh cool! If I had money I would say, let's plan a trip! :-)
@FayeHazel I would echo that.
@bunnybon7 (36881)
• Holiday, Florida
it is very beautiful there and i would have stayed if not for the earth quakes that terrified me. i lived in the Chula Vista suberb for a while of San Deigo and then for a while when the earth quake struck that brought down a whole section of overhead highway and many buildings etc. we lived in Corcoran . i cleaned rooms where the rescuers stayed in shifts to sleep
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh, I forgot about the earthquakes-- isn't it something how some of the most beautiful places have some of the most dangerous phenomena ? I'm happy you were safe... I can't imagine seeing something like that much less living there
@bunnybon7 (36881)
• Holiday, Florida
@FayeHazel safe so far but at any time we could have a hurricane and that would be the end of me just for the excitemint and anxiety and no breathing machine for a long period
Sounds nice.
@FayeHazel (18491)
It was truly lovely
@bluesa (13538)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , it is lovely when you find a jewel where you least expect, like that Garden. I hope you get to visit San Diego again just to relax.
@FayeHazel (18491)
Oh , isn't that the best? To find something plain on the outside but splendid and hidden? Thanks! I hope to return too
@bluesa (13538)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel it absolutely is . You're welcome and it is a great travel goal to have.
@mandala100 (46270)
@FayeHazel That's a nice trip and good memories you have there in San Diego my friend. Thank you for sharing it.
@FayeHazel (18491)
So welcome, thank you for reading :-)
@mandala100 (46270)
@FayeHazel No problem my friend.
I've been to SanDiego several times, the last with just my husband for a week. It is beautiful! We ate in the Gaslight district, visited San Diego Zoo again, went to Coronado Island, shopped in La Jolla, and stayed in a hotel on a marina. They had the best Caesar salad I've ever had. And yes, all oceans are salty. lol. I hope you can return.
@FayeHazel (18491)
The gaslight district sounds splendid... and the hotel where we stayed had a view of Coronado. Isn't that funny how we've both been in the same location, just at different times... :-) And now I'm craving a good ceaser salad
I had a friend once who always wanted to go back to live in San Diego. She could not stop talking about it. It must be a really nice city.
@FayeHazel (18491)
I was really impressed by it, granted I didn't get to see much of it. But beautiful sights and lovely weather. However everything was very expensive
Sounds like a nice place to visit.
@FayeHazel (18491)
It was lovely!
I have never been to San Diego, but it does sound like a lovely place to spend some time!
@FayeHazel (18491)
It was really nice, I hope you can visit sometime
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
love to visit these city where state you live?
@Tracy04 (10868)
Oh I wish I can go there!
@Tracy04 (10868)
Oh I wish I can go there!
@Nawsheen (23067)
• Mauritius
Have never been there before. Seems to be a nice place. Thanks for sharing
@spaceseed (2891)
So make a plan and visit there once more
My Aunt lived in San Diego and my cousins in Van Eyes. We went to Disneyland and loved it. Don't remember much about it there but Disneyland. We also have palm trees here in Jerusalem. They are very nice.