Fast Remedies for Whitlow

@Paige32 (1821)
I recently got whitlow on one of my fingernails and it was quite painful. It came innocently like a little itch bit became severe. I know whitlow goes in two or three weeks without treatment, but since I sew and make use of my hands, knew I had to attack it fast. What I did to cure mine was to use a lemon. I made a hole large enough and burrowed the affected nail in it. I let it sit for 15 minutes and repeated this in the evening. I repeated this act for three days and the whitlow infection dried up. Have you ever had this infection.? How did you handle the pain and what was your method of treating it?
I don't think I have ever heard of this particular ailment, but I am glad that you found a remedy for yourself.
@Paige32 (1821)
It goes by another name which I can't remember right now. I'll search for it and let you know own.
@Paige32 (1821)
Ah yes, it is also called felon and is caused by the herpes simplex virus.
@cahaya1983 (10163)
I had to search about whitlow, I didn't know about this infection. It does look painful. I'm glad the infection is gone.
@Paige32 (1821)
Thanks @Cahaya and yes it is painful and renders the hand where it occurs useless for the duration.
@jobelbojel (5959)
I am happy you were able to treat it.
@Paige32 (1821)
Thanks. I'm happy too
I had never heard of it before now. I think I'll go look it up.
@dollaboy (6261)
I'm sorry that you have this issue, Hope it heels soon. No experience as such
@Paige32 (1821)
Thanks. Its gone now.
@dollaboy (6261)
@Paige32 have a happy day
@Paige32 (1821)
@dollaboy Thanks. Have a happy day too.
@Nawsheen (22937)
• Mauritius
My friend has this before and she used some cortisone ointment I think. Glad to hear that homemade remedies work too.
@Paige32 (1821)
Was the cortisone ointment effective? Mine went after a few days using lemon.
@Paige32 (1821)
@Nawsheen (22937)
• Mauritius
@Paige32 Yes it was effective. Glad to hear that the lemon worked
@Tracy04 (10606)
Hmm.... Not familiar with this name. Last time have warts(maybe), where there's something grow at your fingers and it's spread. I use garlic and it gone after a while.